• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids how to taper off Tramadol, Any ideas?

Did you end up taking more later in the day? It's gonna hurt for a while. 1300 is not 1500. So there's that. Any other meds or things like kratom to tone down the opiod withdrawal? Aim to drop today off the 1300 dose again.
Yes i took more pills yesterday afternoon

I have no more pills, if I had more I would take something. I only took 30mg of valium 20 minutes ago to relax "a little" I was planning to take naproxen and smoke marijuana the rest of the day. I will get more tramadol tomorrow

Yes i took more pills yesterday afternoon

I have no more pills, if I had more I would take something. I only took 30mg of valium 20 minutes ago to relax "a little" I was planning to take naproxen and smoke marijuana the rest of the day. I will get more tramadol tomorrow
While you don't have any in your system the next 24 hours take that as an opportunity as the beggining of the taper and try one day on only 400mg. I'm worried about the potential for seizure on that high a dose and then suddenly coming off it. Sorry man it's a shitty med. I hope those help u get through.

I'm rooting for you bro you can do this.

While you don't have any in your system the next 24 hours take that as an opportunity as the beggining of the taper and try one day on only 400mg. I'm worried about the potential for seizure on that high a dose and then suddenly coming off it. Sorry man it's a shitty med. I hope those help u get through.

I'm rooting for you bro you can do this.
I don't think I have any seizure, I take 20mg of diazepam daily, this can prevent seizures.

I always take tramadol with benzos and high doses not caused me seizures. The only time I convulsed, I was on benzo wd too.

The plan of a little more diazepam, some naproxen and weed seems good for today, tomorrow I will be in a big agony, but when I can get tramadol I will try to take only 450mg (6 pills of 75mg)

I don't think I have any seizure, I take 20mg of diazepam daily, this can prevent seizures.

I always take tramadol with benzos and high doses not caused me seizures. The only time I convulsed, I was on benzo wd too.

The plan of a little more diazepam, some naproxen and weed seems good for today, tomorrow I will be in a big agony, but when I can get tramadol I will try to take only 450mg (6 pills of 75mg)
Good to know. Yeah give that a try. You can do it. And especially with one day with them out of your system, it will give you an edge in the taper

how do you stomach that much tramadol? no matter tolerance, such a nauseating drug.
To be honest, I have no idea, a few years ago I was taking the common 50mg pills for human use. Then, when I got my unlimited source of tramadol, are 75mg pills, at first I only took 5 or 6 (375mg-450mg) and I was like that for a while, little by little I was taking more pills, I got one habit of 750mg, then that did nothing, and kept taking, I can take 1500mg until I just feel high. It does not make me feel bad or nauseous, I do not vomit, the thing gets ugly only when the 12 hours go by without a dose. My days are basically being on pills all day.

I don't know how my stomach will be. I take a lot of pills, I guess it must be damaged somehow, but I just don't feel anything wrong with it.

Last edited:
To be honest, I have no idea, a few years ago I was taking the common 50mg pills for human use. Then, when I got my unlimited source of tramadol, are 75mg pills, at first I only took 5 or 6 (375mg-450mg) and I was like that for a while, little by little I was taking more pills, I got one habit of 750mg, then that did nothing, and kept taking, I can take 1500mg until I just feel high. It does not make me feel bad or nauseous, I do not vomit, the thing gets ugly only when the 12 hours go by without a dose. My days are basically being on pills all day.

I don't know how my stomach will be. I take a lot of pills, I guess it must be damaged somehow, but I just don't feel anything wrong with it.
Hey man how'd you go yesterday?

Hey man how'd you go yesterday?
Hi! Fine, but not so fine, I bought 750mg in the morning and took them during the day, in the afternoon I did not feel anything, just cravings, strong cravings, and I went to buy more, and took about 600mg more. It is good, because I did not feel like shit during the day, I recorded 2 songs with a friend and I also wrote a song and I recorded it at the same time, it was an interesting afternoon, even so, I did not reduce anything. Now I am back from shopping, I did not take tramadol in the morning, so I took my first dose of 150mg almost 20 minutes ago. I do not know how far I can leave my dose without going out of control, I have 1500mg in my possession. Some valium and also ambien, I do not know what to do, I am broken, mentally ... I have a broken heart, I am an addict and you know ... this fucks you, it is not a good combo to be sad and hooked.

Hi! Fine, but not so fine, I bought 750mg in the morning and took them during the day, in the afternoon I did not feel anything, just cravings, strong cravings, and I went to buy more, and took about 600mg more. It is good, because I did not feel like shit during the day, I recorded 2 songs with a friend and I also wrote a song and I recorded it at the same time, it was an interesting afternoon, even so, I did not reduce anything. Now I am back from shopping, I did not take tramadol in the morning, so I took my first dose of 150mg almost 20 minutes ago. I do not know how far I can leave my dose without going out of control, I have 1500mg in my possession. Some valium and also ambien, I do not know what to do, I am broken, mentally ... I have a broken heart, I am an addict and you know ... this fucks you, it is not a good combo to be sad and hooked.

I'm glad you got some music done. Addiction is a complex thing. And tapering is hard when the urge is still there. Is there anyone where you are you can talk to about the psychological side of addiction? There are probably some threads here that cover the psychological addiction aspects. With regards to tapering it takes time and indeed sucks but it's hard to do if the underlying addiction issues are there. Anyhow tomorrow is a new day

Last edited:
I'm glad you got some music done

Thanks man, music is a great distraction for me
Is there anyone where you are you can talk to about the psychological side of addiction? There are probably some threads here that cover the psychological addiction aspects. With regards to tapering it takes time and discipline but it's hard to do if the underlying addiction issues are there. Anyhow tomorrow is a new day
Yes, my doctor and my mother, I was on methadone this year for 2 months at the beginning of the pandemic to control the habit of 750mg of tramadol. This is the third relapse since the moment I asked my mother for help a long time ago, it is difficult for me to decide whether or not to tell her about my relapse, because it shows that she is exhausted from seeing me like this. She has seen me with severe withdrawal symptoms, some overdoses, she does not forbid me to smoke weed so I roll the joint in front of her and then I went out to smoke( As an example of the confidence level, she thinks that I am fine with the help of the herb, because I smoke all day.)
She asks me every few days if I have relapsed, but I refuse to confess it, although I may do so soon, because 1500mg of tramadol a day is a lot.

flexeril.

Hey, that sounds like an OTC thing here.
What can flexeril help me with? I see that it is a muscle relaxant, is it similar to carisoprodol? Or is it weaker? today i went to a pharmacy and they didn't have soma, or they didn't want to sell me. I wanted to achieve that so that I could take a lower dose of tramadol and be able to reduce it. but if flexeril is good, great (soma and venlafaxine help me very much for tramadol withdrawal)

Thanks man, music is a great distraction for me

Yes, my doctor and my mother, I was on methadone this year for 2 months at the beginning of the pandemic to control the habit of 750mg of tramadol. This is the third relapse since the moment I asked my mother for help a long time ago, it is difficult for me to decide whether or not to tell her about my relapse, because it shows that she is exhausted from seeing me like this. She has seen me with severe withdrawal symptoms, some overdoses, she does not forbid me to smoke weed so I roll the joint in front of her and then I went out to smoke( As an example of the confidence level, she thinks that I am fine with the help of the herb, because I smoke all day.)
She asks me every few days if I have relapsed, but I refuse to confess it, although I may do so soon, because 1500mg of tramadol a day is a lot.

I'm a mum. If my child was going through something like this I would want them to tell me so that I could do all I could to support them.

Problem with tramdaol is it is SNRI and so theres more going on than a classic opiod withdrawal. Which is why a taper is what works. So For the future, if you go down the path of an opiate treatment like methadone again, perhaps an anti depressant that is similar in function to tramdaol might help to ensure you don't get those huge urges for a relapse.

Problem with tramdaol is it is SNRI and so theres more going on than a classic opiod withdrawal. Which is why a taper is what works. So For the future, if you go down the path of an opiate treatment like methadone again, perhaps an anti depressant that is similar in function to tramdaol might help to ensure you don't get those huge urges for a relapse.
Venlafaxine helped with that part of tramadol withdrawal, but it seems to me a little dirty medication (yes, I know, the trams are dirty for some people)

I can get any antidepressant I want, no problem, tomorrow I'm going to see my doctor with my mother, I don't know if to say about my relapse and how hooked I am again.
I'm a mum. If my child was going through something like this I would want them to tell me so that I could do all I could to support them.
How old is your child? do you have more than one? I have a son, 3 years old, it is the most beautiful love I have. I lost my son's mother, she's with another man, and I'm here ... addicted and alone.
Every time I have WD´s I remember her, I dream about her all the time, she has me fucked
Probably my mother suspects my relapse, maybe I will have to say it tomorrow with the doctor, to help me, the sadness of losing the only girl I love in my life... fucked up my recovery because I got very depressed, and I returned to drugs, I have only 21 years.

Last edited:
Venlafaxine helped with that part of tramadol withdrawal, but it seems to me a little dirty medication (yes, I know, the trams are dirty for some people)

I can get any antidepressant I want, no problem, tomorrow I'm going to see my doctor with my mother, I don't know if to say about my relapse and how hooked I am again.

How old is your child? do you have more than one? I have a son, 3 years old, it is the most beautiful love I have. I lost my son's mother, she's with another man, and I'm here ... addicted and alone.
Every time I have WD´s I remember her, I dream about her all the time, she has me fucked
Probably my mother suspects my relapse, maybe I will have to say it tomorrow with the doctor, to help me, the sadness of losing the only girl I love in my life... fucked up my recovery because I got very depressed, and I returned to drugs, I have only 21 years.

My child is 4. How did you go at the doctor's? Don't take the antidepressant til you're off the tram. Is it possible to switch to a different med to stop the opiod withdrawal and go onto an anti depressant?

And I want to die sometimes

Oh dude, it's so fucken hard. Hang in there

I had a hard day yesterday I couldn't drop my taper down (was aiming to go below 100mg but I couldn't) I was so depressed which I believe is a side effect of tapering this medicine I've been on for so long, so I'm on a plateau right now not increasing but not decreasing. The depression as a symptom of the use of this drug is messed up. It really messes with our brain

I need help with kratom though on dosing and what not. I am studying the herb and have red vein kratom powder now. But I do smoke weed all day everyday living in San Diego too many pot shops every corner..but I love it

I know quite a bit about kratom and am willing to help out :) So first question I have is are you withdrawaling from anything? This can effect how big your kratom dose should be. Have you used opiates in the past? Using things like tramadol and opiates can increase your overall tolerance to similar substances, i.e. kratom. To play it safe I'd recommend trying 3-4grams in one dose. If you still feel uncomfortable and shitty, you can go up in increments of half a gram. As an overall general set of rules, kratom tends to be stimulating in the 2-3g range and more sedating in the 4-5g range. White and green strains are the most stimulating. I generally steer clear of white strains because they have the tendency to provoke anxiety. Green strains on the other hand can be great for daytime usage. I like to take green strains around noon everyday as a boost/pick me up. What I mean by this is I get mentally, and physically stimulated to a point that it makes my life easier to handle. For instance when getting stressed at work, the kratom has this way about it that helps me slow down and cut out the tension.

Ok so there are also yellow and gold strains. Many people don't like these because they seem to fall in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to stimulation or pain killing properties. I personally love gold strains and use them all the time. The best way to describe them is, that they are the step down from greens in stimulation, they are chillmode essentially. And a step above reds when it comes to sedation. With average to good pain killing properties accompanied by euphoria. I like taking 3.5g Green vein and 1.3g gold for a good afternoon with no pain and good sense of wellbeing.

And of course there are red strains that are arguably the most sedating, possessing some of the best pain relief and sedation.

Oh I almost forgot! There is a strain in its own category and that's bentuangie. It's usually a red strain that has been fermented and then left to dry. Providing the absolute best pain relief of any kratom strain and good mood enhancement. I definitely encourage you to try bentuangie when you get more familiar with kratom and your correct dosing. This strain is very potent overall and can be used successfully to help with withdrawaling and helping you to sleep at night time. Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
I've been off gabapentin for many weeks now. But as of today being down at the lowest of my tramadol taper so far, I started experiencing some really shitty withdrawals. Probably due to the length of time I've been on the crappy med that is tramadol. I took the advice of other BL's and took 100mg of gabapentin and I feel so much better. It certainly is a good med for assisting tapering

Is it possible to switch to a different med to stop the opiod withdrawal and go onto an anti depressant?

probably yes, I stopped venlafaxine a while ago, he didn't prescribe any new medication, he just told me to go tomorrow, I think he's going to give me methadone or buprenorphine. He said he was going to get me something in the hospital to help me with a reduction cone, and also to help me endure this bad time. My head and eyes hurt for cry a lot, I was talking to my mother and she's really tired of all this, that breaks my heart even more
So I think maybe my doctor will give me methadone or buprenorphine, although I don't know, maybe a cone of hydrocodone (I've been taking this for the last time, I didn't mention it in the post, because I take hydro 3 times a week and I take tramadol all days, I thought tramadol was the biggest problem, but opiates in general are my problem I guess)

Last edited: