• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids how to taper off Tramadol, Any ideas?

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Okay, after going through horrible withdrawal I relapsed over a week ago and have been taking massive doses. I'm talking about 1300-1500 doses a day, today I only took 750mg and I don't feel withdrawal, but I don't feel high either. I was thinking reducing from 750mg

Any idea how much should I cut per day?

Hey. I've been on them for pain for years. Largest dose was 400mg daily. As of today I've had 105 mg. I'm hoping I'll make it through on only 105mg today, but I might need a late dose this evening, we'll see. It's hard coz of the SNRI effect. I've been tapering slowly.

Started a hard taper this month in lockdown. At the beginning of this month I was on 250 mg. Today is the lowest I've been on in 4 years.

When I began the taper I aimed to taper 25mg ish a week based on a Google of antidepressant withdrawal schedules.

I'm really bad at maths though and so I'm just tapering what I can tolerate. I've seen others here suggest a 25mg taper works for them but something maybe slightly more rapid for super high doses to get you into the safer realm.

Tapering consistently is key. The withdrawal hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be as it's been gradual. I'm wondering if maybe I'll make it to the end of the day on 100mg.

From 750 you could safely drop every few days down to a dose getting closer to being safe with the siezure threshold (400mg is max reccomended daily dose). I'd suggest trying as much a drop as you can safely tolerate at a time if you can once you're in that safe range and slow it down a little once you're around the 400-300mg mark to give your brain some catch up time if you're sensitive to the SNRI withdrawal effects

The tablets mixed with paracetamol can be cut up but the capsules can be dissolved in water

If the withdrawal kicks in give yourself a one or two day break from tapering and keep the dose consistent.

One thing I've noticed is my morning withdrawal has stopped since I got into the 100s of mg's.

I hope this has been slightly helpful. Tramadol is a dirty pharmaceutical. I can't wait to be off the crap

Last edited:
Hey. I've been on them for pain for years. Largest dose was 400mg daily. As of today I've had 105 mg. I'm hoping I'll make it through on only 105mg today, but I might need a late dose this evening, we'll see. It's hard coz of the SNRI effect. I've been tapering slowly.

Started a hard taper this month in lockdown. At the beginning of this month I was on 250 mg. Today is the lowest I've been on in 4 years.

When I began the taper I aimed to taper 25mg ish a week. I'm really bad at maths though and so I'm just tapering what I can tolerate. I've seen others here suggest a 25mg taper but something maybe slightly more rapid for super high doses to get you into the safer realm.

Tapering slowly and consistently is key. The withdrawal hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be as it's been gradual. I'm wondering if maybe I'll make it to the end of the day on 100mg.

From 750 you could safely drop every few days down to a dose getting closer to being safe with the siezure threshold (400mg is max reccomended daily dose). I'd suggest trying 25mg at a time if you can once you're in that safe range and slow it down a little once you're around the 400-300mg mark to give your brain some catch up time.

The tablets mixed with paracetamol can be cut up but the capsules can be dissolved in water

If the withdrawal kicks in give yourself a one or two day break from tapering and keep the dose consistent.

One thing I've noticed is my morning withdrawal has stopped since I got into the 100s of mg's.

I hope this has been slightly helpful. Tramadol is a dirty pharmaceutical. I can't wait to be off the crap
Hey thanks I was thinking of trying to get to 450mg, I will try to take just that for one day maybe I can keep up with that, maybe I need 600mg.
it not more than 2 weeks that I was taking 1gr dose anyway, and then reducing 25mg a week is recommended? It sounds very little, but I can try.
The pills are common, with an immediate release of 75mg each.
So I must reduce the dose with 37.5mg per week in my case.

Last edited:
Taper by as much as you can stand. You don't have to do a rapid taper and reduce your dose every day. If you want to do a slower but more comfortable taper you can reduce your dose by 50-100mg every few days, that way it'll give your body time to adjust to the lower dose.

Yeah if you feel comfortable to taper more rapidly go for it, it's safe. I'm tapering slowly in my case as I've been on the crap for so long. One issue I've experienced if I taper to rapidly I end up making less progress but everyone is different.

Hey thanks I was thinking of trying to get to 450mg, I will try to take just that for one day maybe I can keep up with that, maybe I need 600mg.
it not more than 2 weeks that I was taking 1gr dose anyway, and then reducing 25mg a week is recommended? It sounds very little, but I can try.

The pills are common, with an immediate release of 75mg each.
So I must reduce the dose with 37.5mg per week in my case.

But if you feel comfortable to taper more rapidly go for it, it's safe.

Yesterday I finally got down to 105mg. First day on such a big dose jump that I didn't feel like my brain was melting at the end of the day.

I've been tapering more than 25mg a day at some points. But some weeks I've only tapered 25 a week. Try the 50mg drop at least til you're in the safer zone of under 400mg and then go from there

Last edited:
Taper by as much as you can stand. You don't have to do a rapid taper and reduce your dose every day. If you want to do a slower but more comfortable taper you can reduce your dose by 50-100mg every few days, that way it'll give your body time to adjust to the lower dose.
Agree re how much you can stand.

Yesterday was the first day in maybe four years I took only 105mg. I thought I'd absolutely need that 18mg in the evening to deal with shitty brain melting sensations. But I didn't finally. That was a big jump for me this week down to that mg amount and there weren't as bad withdrawals. It seems the lower my dose gets as well, the less severe the morning withdrawals are. I hope that means I'm close to getting off this rubbish

I just did cold turkey off tramadol due to being a convicted intl drug trafficker. I am always in Tijuana so I can take them when down there but I was taking a lottttttt. Hoping this kratom can help out.

I just did cold turkey off tramadol due to being a convicted intl drug trafficker. I am always in Tijuana so I can take them when down there but I was taking a lottttttt. Hoping this kratom can help out.

Damn how's the withdrawal going. I hate tramadol withdrawal it's like my brain melts. On par (but not worse for me) than Lyrica. I'm still on a small dose of oxycodone so I'm dealing straight with the SNRI withdrawal for now, and following up with a taper from the SR oxy if I need to only because my injuries have healed now finally after many years. I've been doing it concurrently down from 20mg oxycodone to 7now along with the tramadol taper.

So hopefully the kratom masks the opiod withdrawal for u a bit

After Years and years of tram and I finally got off. Then I got shot and later when when perk/norco got cut off tramadol was back. Trip out on the severity of the withdrawls though....Way harder than perk. The pills are very cheap in Mexico right by my house but I am labeled a secondary standard inspection at us borders...Go Kratom

Anyway, it will be difficult to reduce a drug that I am abusing, there will always be the temptation to take a little more. But I'll try

After Years and years of tram and I finally got off. Then I got shot and later when when perk/norco got cut off tramadol was back. Trip out on the severity of the withdrawls though....Way harder than perk. The pills are very cheap in Mexico right by my house but I am labeled a secondary standard inspection at us borders...Go Kratom
Yeah an injury can put you right back there. The reason I'm tapering now is because I'm finally healing from my pretty bad injuries (took four years). I find tram harder than straight opiods too for sure. If I find myself injured again I will refuse tramadol

how do you stomach that much tramadol? no matter tolerance, such a nauseating drug.

i recently dropped a 300 - 400mg iv odsmt habit (with plenty of prior kindling) and the only symptom was severe depression and trouble eating. get down to a few hundred mgs and then drop it. no matter how slow you go your gonna get some withdrawal symptoms, but it’s not gonna be like coming off dope or dilly. i’d taper quite rapidly, especially at first. don’t prolong longer than necessary.

Yeah it is very weird I can stop Hydro but tramadol sucks. It doesn't even really tackle the pain but the feeling of well being on the synthetic rx tramadol I guess was addictive even when you don't feel much from it....My friends are like wtf is tramadol....IDK Brains are very powerfull

I make sure to have at east cereal before I take tram or barfff every time....Never empty stomach...But at the end of the day Fuck Tramadol. I am new here

I need help with kratom though on dosing and what not. I am studying the herb and have red vein kratom powder now. But I do smoke weed all day everyday living in San Diego too many pot shops every corner..but I love it

Yeah man if you're abusing it makes it hard. Hope u can get through

Yesterday I took 1300mg and today I only had 150mg left, I took it in the morning, I have some symptoms of WDs

I was only supposed to take 750mg yesterday, but I ended up taking a lot more

I need help with kratom though on dosing and what not. I am studying the herb and have red vein kratom powder now. But I do smoke weed all day everyday living in San Diego too many pot shops every corner..but I love it
Sorry man I have no experience with kratom. It's never been available any country I've ever lived in. I once lived in the region it comes from but it was highly restricted there lol

Yesterday I took 1300mg and today I only had 150mg left, I took it in the morning, I have some symptoms of WDs

I was only supposed to take 750mg yesterday, but I ended up taking a lot more
Did you end up taking more later in the day? It's gonna hurt for a while. 1300 is not 1500. So there's that. Any other meds or things like kratom to tone down the opiod withdrawal? Aim to drop today off the 1300 dose again.