Husband Hiding Oxy - HELP PLEASE!!!

What if he's just selling to a person or 2 and taking the rest..me sugar coating it is just as bad as u jumping to conclusions just because 3 days had around the same count..yes u probably have more junkie wisdom than me but it doesn't mean u know the situation of everyone that touches opiates..lady ask your husband we have no fuckin clue

@sadwife. There's absolutely a possibility that's he's using 200mg / day. I am in a similar situation except that I am the one using and hiding. Hearing it from your perspective makes me feel extremely guilty and realizing how much sadness I am causing for my family.

In my situation, I'm using similar amounts - my guess would be that it's personal consumption.

How did it go when you confronted him? I'm very curious about the reaction because it almost seems identical.

Thanks For sharing. This thread really hit home for me.

Update: I chickened out and never confronted my husband. I'm not scared but I was never able to get my kids out and want to make sure the house is empty when we have this "talk". He's working from home tomorrow and the kids will be at school so I plan to do it as soon as the kids are off to school.

I will update everyone tomorrow

It's okay to chicken out and it must feel scary for you. I look at it this way: your husband has probably been using these pills for a while now but this discovery is new to you so it may take some time to gather your thoughts. Sending you a hug!

Oh honey, I was your husband just 37 days ago. My poor wife was totally blind sided by my addiction... As I was. Judging from the pattern of missing pulls, he is sustaining his addiction. Have you checked him for track marks.. Behind his elbows or ditch. He may be showing or swallowing.. Let's hope. But regardless, he's using enough to kill himself any day. I was there just a month ago. Read my thread in sober living..

Not to be overly personal, but is he able to keep it up? If not, or delayed ejaculation is a sure sign of heavy use... There are many more but that's just an obvious one. I'm very new to this sober thing, as it's my wife is with having an addict husband. Please message me if you want to talk to me or my wife. I'm sure we could help answer some questions .

Good luck, I'll be watching your thread

Also.... You need to understand that he is going to most likely lie and manipulate his way through this, trying to rationalise it. You need to prepare for this. It's new to you, but he has thought about this exact moment countless amounts of time. He will be ready to answer your questions with solid rational explanations.... It's all bull shit. I know it far too well.

I'm a hard working father of two, with my own successful business.... My wife had no idea that I had a $5-6k a month pill addiction. She had no idea. Years without a clue.. Ive been an addict 14 years.

Please prepare yourself

I was in your husbands exact situation until a year ago. Sixxam is spot on that he will have every excuse ready and minimize and rationalize the situation. I think we're all experts when it come to that .....

Just make sure you don't turn it into an argument. If you come at it from the compassion angle your less likely to get bullshitted.

So, apparently I did something wrong and my post from earlier didn't make the thread. I'll do my best to recap:

As o mentioned yesterday, I planned to confront my husband today after the kids left for school. When we woke up, I told him that I needed to talk with him after the kids left for school. He immediately got defensive and picked up his phone, telling me he just got an email saying that he need to be at the office ASAP. It was abundantly clear he was lying, what else is new? Anyway, I wasn't prepared for that but I shouldn't have given him a warning that we needed to talk.

I called his office and his assistant told me that she got an email from my husband confirming that he was working from home today - even though he told me that plans changed and he was going to the office. I have tried to call him, but he has texted back saying that he can't talk because he's dealing with a situation at work. Ugh...the lies just continue.

So, where the hell is he??? He told me that he's at work and told work that he's at home. Is there I way I can use our phones to track him? This is killing me! Is there technology that's built into our phones?

Sorry for th rant. I'm continuing to be more lost and consisted at every turn

You need to realise that these drugs take everyone who touches them. You pop 1/5 of one of those and you'll understand... But please don't.

It takes about two weeks to become physically dependant on this shit. And it effects the survival centre of our brains. So he literally feels and believes that he needs the drugs as much as oxygen. No joke.

Right now, nothing in his world matters as much as these pills. Nothing! He is lying out of fear..

Life is not the same after opiotes. I know where his head is at. It's scary. You need to confront him ASAP. He's on a slippery slope.

So, apparently I did something wrong and my post from earlier didn't make the thread. I'll do my best to recap:

As o mentioned yesterday, I planned to confront my husband today after the kids left for school. When we woke up, I told him that I needed to talk with him after the kids left for school. He immediately got defensive and picked up his phone, telling me he just got an email saying that he need to be at the office ASAP. It was abundantly clear he was lying, what else is new? Anyway, I wasn't prepared for that but I shouldn't have given him a warning that we needed to talk.

I called his office and his assistant told me that she got an email from my husband confirming that he was working from home today - even though he told me that plans changed and he was going to the office. I have tried to call him, but he has texted back saying that he can't talk because he's dealing with a situation at work. Ugh...the lies just continue.

So, where the hell is he??? He told me that he's at work and told work that he's at home. Is there I way I can use our phones to track him? This is killing me! Is there technology that's built into our phones?

Sorry for th rant. I'm continuing to be more lost and consisted at every turn
Getting defensive is normal. No one plans on becoming addicted to opiates. Tell him you understand he has a problem and you want to help him figure it out. also be clear he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do right now. See whats really going on then you can make a plan to deal with it.

Also I'll say.... Quitting from that level is horrifying. So if he wants to quit I can suggest a lot.

Sorry to hear that OP...do your best to help him understand you come from a place of love. I can only imagine the grief he is feeling and does not want you to see this side of him. I wish you the best of luck

I'm sick to my stomach and disgusted with my husband but have had some time to calm down, think and reflect. Writing this all out feels very therapeutic, sonmy apologizes in advance for the length

For all those that have provided advice and expressed concern, I finally had the opportunity to confront my husband last night. As a brief reminder, he was supposed to be working from home yesterday, but suddenly had to go to work after I told him I wanted to talk. To little surprise, he managed to stayed at "work"!until after midnight. I can only assume he was trying to avoid me, but it wasn't going to work this time. The look on his face after he walked in the door was priceless, like a deer in headlights. At this point, he realized that no further excuses would get him out of having this conversation.

Before I even had the opportunity to ask him about the pills, he said that he knew what I wanted to talk about and asked for the chance to come clean on his own. Wow...this was going much better than I thought. In that brief moment the pit in my stomach briefly disappeared as I hoped he was going to man up and tell me what I already knew. Somehow the thought of him admitting his pill use would make the situation better. Maybe that meant he was ready to quit and perhaps he would have told me on his own had I not confronted him?

In reality, this sense of relief and these dashing thoughts of hope were all in my mind. He didn't even come close to telling me the truth that I was expecting to hear. Instead he dropped a bomb on me that I wasn't expecting at all - he told me that he was cheating on me and had fallen in love with someone else. WHAT???????

Here I am going through a whirlwind of emotions over the last week, finally getting to the point where I can confront my husband from a position of support and love and he tells me that he's in love with someone else?

I was floored (still am shocked but feeling oddly relieved that there are no more lies) and completely disgusted with my "husband", who I had planned to offer support and love to help dealing with the pills. I honestly feel like the biggest fool.

Without getting into details of the affair, the "intervention" was short lived as I didn't really have the strength or the desire to address the oxycodone. And despite my husband's offer to come clean with all the lies he was living, he failed to mention anything about the pills. So I still don't know whether he is using them all for himself, and honestly, I don't care in the least. At the moment, It's clear that I have to look out for myself.

I wanted to kick him in the balls and throw him on the street,'but I thought better as I wanted to have some time to digest all this without having to explain to the kids why dad wasn't home in morning.

Needless to say, it was nice not having my husband sweating profusely in bed next to me,which I've learned is a sign of oxy withdrawal. And despite his pleading, I refused to let him come upstairs, because I knew the only thing he wanted was his precious bottle of oxy. I literally made him sweat it out. We didn't speak much this morning, only enough to keep sone semblance of normalcy for the sake of the children, but it was clear they knew something was off. I hid his bottle of pills before I left to take the kids to school, so now he knows that I am aware of the drugs he has been hiding. To be honest, I am getting some joy thinking about him rummaging through the house looking for those little blue pills.

I don't know what I'm going to do next, how to deal with the infidelity. For the moment, I feeling like a weight was lifted from my chest and I'm going to embrace it.

He's far more fucked up then you thought. My gut feeling is that he's using the affair to avoid confronting hid addiction. As those pills are his oxygen.

I'm not sure what to add at this point, but you need to do you. He's obviously not ready for help.

Holy smokes, I wasn't expecting to see this and I know you weren't either. :( It's like your husband is having an affair with two entities- a woman and the pills. One thing you can do for now is get an appointment to see a counselor. If he wants to go along with you, that's great but you need this for yourself! It's possible at this point he might make himself more scarce then he's already been.

Just know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Whether your husband gets help for his problem or not remains to be seen. Right now you must have so many unanswered questions. Just reading this makes me feel like I got punched in the stomach. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Like Sixxam mentioned, you have to put yourself first. I really hope your husband gets his act together not just for your family but for himself!

Fuck him. See a lawyer immediately. With his infidelity AND drug use you should be able to get EVERYTHING in the divorce.

Put yourself first. Show there is no compromise or cease-fire until he fully comes clean. You have the upper hand here, do NOT give it up.

I could see him using the pills as an excuse for his behavior and say he needs help ..... I just could see myself doing that out of desperation .... but the cheating takes this to a whole other level and I think, most importantly, you need to look out for your kids and yourself.

I have been thinking about you...this really broke my heart to read. Think about yourself and your kids first. How are you holding up right now?