• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I caught genital warts how is this gonna affect my future relationahips?

No one ever said you shouldn't be concerned. Use a condom, and you'll be fine. If you have unprotected sex, get tested. If you catch something, get treated. There's no cause for hysteria.

It would be good for you to stop claiming that Hep B and HIV/AIDS are the only dangerous STIs tho... maybe not tell your kids that, because it's not true.
ALso condoms are not sufficient protection from Herpes, they help but you can still catch it wearing a perfectly good condom.
www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm

And maybe you should listen to people more experienced than yourself…you're getting all of your education from .gov's and health class…you'll find a lot more useful info from real people.

What so WebMD, scientific journals, and the medical doctor who came to speak to my school about STI's don't know as much as "real people"?
You know, many "real people" who have HIV don't even know it because there are no symptoms usually until they contract an illness their body can't fight off.
You might want to listen to people with college degrees and scientific evidence, and not people who don't know what they're talking about.

Are you in high school? Come back and talk to me in 20 years.

I'm 20.
does being like 40 make you right about everything?
BTW, where are YOUR sources? I've been citing all of my sources to reputable journals online, and you're just saying shit.

Not too many people seem to have a clue about this go to a sexual health clinic and ask for a copy of the little red book all you need to know

Pretty much everyone who's sexually active has at the very least been exposed to one or more strains of HPV. (Which is why insurance generally only covers the vaccine if you're under a certain age, and HPV testing is not included in most STI panels.) Only a few strains cause cancer, and most HPV infections are asymptomatic and clear on their own. Disclosure is always good, but anyone who's concerned about contracting HPV really ought to get vaccinated for it.

Last edited:
I see this thread has been bumped. Between all posts the only thing I didn't see mentioned is the stigma. True, HPV can cause cervical cancer in women, and any risk warrants caution. However, the biggest problem with HPV is a combination of people being uneducated, and the stigma that surrounds it.

Most people will run for the hills when you tell them you have an STI history or current infection. Unfortunate that 80-90% of those who run already have HPV and don't even know it; possibly throwing away a potential match while inadvertently becoming hypocrites.

The advice I would give my own son or daughter is to assume that EVERYONE already has HPV. Condoms, which are like the kingsguard against STIs, are near useless in protection from the infection. Never rely on someone to tell you their STI history. It is up to YOU to ask the questions and examine the genital area for yourself to see if they truly are asymptomatic. If they have no symptoms, still best use a condom until after confirmed testing for the big bad STIs.

well in that case you can tell your partner about it , if someone is understanding then i think it should be OK with it , tell your partner only if you have trust , mean while you can try some warts removals online or go for surgery and get rid of them .
hope it works for you
All the best

Last edited:
I got them from my grad school girlfriend even though we were having protected sex. I got them frozen off, never saw them again. Had unprotected sex with my ex wife 11 of the 13 years we were married and had unprotected sex with an ex girlfriend of about a year. No problem.