• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I caught genital warts how is this gonna affect my future relationahips?

In males it is hard to test for, without there being symptoms. I don't think there is a standard way to do it. In females it may come up as an "abnormal" pap smear, "dysplasia"...

What kind of test did they do on you?

Edit: I guess they can do a more extensive test in women after an abnormal pap result, to identify HPV.

And this may be interesting on the subject of prevalence of HPV-

http://m.cdc.gov/en/HealthSafetyTopics/DiseasesConditions/STDs/genitalHPV_FS

"HPV is so common that nearly all sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives. There are many different types of HPV. Some types can cause health problems including genital warts and cancers. But there are vaccines that can stop these health problems from happening."

Last edited:
Again this is almost something one can consider unavoidable with multiple partners. People can be carriers and never show anything. The condom doesnt cover the scrotum. The scrotom can shed cells. Thighs. Cells can be above the shaft.

NSFW:
genital-warts-44.jpg

They are a (high) chance occurrence for sexually active people.

It's why the only option is abstinence or accepting that likelihood.

There's even possibility that it can be spread genital to hand to mouth, or mouth to mouth. But I imagine those routes are less likely. No idea.

Last edited:
Tell people you have it before any sexual encounter. Treat it. Look for someone else who may have it so that it won't be a barrier for them.

Sorry to hear about this. One of my biggest fears is STDs

In males it is hard to test for, without there being symptoms. I don't think there is a standard way to do it. In females it may come up as an "abnormal" pap smear, "dysplasia"...

What kind of test did they do on you?

Edit: I guess they can do a more extensive test in women after an abnormal pap result, to identify HPV.

And this may be interesting on the subject of prevalence of HPV-

http://m.cdc.gov/en/HealthSafetyTopics/DiseasesConditions/STDs/genitalHPV_FS

"HPV is so common that nearly all sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives. There are many different types of HPV. Some types can cause health problems including genital warts and cancers. But there are vaccines that can stop these health problems from happening."

This was back 10 years ago at PP where they still did a urine collection + Q-tip swab in the old peehole but those were for other STD's since the printout I got didn't even have HPV. I was just told that I had no symptoms so monitor it and talk to my primary care dr. about it. Basically they never even tested me for it but instead checked for other STD's.

If you are talking about hpv I think about 80% of people who have sex have it.

Males usually show no symptoms or have any problems. It can cause cervical cancer in women.

In general it is nbd. I wouldn't even bother talking about it because everyone who has sex on a regular basis has it.

get treatment and stop having sex.
you dont want to spread it, even with condoms there is still a risk.

Are you certain that it's genital warts caused by HPV? The symptoms of Molluscum are very similar in appearance and is often confused as genital warts, this may be worth looking into.. as far as i know once all the bumps from molluscum disappear they will not re-appear and can no longer be spread, this might provide some relief concerning future relationships.

I don't think yall know what you are talking about with HPV.

Everyone has it.

There is a small chance it causes cervical cancer in women.

I repeat, everyone who has on a regular basis has it. It is not like it is herpes, hep c, or hiv.

Totally agree^- I went into a years long depression over it. When it came to sex, and relationships, I'd become defeated.

Honestly, most people I told were fine with it. They were still willing to be with me. But they all wanted a relationship. That seemed to be what made it okay.

One girl even took me into her mouth when I had scabs from treatment. Insisted. She visited from another state. Maybe it helped that she thought I may be her returned "God" (long story).

Kind of gross. Scabs were gone after.

Another I told I had them, I think she was more turned off by my self defeated attitude over it than anything. She still wanted to fuck me, and I wouldnt do it, out of some sense of being the hero, and/or guilt avoidance.

Most girls I know have been far less uptight about gross disease sex stuff, than I was.

Last edited:
My experience with genital warts was not a bad one at all. After going to a sexual health clinic when I was 20 I was told that I had genital warts. Even the sound of the "condition" made my skin crawl. I had never had unprotected sex and was so devastated that I had been diagnosed with such an awful sounding phrase. I got treatment which involved burning the little bastard off and a cream to help with any smaller ones.

That was now 7 years ago and I have never seen an occurrence since. I have had a boyfriend now for the last five years and the little buggers have never reared their ugly faces on me or (thankfully) my boyfriend since then. This sounds awful, and I know I am going to get backlash from this but I never told anyone about having genital warts, (except for my current long term boyfriend).

One of my reasons for not doing so was because I researched the "topic" in an extensive amount of detail after I found out. Turns out (according to several articles in the British Medical Council, BMI, and NHS) a third of us carry the actual carry the virus, (a strain of HPV virus) but not all carriers will ever show physical symptoms of having the genital warts. Even though they can be pretty gross to look at they do not pose a serious risk to health nor lead to a complication in later life.

My answer to your question about whether or not you should tell all of your sexual partners is very much up to yourself. If you are looking for a long time relationship then, yes, you are obviously going to have to tell them sooner rather than later. But, if you are just on one of "those" nights out where things get kinky with a random person you just met, then , to be honest I wouldn't bother because you probably won't be the only man (out of three) that has passed on the such an infamous virus.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I won't be considering it a big deal. I feel my personality is good enough to make any potential long term relationship partner over look it and if not oh well. Any more insight tho would be appreciated.

Hep B and HIV are really the only dangerous STI's, and they're easily preventable (without abstinence). I'm not saying people shouldn't be aware, or shouldn't be extremely careful, but in most cases, the stigma is much worse than the disease. I think the psychological damage that people suffer due to the stigma of STI's is completely out-of-proportion to the actual threat.

Hep C is dangerous, people die from that
and Syphilis can cause psychiatric problems if untreated for a long time

Hep B and HIV are really the only dangerous STI's, and they're easily preventable (without abstinence). I'm not saying people shouldn't be aware, or shouldn't be extremely careful, but in most cases, the stigma is much worse than the disease. I think the psychological damage that people suffer due to the stigma of STI's is completely out-of-proportion to the actual threat.

I agree. If you have lots of partners chances are you will be exposed to common STIs like warts/herpes. Which are only a big deal because so many people (look at posters in this thread) are fucking terrified of benign skin conditions. Telling casual partners is kind of stupid because chances are if she rejects you, one of the next couple guys she bangs probably has something too, but just doesn't know it or doesn't tell. Or maybe she has it too and doesn't know.

Chlamydia can be fatal if untreated, and also is one of the most common causes of blindness
Syphilis can cause psychiatric problems and heart problems. Untreated syphilis in pregnant women results in infant death in up to 40 percent of cases.
Gonorrhea can result in septic arthritis, meningitis, and endocarditis.
Trichomoniasis (one of the most common) can cause complications in pregnancy including premature birth

I know people who have HPV, the one guy got it from a woman and the other three men got it from having anal sex with a male partner who had it. They all told me about how they have it; but they have this attitude about it and don't tell other people who they have sex with which isn't cool:

If you are talking about hpv I think about 80% of people who have sex have it.

Males usually show no symptoms or have any problems. It can cause cervical cancer in women.

In general it is nbd. I wouldn't even bother talking about it because everyone who has sex on a regular basis has it.

I'm pretty sure they've found that Hep C isn't transmittable through sex…people generally catch it by sharing needles or blood transfusions. Any untreated disease is gonna cause greater damage. That's beside the point imo.
I've heard of people getting Hep C from sex but it involved unprotected anal sex, rimming, or sex where someone bled. But the majority of people who are infected get it from sharing needles or blood transfusions.

Chlamydia can be fatal if untreated, and also is one of the most common causes of blindness
Syphilis can cause psychiatric problems and heart problems. Untreated syphilis in pregnant women results in infant death in up to 40 percent of cases.
Gonorrhea can result in septic arthritis, meningitis, and endocarditis.
Trichomoniasis (one of the most common) can cause complications in pregnancy including premature birth

and also obviously HIV/AIDS is another reason to be concerned about STI's, this disease usually carries no symptoms for up to years on end and is normally a death sentence.

If you're wondering why young people are so concerned about STI's, it's because in Health class in high schools they teach you this shit.