• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids how to taper off Tramadol, Any ideas?

I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow ... I hope everything can be better. I am with moderate withdrawal symptoms. But it will be hell in the morning

I took the advice of other BL's and took 100mg of gabapentin and I feel so much better. It certainly is a good med for assisting tapering
Gabapentin and Pregabalin can be very good for a reduction cone, it helps a lot. I don't know what my doctor had in mind, a proper hydrocodone cone or trams with gabapentin would be comfortable.

probably yes, I stopped venlafaxine a while ago, he didn't prescribe any new medication, he just told me to go tomorrow, I think he's going to give me methadone or buprenorphine. He said he was going to get me something in the hospital to help me with a reduction cone, and also to help me endure this bad time. My head and eyes hurt for cry a lot, I was talking to my mother and she's really tired of all this, that breaks my heart even more
So I think maybe my doctor will give me methadone or buprenorphine, although I don't know, maybe a cone of hydrocodone (I've been taking this for the last time, I didn't mention it in the post, because I take hydro 3 times a week and I take tramadol all days, I thought tramadol was the biggest problem, but opiates in general are my problem I guess)

Bupe or methadone will help the opiate side. Along with an anti depressant when the tramadol is out of your system.

If you're only taking hydro a few times a week seems less a prob than the tramadol.

Tramadol is a dirty drug affecting so many things in our brains. I think the coming off tramadol might represent such a challenge because of it multiple actions on your brain especially at those high doses. So treating the opiate addiction will help but I hope they get you on some SNRI when you're off the tram. At least the opiod replacement drugs will lessen the opiod withdrawal so you're not dealing with double withdrawal but be careful to reduce the tram slowly alongside the opiod replacement treatment so that your brain isn't shocked by the lack of SNRI. Be honest with the doctor about the high doses you've been on.

I can't wait to be off it. As of this morning I've had only 18mg (half a 37mg tablet). Yesterday I only had 105mg. I've tapered 60% this month. My husband did the maths for me coz I'm really bad at maths haha.

I experienced burning pain in my mid back and the return of chronic pain which may just be hyperalgesia.

Spoke to my doctor yesterday and I'm trying immediate release oxycodone instead of slow oxycodone, so I can cut the doses up.

I'm cutting 5mg oxycodone into 2.5mg doses to replace some of the tramadol doses with low doses of oxycodone. I've been on slow release oxycodone for a while now but don't have the same issues with it as when I decrease tramadol.

So it's almost 8am. I've only had 18mg tramdaol since 5.30am and 2.5mg of IR oxycodone. I'll have another dose of it in six hours.

Aiming to go lower than yesterday's 105mg if possible but I won't push myself too hard. My husband told me to plateau if I continue to get such bad pain. I will see how I go. I'd like to be off the crap well and truly. Then do a straight opiod taper later on

probably yes, I stopped venlafaxine a while ago, he didn't prescribe any new medication, he just told me to go tomorrow, I think he's going to give me methadone or buprenorphine. He said he was going to get me something in the hospital to help me with a reduction cone, and also to help me endure this bad time. My head and eyes hurt for cry a lot, I was talking to my mother and she's really tired of all this, that breaks my heart even more
So I think maybe my doctor will give me methadone or buprenorphine, although I don't know, maybe a cone of hydrocodone (I've been taking this for the last time, I didn't mention it in the post, because I take hydro 3 times a week and I take tramadol all days, I thought tramadol was the biggest problem, but opiates in general are my problem I guess)

Even though it hurts your mum she is really important as she'll be a support. It's important to be honest with our loved ones. Hoping today is better

Even though it hurts your mum she is really important as she'll be a support. It's important to be honest with our loved ones. Hoping today is better
I was completely honest. I told my doctor and my mother about my relapse. I was hospitalized yesterday where they gave me subcutaneous morphine and hydrated me a little, they told me that when I have unbearable withdrawal symptoms I should go to the hospital and they would inject me with a low dose of morphine to control withdrawal (this seems strange to me) the doses that they inject me only control physical abstinence.

Last edited:
Tramadol is a dirty drug affecting so many things in our brains. I think the coming off tramadol might represent such a challenge because of it multiple actions on your brain especially at those high doses. So treating the opiate addiction will help but I hope they get you on some SNRI when you're off the tram. At least the opiod replacement drugs will lessen the opiod withdrawal so you're not dealing with double withdrawal but be careful to reduce the tram slowly alongside the opiod replacement treatment so that your brain isn't shocked by the lack of SNRI. Be honest with the doctor about the high doses you've been on.

It is the biggest challenge of my life, today I did not go to the hospital to get more morphine, just take 750mg of tramadol, I will try to reduce it from here.

I had a suicide attempt, I tried to kill myself with alcohol, tramadol and a lot of ambien, but I'm still here, I suppose there's a reason ... I'm stable now

It is the biggest challenge of my life, today I did not go to the hospital to get more morphine, just take 750mg of tramadol, I will try to reduce it from here.

I had a suicide attempt, I tried to kill myself with alcohol, tramadol and a lot of ambien, but I'm still here, I suppose there's a reason ... I'm stable now

I know how it can be to give in to that unrelenting force, just to feel some relief, or to not feel like complete shit. It becomes a struggle on a constant basis just to make it through a single moment of time. Just know that you're not alone and that things can get better.

It may sound strange to hear this from some random person online, but I'm grateful you're alright. Feeling like suicide is the only way out can be a very difficult place to be in. Truth be told I feel like ending things many times a week and keep it to myself, justifying to myself that no one would notice. That no one would care. But I seem to pull through miraculously even in the darkest of times. A big part of any craving is to hold on for dear life until that initial urge passes you. Usually this strong urge/craving will last no longer then 10mins. So with that in mind. Do whatever it takes to get through that craving. Whether that's going for a walk with your dog, spending time with a friend, or simply browsing some social media. It's called urge surfing. Like surfing a wave on the water, it pushes you with force, but you still have control. Eventually the wave comes to an end and you're out the other side.

I know how it can be to give in to that unrelenting force, just to feel some relief, or to not feel like complete shit. It becomes a struggle on a constant basis just to make it through a single moment of time. Just know that you're not alone and that things can get better.

It may sound strange to hear this from some random person online, but I'm grateful you're alright. Feeling like suicide is the only way out can be a very difficult place to be in. Truth be told I feel like ending things many times a week and keep it to myself, justifying to myself that no one would notice. That no one would care. But I seem to pull through miraculously even in the darkest of times. A big part of any craving is to hold on for dear life until that initial urge passes you. Usually this strong urge/craving will last no longer then 10mins. So with that in mind. Do whatever it takes to get through that craving. Whether that's going for a walk with your dog, spending time with a friend, or simply browsing some social media. It's called urge surfing. Like surfing a wave on the water, it pushes you with force, but you still have control. Eventually the wave comes to an end and you're out the other side.

Thanks for your words man, I really appreciate them. Things are weird, but they are going well, I am spending time with my best friend again, so I hope that keeps me distracted, I think so.

After Years and years of tram and I finally got off. Then I got shot and later when when perk/norco got cut off tramadol was back. Trip out on the severity of the withdrawls though....Way harder than perk. The pills are very cheap in Mexico right by my house but I am labeled a secondary standard inspection at us borders...Go Kratom
The very best for you my man. Kratom was a Godsend when I was coming off tramadol and oxy.

Interesting you guys talkin about suicide being the only way out, I have those thoughts too and I imagine a lot of addicts do, just shows you how serious this stuff is and what we have to go through when most people look at us and say “well just stop it’s simple“, if only it were that easy

Such good advice. I can't do likes otherwise I'd like the comment. Have to comment instead

Interesting you guys talkin about suicide being the only way out, I have those thoughts too and I imagine a lot of addicts do, just shows you how serious this stuff is and what we have to go through when most people look at us and say “well just stop it’s simple“, if only it were that easy
People underestimate it. The strength and will that addicts employ in recovery is nothing the average Joe could ever understand

Thanks for your words man, I really appreciate them. Things are weird, but they are going well, I am spending time with my best friend again, so I hope that keeps me distracted, I think so.
Hope the hospitalisation has helped

I know quite a bit about kratom and am willing to help out :) So first question I have is are you withdrawaling from anything? This can effect how big your kratom dose should be. Have you used opiates in the past? Using things like tramadol and opiates can increase your overall tolerance to similar substances, i.e. kratom. To play it safe I'd recommend trying 3-4grams in one dose. If you still feel uncomfortable and shitty, you can go up in increments of half a gram. As an overall general set of rules, kratom tends to be stimulating in the 2-3g range and more sedating in the 4-5g range. White and green strains are the most stimulating. I generally steer clear of white strains because they have the tendency to provoke anxiety. Green strains on the other hand can be great for daytime usage. I like to take green strains around noon everyday as a boost/pick me up. What I mean by this is I get mentally, and physically stimulated to a point that it makes my life easier to handle. For instance when getting stressed at work, the kratom has this way about it that helps me slow down and cut out the tension.

Ok so there are also yellow and gold strains. Many people don't like these because they seem to fall in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to stimulation or pain killing properties. I personally love gold strains and use them all the time. The best way to describe them is, that they are the step down from greens in stimulation, they are chillmode essentially. And a step above reds when it comes to sedation. With average to good pain killing properties accompanied by euphoria. I like taking 3.5g Green vein and 1.3g gold for a good afternoon with no pain and good sense of wellbeing.

And of course there are red strains that are arguably the most sedating, possessin

So yeah thanks for the help I will be needing advice for sure. I have a few different kratom strains but still a rookie. I need to fin a online vendor who has this cost effective quality over smoke shops that I keep hearing about. I need a brand and site for ordering asap hopefully. I also have bumble bee white borneo.