• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

HR: Autobiographical material that illustrates harm due to recklessness or addiction

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiya folks :)

I have thought of a thread where we could post material of people whom have experienced negative consequences as a result of abusing the use of substances n addictions. I thought this may deliver a stronger message than lectured do which just infuriate people. This could be names of books, films, dramas, newspaper articles, YouTube videos, personal experiments n whatever else.

I'll start by giving examples:
•Scar Tissue by Anthony Keidis (lead singer of Red Hot Chili Peppers

This books illustrates how taking heroin lead to an addiction to Heroin, it shows that people can die (Hillel, cant spell that n a member of Nirvada) it shows how being in a relationship with another addict can lead to using.

•Slash, the Autobiography

Again he illustrates how taking Heroin lead to becoming addicted. Taking a lot of cocaine n Heroin simultaneously lead to him hallucinating. He saw a friend overdose on drugs and die. His friend, Stephen, was sacked so it shows how drug addiction can be distructive to one's job or career. Drugs almost nearly killed Slash' heart n he now has a tool imsertted encase his hesrt stops.
• The Autopsy of Amy Winehouse

Illustrates how reckless / addictive drinking / substance abuse can kill someone so young - it does not discriminate.

Evey

Last edited:
Ben: Diary of a heroin addict

Real, honest, tragic.... 45 minutes of mans pain, and the ripple outward.

Thanks for posting that, man. It had me in tears a few times. I've never even seen heroin but it really made me reflect on how much I love my parents, and how selfless and loving they've been to me through all my mental health fuck ups which were, primarily, due to my drug use.

Thanks for posting that, man. It had me in tears a few times. I've never even seen heroin but it really made me reflect on how much I love my parents, and how selfless and loving they've been to me through all my mental health fuck ups which were, primarily, due to my drug use.

Mate we all fuck up but your parents will always love you cos you're their son.....

(Plus your a good lad with a good heart and no parent could ask for more than that)

Pleasure Lug.. My experience mirrors yours. I really hope i can repay what its cost them before its too late. I dont mean in monetary terms.

Progress is being made :)

You'll do fine Scotchy mate and I'm sure their proud of you. I'd be proud of you of you were my son mate.

Just wish mine were still here. Think about them over day :(

Wonderland ave, about 14 year old Danny suggerman who becomes the doors and iggy pops manager, by 16 he's completely strungout on heroin and qualudes, all the time living the Hollywood dream.

Also boy george's first bio Take it like a man , all about he's heroin addiction through the 80's and the problems it coursed between him and the band.

And the basketball dairy's about poet and singer Jim Carroll growing up in New York's lower east side and his struggle with heroin also made into a film.

Got nikki six' bio as well loads about his Coke /heroin addiction but all a bit over the top Hollywood bollocks for me.

A guy I work with was the cop who arrested Boy George for heroin possession in the 80s when he was a drug squad Bobby with the met.

That's his (only) claim to fame....oh appart from also doing Johnathan Ross for jumping a red light.

Wonderland ave, about 14 year old Danny suggerman who becomes the doors and iggy pops manager, by 16 he's completely strungout on heroin and qualudes, all the time living the Hollywood dream.

Also boy george's first bio Take it like a man , all about he's heroin addiction through the 80's and the problems it coursed between him and the band.

And the basketball dairy's about poet and singer Jim Carroll growing up in New York's lower east side and his struggle with heroin also made into a film.

Got nikki six' bio as well loads about his Coke /heroin addiction but all a bit over the top Hollywood bollocks for me.
Aye, basketball diaries is brilliant.

The films not bad at all, a very young Leo DiCaprio plays Carroll. Think Walhbergs in it too. Not the most feel good of films but life ain't Disney is it.

Fine performances actually from such a young cast.

Aye, basketball diaries is brilliant.

The films not bad at all, a very young Leo DiCaprio plays Carroll. Think Walhbergs in it too. Not the most feel good of films but life ain't Disney is it.

Fine performances actually from such a young cast.

Yeah excellent film and dicaprio and whalhbergs performance are spot on.

Forgot about a million little pieces James Frey 's account of addiction and his stay in rehab where he is befriend/mentored buy a high ranking mafia boss , fucking brilliant book there's a second follow up but can't find it or remember what it's called.

Edit cheers for that link MDB second books my friend Leonard ( the mafia guy )

Last edited:
Scotch , who's the author friend of Shane who's books he goes on about ,kept meaning to have a look a them but never got round to it.

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey, imo an extremely engaging and moving account of one young mans battle to overcome his addictions to drink and drugs. The book received mixed reviews

"In September 2005, the book was picked as an Oprah's Book Club selection, and shortly thereafter became the number one paperback non-fiction book on Amazon.com, and topped the New York Times Best Seller list for fifteen straight weeks..........some critics, such as Pat Conroy,[2] praised the book, calling it "the War and Peace of addiction," others were not as impressed by the gruesome nature of the book and Frey's overall attitude that sets the tone for the book. For example, critic Julian Keeling,[3] a recovering addict, stated that "Frey's stylistic tactics are irritating...none of this makes the reader feel well-disposed towards him." Wikipedia.org

I was not in the least irritated by the "stylistic tactics.":? The book could form the basis of a great movie imo, i wonder if anyone has this in mind. 8(

Spolier, if you are interested in the sound of the book i'd obviously advise not reading the spolier until afterwards as it is indeed one hell of a spoiler and will virtually certainly ruin the overall power of the book
NSFW:
The book was presented as autobiagriphical, but it was soon revealed that some of the passages were exagerated or invented, i felt so betrayed when i discovered this as the book had had me in floods of tears at several points. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Million_Little_Pieces

Last edited:
Published or blogger?

Gravedigging under the Mancy Way? Vee?

I know he prattles round with Doherty, there's a performance of SICK by them both.. Not the best.. Its OK.

Not sure mate. Let me know if you remember.

Published or blogger?

Gravedigging under the Mancy Way? Vee?

I know he prattles round with Doherty, there's a performance of SICK by them both.. Not the best.. Its OK

Not sure mate. Let me know if you remember.

Tony o Neil digging the vein, couple of other books both drug related.