• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Hunters? Who hunts and what are your favorite game animals to hunt and or eat?

Neoprimitive

Bluelight Crew
Ok so Hunting season is almost upon us; and my question is how many of you guys here on this forum hunt and fish? I hunt and fish avidly, in fact during season I almost eat exclusively game, and in Pennsylvania you can hut feral hog year round with no limit so I do, in fact like 50% of the meat I eat is pork that I have personally killed, butchered and turned into a low cost food item. Plus I use it as a bargaining item with a few farmers in my area I hut the hogs that are causing a ruckus on their farms and get free produce and fresh eggs plus the pork, and a place to hang smoke and cure it. . . Awesome deal. But I digress I want to know that if you guys do hunt, what is your favorite types of small and big game.

Here are mine :
Small game - Rabbit love it supper tasty and zero fat.
Foul- I love duck and Pheasant supper freaking tasty as is dove.
Big Game- Hog because its year round and supper tasty but Venison is great and I can never pass up Caribou or Elk when I get the chance to hunt it.

SO what do you guys like to hunt or hell what do you like to eat game wise?

Dont have a foid card as I haven't been able to legally carry a fire arm for 2 years now and never bother to purchase one when I was younger lol. I do love venison though. So fucking tasty. Not a big fowl kinda person. Squirrel is good along with rabbit. Made a turtle, squirrel, rabbit gumbo before and it was delicious.

LOL thats a hell of a back woods gumbo. But squirrel dose have its moments its just really high in bad fats- hence their tasty flavor lol. I know a lot of cats in my area of Pa just north of Philly hunt, lot of the guys at my gym do and quiet a few of them are really serious about Bodybuilding as a sport, just seemed to make sense for guys on a budget to hunt a fair bit of their protein- i mean think about it you get a nice long low impact cardio session and free protein.

So no fire arms hunting eh ever think about taking up Archery? N ice way to train for the service there Serotonin especial bow season you can go all out with the cammo hell even where a ghillie suit. Besides teaches you tracking and observation skills.

LOL thats a hell of a back woods gumbo. But squirrel dose have its moments its just really high in bad fats- hence their tasty flavor lol. I know a lot of cats in my area of Pa just north of Philly hunt, lot of the guys at my gym do and quiet a few of them are really serious about Bodybuilding as a sport, just seemed to make sense for guys on a budget to hunt a fair bit of their protein- i mean think about it you get a nice long low impact cardio session and free protein.

So no fire arms hunting eh ever think about taking up Archery? N ice way to train for the service there Serotonin especial bow season you can go all out with the cammo hell even where a ghillie suit. Besides teaches you tracking and observation skills.
I can get my foid card now finally after being off probation. Archery sounds pretty awesome though. My girl likes bows and guns so its cool :D

I love to hunt and fish. Rabbit (though they have been decimated by coyotes) and squirrel. not city squirrels-that's what our conservation off, says. Quail and turkey. Whitetails are as close as I can get to big game. We eat everything we harvest.
If your in IL that foid card is your lifeblood and that straw purchase is a federal felony. Wouldn't get you around tags, stamp, and license purchase anyway. My deer jerky is killer, sausage too.
Oh man, now I'm wantin some squirrel w/gravy and homemade biscuits.

I don't really hunt for meat, but I shoot moths and spiders with my beloved Walther Co2 air pistol, for the simple reason they scare the shit out of me (particularly moths; they're like evil butterflies from hell). .Oh, I do like a spot of deep-sea mackerel fishing, and crabbing, as well.

I learned fishing like 3 years ago but I haven't gone fishing in the past months. Most fish are small though
I go hunting just for the fun of it, I enjoy shooting at anything
And I don't eat birds, and only eat fish at certain occasions as I don't really like it.

Yeah, I love shooting at things, but ever since I shot a pigeon I lost the heart to do it; it was a bad shot, I hit it's wing, and the poor thing was choking on its own blood. I finished it cleanly, of course but I still wouldn't do it again.

My man hunts right now he has red tags for deer he hunts every damn season its crazy but if likes then I'm down with it too. I don't eat deer though. he also hunts rabbits, geese(goose) lol idk if I'm correct on that one, wild turkey.

Good to see some other hunters. lol at buckweat squirrels with biscuits and gravy sounds freaking awesome. Glad to see that you eat every thing you hunt man; one of my pet peeves is ppl that hut for shits and giggles with no respect for the animals. Taking a life is a serious business and you really need to be right with your self, and have respect for the animal that just gave its life up for you.. . So buck care to share that sausage recipe? lol ( Im a chef so I am always hunting for recipes as well as lunch lol)

I have a great recipe for rabbit, thats roasted in hay and elder- boned out wrapped in cull fat, and seasoned liberally with a black sea salt, cracked blk pepper and juniper- comes out moist and gives you a nice hint of where its from. The elder, hay and juniper is great for this time of year nice full fall flavors and smells fantastic. And despite the cull fat; rabbit, is a great lean protein, hell most game is nice and lean and generally better for you then mass raised beef.

@ Serotonin - gotta love chicks that dig guns and what not.

gr33n3y3z- why dont you eat the deer shit is delicious? lol yeah its geese. and wild turkeys are so tasty its not a flavorless bird like these sweat shop turkeys you buy at the supper market... well that is unless you spend the cash and buy a heritage bird ( think of heritage animals as like heirloom produce).

We should keep this post going with recipes for game - I know a while back Nolys wanted to start a bodybuilding recipe thread we should do it up use the game as a jumping off point. What do you guys think?

Thanks neoprimitive. We call em slob-hunters. Not respecting property rights, killing out-of-season, makes it harder for legit and give the sport a bad rep. Anyway one thing I've noticed over the years is when cooking to stay away from the onions as they will bring out the gameyness of an animal. Marinating venison in milk for 2-4 hrs. helps too.
Gr33 be thankful your man has such a positive hobby. My.02

I've been an avid ethical hunter for at least 8 years. Mainly hunting dove and whitetail deer, although I hunt coyotes, boar, and bobcats.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who go hunting and will shoot anything that moves or people that blatantly break the laws/ethics of responsible hunting.

I'm actually donning my camo on right now to go deer hunting.

Fishing is boring as fuck & hunting doesn't sound much more exciting. The only game I remember eating venison, which was fucken' tastyu.

^ Fishing is boring as hell to me too. But hunting is much more enjoyable specially hunting something that could easily kill/injure you such as wild boar.

I find hunting boring, you have to wait like 20 minutes to find a bird, and wild boar are so rare here. Those are the only animals available, no deer no rabbits no venisons nothing. I enjoy how fish fight back though.

That's why they call it fishing, instead of catching. Incorporate some good friends and a few brews with your fishing(not hunting) and good times can be had. Shit, some of my best memories are from camping, hunting, and fishing. Also, it's a good aversion if you have addictions.

^ I'll second that mate I have more good memories of hunting and fishing trips where i have caught nothing then you would think possible. and Hell when is camping nto a bad time especially in spring and fall when its not too cold or hot? nice camp fire few hours of shit talking and the great out doors... can't go wrong.

@ Brutus good luck on the hunt brother. And yeah people that just shoot first and ask questions later when hunting are about as worth while as 60grit toilet paper.