• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I caught genital warts how is this gonna affect my future relationahips?

BornAgainYogi

Bluelighter
I'm being cool about this and realize it's not too uncommon or anything but worried about sexual encounters in the future. One night stands and also LTR wise I don't know the best way to deal with it exactly. Should I tell all sexual partners or only those I want to purse something with? Is it a deal breaker for any of you women if your man tells you he had genital warts in the past? This question is geared towards those with experience with std's and relationships but anyone is free to chime in :)

You should definitely tell all sexual partners before any sexual act is initiated and preferably you should tell your partners before they have a chance to become romantically attached to you. Any kind of STI is a major deal breaker for me; you may be able to connect with some females who already have a positive diagnose though. Good luck.

i know its fucked up to laugh at this but just the way you worded the title gave me a good chuckle...

but yea i cant imagine its gona do anything positive for future sexual encounters...

well since the last two posters were do depressing; let me bring some light into your situation and say that I do believe genital warts/HPV is the most common STD out there? so at the very least you should have heaps of potential sexual prospects whom are also infected

^ yep..

What is HPV?
HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). HPV is a different virus than HIV and HSV (herpes). HPV is so common that nearly all sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives. There are many different types of HPV. Some types can cause health problems including genital warts and cancers. But there are vaccines that can stop these health problems from happening.
How is HPV spread?
You can get HPV by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the virus. It is most commonly spread during vaginal or anal sex. HPV can be passed even when an infected person has no signs or symptoms.
Anyone who is sexually active can get HPV, even if you have had sex with only one person. You also can develop symptoms years after you have sex with someone who is infected making it hard to know when you first became infected.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

great part of being a man is you usually only carry hpv and never become symptomatic

great part about being a woman is you can get vaccinated .... before you become a whore

well since the last two posters were do depressing
I don't see how telling OP that they have to inform potential partners is being depressing? If you think that having genital warts isn't going to affect their sex life then you're clearly deluded.

Most common STIs vary by region, in Australia chlamydia is the most common.

MissVL do you consider yourself an open minded person or more conservative? Curious because I figured most open minded women won't see it as a big issue.

I consider myself and open minded person especially in terms of my sex life; I have tried and enjoyed many acts that others would consider taboo.
I have nothing against you personally and meant no offense in my comments however I can't change how I feel about the matter.
Many women may well be okay with it but there will also be many that won't be, it depends on the individual.

It may have ruined my chance to get with someone I really wanted. I held back with her when I wanted to just go with every feeling. The kind I had (the virus still with) was diagnosed as non harmful. Not a big risk for cancer. My ex gave it to me and basically blamed me for it, when by the time I got them the only possible partner that I got them from was her/she had more recent sexual partners before me.

I don't mean to rant. She attacked me months after we broke up, after I had moved on, and basically gave me something to remember her by. I remember feeling them come in. People say you can't but I remember tingling or stinging while at work prior to her saying.

-I know it seems like I have a grudge against her for it... But the main thing I have against her is that she assumed I was the vector and blamed me-

Hmm.

Then one girl told me she wished I had not told her about it. So honestly it is confusing what to say about this. And it isn't as if she was "dirty" or anything. But the telling about it was a big turn off. She told me some things I should keep to myself.

Considering what neversickanymore said, I assume most sexually active people have some form of it, and it remains asymptomatic... It is kind of unfair having awareness and being rejected based on on this, when the one rejecting probably has some form of it too.

But yea, it's tricky.

I no longer have symptoms. Haven't for like 5 years. Smoking makes it more likely you'll show lesions, and makes the risk for high risk types greater. I quit smoking.

It fucked me up for years. Considering how much of a non problem it is unless you are immunocompromised... The grief doesn't seem worth it. I mean condoms don't even prevent it. And I'm pretty sure giving head and receiving are also routes of transmission, and who uses condoms/dental dams for that? Maybe a good idea, though.

Quit smoking. Eat healthy. Lots of vitamin C, E, D, etc... Life is short. Something's gonna kill you eventually, and it probably won't be HPV.

Last edited:
But this is one reason I believe abstinence is a good thing to start. You just can't prevent it really if you are going to be active, unless your multiple sexual encounters are going to be like playing that game- 'Operation', and you want to wear a body condom.

The virus exists not just on the shaft, or a specific-small area in women. It can exist all around the area. Not just what is covered with a condom.

It can cause issues with women... Which is why they now have vaccines for it (but those may also carry risk). It kind of feels like damned if you do and damned if you don't. I guess it is up to you, ultimately.

Again... Body condom or total abstinence before marriage ;).

Last edited:
Yeah, you'll be okay… A friend of mine had them. She said 1 in 3 have them…

absoulutely, find an std dating site or something why the fuck would you willingly deprave yourself of a basic neccessity for life?

Unfortunately, you are probably going to have trouble picking women up for one night stands, casual encounters etc. The good news is that long term relationships built upon trust aren't off of the table, as there ARE many women out there that will be willing to over look the STD if you are a really awesome, honest and committed guy. You may be able to find short term sexual relationships but it will be tough.

Alas, all fun things must come to an end :)

(PS, lie about it and it will come back to bite you in ass eventually)

Last edited:
To the OP,

How long have you had them? If it's only been a short time, then you have a 90% percent chance of becoming asymptomatic with no treatment at all. However, if it's been a year or more, you are unluckily part of the 10% whose immune system is not able to clear them. Don't feel too bad about it, at LEAST 90% of sexually active women have or have had them at some point--they're just not telling you about it.

One night stands will be harder.
But make sure you let EVERY potential partner know right away.

HPV/genital warts is a weird one because I was told at Planned parenthood that they can't even test for HPV or it's just unreliable? I was hooking up with this girl and our mutual friend cleaned the house of this girl's other sexual partner and found stuff used for genital warts so I freaked out and got tested but nothing came up even though I was apparently exposed to HPV in some way.