• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks swerlz. I guess that rule that out. Except for the expansion/contraction of the piperidine on PCP. has that been done?

PS, Fent Liquordale, lol Definitely is that. I walked down oakland park blvd in broad daylight to go to the beach from my friends house and we counted witnessing three different drug deals during a 30 minute walk.

you actually inspired me to come up with a cute name for my location

Last edited:
Thanks swerlz. I guess that rule that out. Except for the expansion/contraction of the piperidine on PCP. has that been done?

Rolicyclidine (where PCP's piperidine has been contracted to a pyrrolidine) has been claimed to be more sedating rather than stimulating and is somewhat weaker than PCP, but still close enough to its big brother that it was placed in Schedule I (i.e. banned) back in the 70's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolicyclidine

1-(1-adamantylcyclohexyl)piperidine.png

adamantylpiperidine.png

NSFW:

ihave.jpg

Dumb newbie question: how do I upload a jpeg image from my hard drive? These don't have urls to my knowledge. Other boards let you do this with no sweat.

I have a number of jpeg files that I created with my ChemDraw 17. The one I'd like to upload & discuss relates to the binary formation of VX nerve gas & how it was used by those 2 women who assassinated Kim Jung-un's brother recently.

Last edited:
Dumb newbie question: how do I upload a jpeg image from my hard drive? These don't have urls to my knowledge. Other boards let you do this with no sweat.

the only thing i hate about Bluelight is the image thing. You have to create an image shack account. upload your image there then paste the url into to photo button when you make a Bluelight post

Thanks. I'll have to check that out. But I am on a board with pretty much the same software & there is no problem uploading a jpeg from My Documents in Windows 7. Isn't there an option to allow this that the list owner can switch on?

No, cf. PCP or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolicyclidine

However, smaller rings than pyrrolidines may pose problems - for example aziridine is likely to be mutagenic and azetidine may also be toxic. I don't know about N-alkylketamine (tertiary amine) type compounds, can't find info easily. Dimetamine would be an example of such an ACHA.

Takes a lot of steps to get those 3 iodos in the 3,4,5 positions. Unattractive from both the economics as well as logistics (read lab) POVs. Probably looking at solubility problems also.

FWIW, 1,2,3-triiodobenzene appears to be commercially available so steric issues may not be as much of a problem as I had thought.

Last edited:
I signed up with Image Shack last night but they still haven't sent me a verification email. I did send inquiry about that & did receive a response but so far no luck. My email server is going down for main this weekend so I may have to wait.

There has to be an easier way to do this. The debate Politics board lets you upload direct from your MyDocuments in Windows 7.

Jack

330px-Deutetrabenazine.svg.png

Deutetrabenazine, the 1st deuterated pharmaceutical approved by the FDA.

Why not deuterated RC's? The increased "weight" of the deuterium can reduce metabolic lability by decreasing reaction rates, meaning longer half life and better BA.

rfhG2We.png

PS imageshack sucks. Use imgur :)

I got their email & they wanted $$$. Better free alternative is postimage. I'll post some of the structures I created using my new ChemDraw Professional 17.

Meptazinol.jpg

I tried IMGUR & could not upload the structure. Only free postimage works for me. See example:

QL_to_VX.jpg

A one-step synthesis of this endogenous cannabanoid. Easy water wash workup. Thought vaping this stuff in a water aerosol might work for administration, it being a lipid & the lining of the lungs having lipid membranes.

Anandamide_synthesis.jpg

Last edited:
18_MC.jpg

I modified the program's structure for ibogaine to get this. Too much work to start from scratch when you don't have to! Shorthand for this molecule is 18-MC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.