• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids I ordered Phenibut 300mg HCL capsules, some questions

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I wanted to give it a try for awhile, and things haven't been going so well, so I said fuck it and ordered some. So as for the questions...

What's it feel like, similar to Gabapentin or benzos like Valium?
Should I not combine either of these with it at any point? (I would assume a big yes, maybe not Gabapentin)
Is there a big cross tolerance between Gabapentin/benzos and this?
What would be a good starter dose? I'm assuming maybe 3 capsules.

I'm aware it should not be taken more than one or two times a week at most because I've heard of how bad the withdrawal is, how fast tolerance builds, and how fast withdrawal can occur as well.

I could've bought crystals for cheaper, but I don't know much about that or powder form. I've heard they are very difficult to toss and wash, and I don't have a mg scale, just a regular scale, so I figured capsules would be safer to start on.

Phenibut sort of feels like gabapentin (at least its closer to that than a benzo).

It has a rather subtle, almost dopaminergic feel, but high doses get sloppy and quite unpleasant.

I don't think it is good for the kidneys, a common side effect is concentrated/dark urine, even when ample water is consumed.

It's addictive properties are also subtle, I think the effects are mild enough that people can do it daily without considering the habit it builds up.

More like gabapentin than anything else. Though its a bit more stimulating than gabapentin, and can induce a hypomania that has some parallels to pregabalin-induced hypomania, but not nearly as enjoyable.

There is a definite degree of cross tolerance with gabapentin but virtually none with benzodiazepines (at most doses).

I never liked phenibut but have a phenibut I'm actively kicking (down to 2g/night), which stems from a prior pregabalin habit.

Yeah I've read it's a Gabapentinoid, so I guess that'd make sense it's more like Gabapentin. I've read some people found no real cross tolerance because they work on different parts of the brain. I generally take 600-900mg Gabapentin so I don't take massive amounts in staggers like most people. Once I get past 1200mg which i've done a few times, my energy just dies. 900mg is like a stimulating nice feeling for me, but it fucked me up beyond belief the first time I took it. I felt like I was drunk but not drunk. It was hard to walk, but I was able to play it off around my relatives, very carefully. It was a good time either way, almost had an opioid like nod to it, though I'd taken some kratom before that.

did you find preg to be more potent than phenny, negro?

Better off taking 1,500mgs in one shot, and on an empty stomach and then eat something a couple hours later. The first time i take Phenibut this way after a long break it feels very euphoric obviously with similarities to other drugs in its class like Lyrica/Nuerontin but unlike those it gives me this sorta glow that is reminiscent of MDMA but its not like that for everyone. But this is only for the first time back and it could take month or more to have it hit that way again. But even so its still good when you use it once a week after that but that first time is a banger.

Would not go above 2 grams in a day cuz it will give you the spins hardcore and you will be hungover the next morning. Its a really good drug tho, i love it. Just buy the powder for now on and OOO gel caps. If you stuff one of those with crystals you can get a substantial amount in there and one will be suffient. The tubs usually come with a small scoop in them as well which topped off measures out 500mgs pretty well.

I've definitely felt an MDMA like high from staggered Gabapentin, so maybe I would from this. So you're suggesting buy the crystals and just put em in gel caps? I might not buy any more after this, it really depends. Was just a one off like "hey, let's try this"

Tossing and washing Phenibut is real easy. It tastes like vitamin C. I don't wash, I hold it in my mouth hoping for some sublingual. Nasal and anal are much more potent, but hurt like a MF. So, I hope for a bit of sublingual.

Id advise against holding the HCL in your mouth like that cuz its very acidic and could fuck up your teeth. But there is a version called Phenibut Free Amino Acid that is meant to be taken sublingually and works very well in that manner. Its more expensive but it does work faster in that regard. But for whatever reason i find sporadic dosing of Phenibut HCL orally to be more recreational.

If you want to know the pharmacology of phenibut you can google Baclofen.

They are almost identical in properties and effects. That way you will know exactly what you are taking.

Id advise against holding the HCL in your mouth like that cuz its very acidic and could fuck up your teeth. But there is a version called Phenibut Free Amino Acid that is meant to be taken sublingually and works very well in that manner. Its more expensive but it does work faster in that regard. But for whatever reason i find sporadic dosing of Phenibut HCL orally to be more recreational.
It's worse snorted... umm... I've heard.

Thankfully, I haven't done a ton of it. Hopefully won't get the "Mountain Dew mouth".

Phenibut is NOT like Gabapentin lol…..yes, they’re both gabapentinoids but that it.

Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist (like Baclofen) and contains a Phenylethylamine skeletal structure due to its Phenyl ring . It has dopaminergic properties as well as anxiolytic, and yes like Pregabalin & Gabapentin, they share a similar mechanism of action via a2-VDCC.

Phenibut 300mg capsules are very useful because you can customize your dose like 5 capsules is 1.5 grams of Phenibut (a solid dose for a new user, although 900mg would suffice)

I take 2 grams in morning, then a 500mg booster for hours later

Phenibut take a full 3 hours for a noticeable onset, and near peak serum levels, which will last all day 12 hours +, often a pleasant subtle afterglow the next day. My daily Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is more euphoric after Phenibut due to its dopaminergic properties

Phenibut is best used as needed, weekends / parties / social settings / work presentations, dates, etc. Take 1 to 3 grams 3 hours prior to engagement or in morning with breakfast in glass of orange juice (very sour)

Phenibut is also great in an oral cocktail with amphetamine (Dexedrine / Ritalin), low-dose benzodiazepine, *Opioids (huge one lol) and Cannabis….even LSD I love to add Phenibut.

Amazing drug. Just use sparingly and on special occasions. Taking daily or 3-4 times a week will lead to reduced benefits, dependency and horrific withdrawal symptoms.

Be smart and use as a special tool for special occasions.

Have fun :)

Thanks for the advice. It arrives in the mail tomorrow.
So it works on Gaba-A, but Valium on Gaba-B. Will I have to take a higher dose if I take 15mg Valium a day?
The delayed onset is similar to Gabapentin which peaks at like 2.5 to 3 hours. Though I think I've felt it sooner. When I was first prescribed it, 100mg in the morning I would feel within 30 minutes. Empty stomach makes it work faster definitely, but better absorbed with food.
Ah, so that's what the FAA is. Maybe one day I'd try it.

If you want to know the pharmacology of phenibut you can google Baclofen.

They are almost identical in properties and effects. That way you will know exactly what you are taking.
So erowid classifies them differently, it says phenibut is a nootropic and anxiety med. Baclofen is classified as muscle relaxer and "antispastic." Still, I trust you. I was going to chain this in my last message but for some reason I couldn't.

Anyway, would combining it with Gabapentin or Valium be a bad idea? I just wanna try and have a good time tomorrow. I don't intend to use this often at all, I've heard the hellish stories. Maybe I wouldn't even need the Gabapentin. I'll wait at least 3-4 hours after eating to take it. I assume empty stomach is best but food just delays the onset? That's how it is with most drugs it seems. I've had strong mushroom trips not long after eating and I remember friends in high school recommended putting them on pizza because it worked really well for them that way.

Also for anyone who's taken Baclofen and Phenny, do they feel pretty much the same, do you like one more than the other?
I've seen some conflicting info online about good dose, some people are like "oh you need 3g" but Idk, I think I'll just start with 1g, or just 900mg (3 caps).

Last edited:
So erowid classifies them differently, it says phenibut is a nootropic and anxiety med. Baclofen is classified as muscle relaxer and "antispastic." Still, I trust you. I was going to chain this in my last message but for some reason I couldn't.

Anyway, would combining it with Gabapentin or Valium be a bad idea? I just wanna try and have a good time tomorrow. I don't intend to use this often at all, I've heard the hellish stories. Maybe I wouldn't even need the Gabapentin. I'll wait at least 3-4 hours after eating to take it. I assume empty stomach is best but food just delays the onset? That's how it is with most drugs it seems. I've had strong mushroom trips not long after eating and I remember friends in high school recommended putting them on pizza because it worked really well for them that way.

Also for anyone who's taken Baclofen and Phenny, do they feel pretty much the same, do you like one more than the other?
I've seen some conflicting info online about good dose, some people are like "oh you need 3g" but Idk, I think I'll just start with 1g, or just 900mg (3 caps).

I was prescribed Baclofen for a while for TMJ and related issues. I absolutely hated it.
It was OK at first, seemed like a not particularly euphoric sedative. But I had to work up to a fairly large dose a day.
It felt like I had been on a three day bender all the time, just that sour, drunky feeling. I fell asleep after eating at lunch because I was sitting. I sang loudly to myself during my 1/2 hour commute home so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel.

It's possible that having to stay on it all the time colored my reaction to it. However, years later I tried taking Gabapentin and, although I also didn't continue due to the grogginess, I did find it more pleasant.

I enjoy Gabapentin for a buzz occasionally. It's a shame I didn't save any Baclofen to see if it was better occasionally, recreationally. I do suspect not.

Last edited:
I was prescribed Baclofen for a while for TMJ and related issues. I absolutely hated it.
It was OK at first, seemed like a not particularly euphoric sedative. But I had to work up to a fairly large dose a day.
It felt like I had been on a three day bender all the time, just that sour, drunky feeling. I fell asleep after eating at lunch because I was sitting. I sang loudly to myself during my 1/2 commute home so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel.

It's possible that having to stay on it all the time colored my reaction to it. However, years later I tried taking Gabapentin and, although I also didn't continue due to the grogginess, I did find it more pleasant.

I enjoy Gabapentin for a buzz occasionally. It's a shame I didn't save any Baclofen to see if it was better occasionally, recreationally. I do suspect not.
I tried this stuff once and ate around 1.2 grams in capsules and it did really nothing for me. I slept good but that might have been coincidental

I've read some people have fine results taking it with food. I'll be taking it in around 3 hours, just ate, nothing too heavy. I'm seeing mixed results but then again body chemistries differ. It seems to take at least 2 hours for most people. I'm seeing things about hangovers, which I hate and is a big reason I quit drinking ~3 years ago. I'd planned to take 3 capsules, I'm staggering Gabapentin up to 900mg (my prescribed dose at the moment) for the next hour, I don't expect much interaction.

Valium I'll end up taking around the same time and would surely feel first. Maybe I should just try 600mg instead given these work on the same receptors. I just want to feel pretty good, not outrageously high or anything. Probably a better idea to get my toes wet before I get knee deep. Some people seem to take up to 2g and consider that a "recreational dose" but I don't know if I'd ever want to.

Alright well, too late, 900mg down the gullet. PsychonautWiki listed 1g as being in the light dose range, so I said screw it. I wouldn't want to get little effect and then want to try it again tomorrow or something because I don't want to build any type of tolerance that fast let alone use it much at all. This is all just an experiment. I know THC will always be my favorite substance.

I'm really only worried it could give me more of a headache but that's it, really. No clue what to expect, I imagine I'll start feeling it around midnight, 1am. No clue what it'll make me feel, somewhere between gabapentin and valium? Extremely euphoric then tired? We shall see.

so, 2.5 hours after taking the 3 capsules and I don't really feel anything. I'm guessing my use of Valium which works on Gaba-B as well could be a reason why, or it just takes awhile to really have an effect. If I don't feel much at least I have a better idea of what dose to try next time, probably add an extra and do 1200mg, or 1500mg? The latter sounds like it'd probably be better, but we'll see how I feel in a little while. I took it 3.5 hours after a small meal, baked potato, a bit of chicken and a small salad.

I guess maybe I feel a bit drowsy, but I took skullcap, valerian, valium, benadryl (for allergies), and passionflower.
Took 1 more capsule, some people seem to like a stagger and feel it can work better that way similar to Gabapentin. Perhaps that's a good way to take it, anyone else?

Update: noticing brain fog, so it's doing something. It seems I definitely would need to take a higher dose. I'll consider it tomorrow. Would anyone happen to know if magnesium depletes bioavailability of this like it does for Gabapentin/Lyrica?

Last edited:
so, 2.5 hours after taking the 3 capsules and I don't really feel anything. I'm guessing my use of Valium which works on Gaba-B as well could be a reason why, or it just takes awhile to really have an effect. If I don't feel much at least I have a better idea of what dose to try next time, probably add an extra and do 1200mg, or 1500mg? The latter sounds like it'd probably be better, but we'll see how I feel in a little while. I took it 3.5 hours after a small meal, baked potato, a bit of chicken and a small salad.

I guess maybe I feel a bit drowsy, but I took skullcap, valerian, valium, benadryl (for allergies), and passionflower.
Took 1 more capsule, some people seem to like a stagger and feel it can work better that way similar to Gabapentin. Perhaps that's a good way to take it, anyone else?

Update: noticing brain fog, so it's doing something. It seems I definitely would need to take a higher dose. I'll consider it tomorrow. Would anyone happen to know if magnesium depletes bioavailability of this like it does for Gabapentin/Lyrica?
No I took the exact same as you and im 115Kg and 1.8 meters tall. It literally did nothing to me and I felt a little more relaxed and did get good sleep but this all could be placebo. I don't know cause I also regularly take Xanax so I have a bento tolerance

So it works on Gaba-A, but Valium on Gaba-B.
Valium works on Gaba-a and phenibut works on gaba-b. I started off with 1 gram, then 1.5g, then eventually 2g. 2g appeared to be my safe zone. 2.5-3g felt like too much. Everyone's different that's just how it affected me. If you took 3 300mg caps, that's less than a gram. I would take 4-5 caps next time. It can be a subtle drug too.

I primarily take F-Phenibut these days it's been more useful for me.