• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paraphernalia I boiled my pipe and it cracked and….

You know what time it is 💥

comedy central GIF by Drunk History
Jk don’t boof that shit 🤣🤣🤣

Pipe resin scraped out of a bowl can often be worth smoking.
Out of the bowl.
Resin from anywhere else in the pipe, even collected from right below the smoking chamber has way less THC.
Yeah, it will get you high in a pinch. It will also give you a headache if you smoke much more than a couple hits. If you're a habitual smoker at all, it sucks because you end up with a headache instead of being high. You feel worse instead of relieved.

If you really want to use it up, the headache it causes is generally alleviated by actual pot. So, some people will put a little resin in a bowl when their supply is low.
It also gives less of a headache orally, as has been mentioned. I used to roll pipe resin up in a ball and swallow it like a pill. Again, only if I had actual pot to smoke as well.

But anyway, yeah, that shit ain't no good.

People are still smoking resin in 2023?? Please toss it in garbage.

Prolly has small amount of THC amd likely CBN, but I would rather smoke brick weed.

Pipe resin scraped out of a bowl can often be worth smoking.
Out of the bowl.
Resin from anywhere else in the pipe, even collected from right below the smoking chamber has way less THC.
Yes, the resin on the outside of the bowl where you pack the weed is worth smoking. It has a bunch of THC compacted into it. You can heat up a knife and scrape that off. Worth smoking, doesn't taste relatively that bad either.

But the tar on the inside of the pipe is awful.

Eating it could be a better option.
When I was like 15 me and a buddy boiled a pipe to clean it. We then had the genius idea to use the resin water to cook some macaroni and cheese, thinking it would get us high.

It was absolutely disgusting and we became violently nauseous for hours. Puked a few times.

Did not get high :facepalm:

Don't put that stuff in your lungs, or any part of your body.

To me that would be hard to do but I betcha it’ll work

You can get around the taste entirely that way by rolling into a pill-like ball or even gel-capping it.

it's probably like marijuana so you'd need some type of fat for it to stick to like butter or something? sounds really gross. resin doesn't taste good, imo. i can't imagine mixing it with butter or whatever else. can't be easy on the stomach either if you are lucky enough to be able to keep it down. yuck.

i'd really like to see resin tested for THC content and whatever else in a study. i always wondered if it was a placebo or what. if i had to guess i'd say it has a little something in it.

I think you feel the taste less if you swallow it.

I don't think fat is a necessity. Can't hurt having some food with it though just to be sure.

As said i haven't tried, just an idea.

When I was like 15 me and a buddy boiled a pipe to clean it. We then had the genius idea to use the resin water to cook some macaroni and cheese, thinking it would get us high.

It was absolutely disgusting and we became violently nauseous for hours. Puked a few times.

Did not get high :facepalm:

Don't put that stuff in your lungs, or any part of your body.

Holy fuck haha that sounds nasty

Generally i don't think bud goes in any food or candy really. Burnt resin sounds way worse :D

Good harm reduction anecdote. Do you think it was the taste that set off the puke or actual toxins?

Yea that water had all the nastiness with none of the water insoluble goodies. I’m sure one would get sick from the leftover water making cannabutter too.

The stuff on the inside of the bowl is often like an overly heated hash and as said is probably the best spot to start. The resin immediately under the bowl can sometimes be ok too if lots of weed particles tend to get sucked through.

Generally one doesn’t smoke any of it until they are as desperate as it gets. I used to smoke it often cuz I was poor and a fiend. I’d try to mix it with cannabis to reduce the stoned feel. I think it’s been at least 5+yrs since I’ve had any.

Thinking back actually last time was 5yrs ago, had travelled for work and miscalculated what to bring. I remember the last night I was there smoking resin and hating myself for forgetting the nice concentrates I had left home.

-GC

Yea that water had all the nastiness with none of the water insoluble goodies. I’m sure one would get sick from the leftover water making cannabutter too.

The stuff on the inside of the bowl is often like an overly heated hash and as said is probably the best spot to start. The resin immediately under the bowl can sometimes be ok too if lots of weed particles tend to get sucked through.

Generally one doesn’t smoke any of it until they are as desperate as it gets. I used to smoke it often cuz I was poor and a fiend. I’d try to mix it with cannabis to reduce the stoned feel. I think it’s been at least 5+yrs since I’ve had any.

Thinking back actually last time was 5yrs ago, had travelled for work and miscalculated what to bring. I remember the last night I was there smoking resin and hating myself for forgetting the nice concentrates I had left home.

-GC
“Generally one doesn’t smoke any of it until they are as desperate as it gets”

^^^^This is exactly what I thought when trying that piece,I tossed it last night,,I’d rather smoke bud and all I keep thinking of is stinking up my new pipe with that shit 😬

i used to smoke resin as a teen. when i started getting enough money to have weed all the time i stopped though, if that says anything about how good it is.

it never gave me a headache and to say it's as good as hash is probably a long shot imo, but it's a buzz some what.

Same here, me and my friends did that as desperate marijuana addicts but once i got older i never fucked with it again just threw it all away you know. Dont even smoke Weed anymore but my girlfriend does, and i mean heavy. But i get it her at such a cheap price she wouldnt need to scrap bowls.

Cannabis has dropped price in the US drastically now, im not sure how much it is in other parts of the world. She can get high all day long for five bucks...and as far as the pipe breaking id be concerned about glass being in that resin personally. Wouldnt wanna inhale any of that yeah know.

It'll be weak but well decarbed, so stick it in a piece of chocolate or cheese and eat it, I do that all the time cleaning my pipes, hash, flower or opium all leave an edible residue that works best if eaten. Unless you might have broken glass in it, made that mistake before only once.

Resin is perfectly fine to smoke..some prefer it over flower believe it or not.

If u have been smoking a half O of fire that you personnally think is the best smoke u have ever had...the resin will be damn good too. Of course if it was regs or some shit it won't be as good as far as resin goes.

But to prefer to be sober over smoking a huge pile or glob of resin is just not 420 stoner enough for me, take a damn tylenol or something if one is worried off a headache good lord.. btw I have never gotten one myself after resin sesh

It's tar resin. It tastes so nasty.
I used to smoke resin. But weed is more widely consumed now.
It's what you do when you can't get any weed. However, like I said, it's easy to get a bag of fresh bud.

It has a bunch of residue inside it that any good to smoke of should I just toss it ?

👀👀

As someone has already said, using hot or boiling water to clean your pipe was the mistake that led to this problem. My friend used to use some chemical made specifically for cleaning glass paraphernalia but I've always used 90% isopropyl alcohol. Not that 70% shit. Rubbing alcohol, kosher and/or non-iodized table salt, q-tips, and pipe cleaners are all you should need to clean a spoon pipe. Kosher salt is like rock salt in that it has larger particles than basic table salt. Actual rock salt would be too big, though.
  1. Just get a quart sized ziplock baggie, put the pipe inside, and fill it with the alcohol until the pipe is completely submerged.
  2. Pour some kosher salt and table salt in, twist the bag tightly, and shake vigorously like shake n bake. You want to twist the bag instead of just zipping it shut because if you don't twist, it will leak.
  3. Once you shake for several minutes, the pipe will be mostly clean and the liquid will look brown and gooey.
  4. Get some q-tips, dip the end in alcohol, and use them to clean the crust out of the bowl and as far as you can reach inside the pipe. This takes a little patience but the q-tips will clean every part they can reach. Just takes a little rubbing.
  5. Once you've friction-cleaned as much as you can with q-tips, use the pipe cleaners to get to the parts the q-tips wouldn't reach. Obviously you can bend the pipe cleaners to get into the little nooks and crevices to get everything out.
  6. Once the pipe is completely clean of all residue, THEN run it under warm tap water to simply rinse it out. Should be clean as new.
  7. Another bonus piece of advice is to save the dirty alcohol in an empty bottle and once the bottle is filled, put the cap on and just toss it in the trash. You do not want to pour the dirty alcohol salt mixture into the sink as it could gum up the drain and eventually cause a clog.

I guess it depends on how broke you are, lol. As a poor starving college student, I would always, ALWAYS smoke my resin, and yes it would get me high, I would just need a lot of it. But these days? Pffft, I wouldn’t bother. I have people giving me weed for FREE. No chance.

I guess it depends on how broke you are, lol. As a poor starving college student, I would always, ALWAYS smoke my resin, and yes it would get me high, I would just need a lot of it. But these days? Pffft, I wouldn’t bother. I have people giving me weed for FREE. No chance.
Word.
Last week my lil glass 1 hitter fell victim to gravity and after seeing how much was caked in there, I was like oh my..but just threw it all away.