• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

HR: Autobiographical material that illustrates harm due to recklessness or addiction

^ Hahahahahahahahaha!!! =D

If only my disputed memory memories were more... well... memorable :eek:

But they aren't - certainly nowt that can compete with disputing entire countries anyway - congrats to you, yours, and any and all who remember any or all y'all stumbled around and about in over the last demi-century or so :D

(I say that latter not to gasp in shock at but to gasp in awe at - roll on the continuously oncoming Herbacious Epoch <3)

PS: Schooled in Switzerland? Was it a finishing school? Few things sound so... erm... oldskool as a Swiss finishing school =D

You'd best get in there before some cunt ghostwrites it, Fubz! 8o

Eh, what? I'll 'ave half...

Edit: I've just had to Google that saying because I couldn't remember where I heard it. Turns out it was 'Love thy Neighbour' - a 70s sitcom which wouldn't stand a chance of being shown these days due to its racist overtones. However, I don't think it was that bad because the black guy (who now plays Patrick in EastEnders) gave as good as he got, and always ended up making the white bloke look a cunt. I'd love to see that series again, just to see how it stands up to modern scrutiny...

Edit 2: Aah, I've just been watching an old episode on YouTube, and it is actually that bad. Although the white bloke always ends up looking like a compete cunt, the gratuitous, one sided racism detracts from the presumed overall message.

Last edited:
Just about to release my autobiography: 'Fubared to fuckin buggery'.

It's a great read - especially for me cos I can't remember anything after 1980...

(In answer to your question, "What autobiography?") This one.

@Shambles, the Swiss boarding school(s) were a complete and utter anomaly in an otherwise ordinary middle class life. It's what used to happen (probably still does, I guess) when your Dad's company transfers him to a third world country. The first was in fact a "finishing school" of sorts. I got kicked out for standing up for a friend. Then I went to a crazy man's "school" (7 students from god knows where)in the mountains. He was a British idealist in love with the original alternative school that spawned many copycats back in the 70's: Summerhill (do young people even know about this school now? Oh, guess so, just looked it up and it still exists!). He was my math teacher at the finishing school where I finished his 7am geometry class that I had slept through the entire semester by writing a heartfelt essay, in lieu of his final exam, on why it was very unlikely that I would ever need these skills in my well-planned out future. I got an F but he felt sorry for me once I was expelled as I was forbidden from going to class while they waited for word from my Dad in Africa as to what to do with me and all I did was roam the halls instigating rebellion as I was now freed (shunned) from being "finished". As I remember it (good thing there are no siblings to weigh in on this one) he said, "I have a school in the mountains." And I said, "OK. What train should I take?" That little experiment lasted for the following two months (poor Mr Farrow--his heart was in the right place even if his mind was in outer space) and then I attended what was officially called the American School at Leysin but should have been called the International Drug Emporium of Diplomatically Immune Offspring of Clueless Parents hailing from Afghanistan to Ethiopia to NYC. Then I got kicked out of that one as well.I do believe that LSD was involved at that point. That led to the infamous hippie school in the Appalachians, better known as Last Resort for Merry Pranksters where everything was decided by consensus of the entire faculty and student body (60 of us), including my expulsion (yet again:() for quite obviously having broken one of the only two rules the school imposed by turning up pregnant. The two rules were: No drugs. No sex. =D

And now I will stop derailing the thread which is supposed to be about actual autobiographies lol.

Last edited:
@Shambles, the Swiss boarding school(s) were a complete and utter anomaly in an otherwise ordinary middle class life. It's what used to happen (probably still does, I guess) when your Dad's company transfers him to a third world country. The first was in fact a "finishing school" of sorts. I got kicked out for standing up for a friend. Then I went to a crazy man's "school" (7 students from god knows where)in the mountains. He was a British idealist in love with the original alternative school that spawned many copycats back in the 70's: Summerhill (do young people even know about this school now? Oh, guess so, just looked it up and it still exists!). He was my math teacher at the finishing school where I finished his 7am geometry class that I had slept through the entire semester by writing a heartfelt essay, in lieu of his final exam, on why it was very unlikely that I would ever need these skills in my well-planned out future. I got an F but he felt sorry for me once I was expelled as I was forbidden from going to class while they waited for word from my Dad in Africa as to what to do with me and all I did was roam the halls instigating rebellion as I was now freed (shunned) from being "finished". As I remember it (good thing there are no siblings to weigh in on this one) he said, "I have a school in the mountains." And I said, "OK. What train should I take?" That little experiment lasted for the following two months (poor Mr Farrow--his heart was in the right place even if his mind was in outer space) and then I attended what was officially called the American School at Leysin but should have been called the International Drug Emporium of Diplomatically Immune Offspring of Clueless Parents hailing from Afghanistan to Ethiopia to NYC. Then I got kicked out of that one as well.I do believe that LSD was involved at that point. That led to the infamous hippie school in the Appalachians, better known as Last Resort for Merry Pranksters where everything was decided by consensus of the entire faculty and student body (60 of us), including my expulsion (yet again:() for quite obviously having broken one of the only two rules the school imposed by turning up pregnant. The two rules were: No drugs. No sex. =D

And now I will stop derailing the thread which is supposed to be about actual autobiographies lol.
Brilliant!
I want to read your autobiography herbavore - you seem to have an actual memory as well, which is very impressive compared to the huge chunks I'm missing :\

NOODLES!!! Always noodles!

The food thread makes me miss bear even more :(

... then I attended what was officially called the American School at Leysin but should have been called the International Drug Emporium of Diplomatically Immune Offspring of Clueless Parents hailing from Afghanistan to Ethiopia to NYC. Then I got kicked out of that one as well.I do believe that LSD was involved at that point. That led to the infamous hippie school in the Appalachians, better known as Last Resort for Merry Pranksters where everything was decided by consensus of the entire faculty and student body (60 of us), including my expulsion (yet again:() for quite obviously having broken one of the only two rules the school imposed by turning up pregnant. The two rules were: No drugs. No sex. =D

You sure you didn't attend here at some point? ;)=D

For some reason, the 'brown noise' incident came into my head the other day. That's one.

Yeah, but the thing is... that definitely happened. Probably. Also a perfect example of how just the fact of recording something as it happens in no way means it agrees with consensus reality. Although in that case it did. Possibly.

I wonder if you could get away with writing a book these days like whats his name - Muggles - Mezz Mezzrow autobiography about how much fun drugs are?

I prefer the old books about drugs - I forget the name of the book but there's a guy who went out into Sumatra in the 40s with a big bag of opium and said how much it enhanced his life. Think he said by mixing coke and opium he could really buzz his fucking tits off. Says after he'd been caning it for a few years, he quit using with the help of a few psychedelics and then stopped when he came back to England because of the pressure from the law. Said coke and opium were marvellous.

But remember - not all drugs are good. Some of them are great.

Brilliant!
I want to read your autobiography herbavore -

i do too!

you know what - i think you should start writing it.

i'd happily edit it for you... i'm absolutely serious, not joking around.

a friend of mine had her first novel published recently (then won a big literary award) and she's been really encouraging to me and all her other friends to keepo writing -a dn submit stuff to publishers, because you don't really have anything to lose.
you've lived - and are continuing to live - a truly fascinating life, herby. i could read your stories all day <3