• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe How to take suboxone without it actually absorbing to fool the person watching

I see. Makes sense. They sure as hell don’t understand addiction (old school Armenians...if I handed my mom a pound of weed and said it was some exotic spice she’d put it in the pantry). And they don’t normally give me the suboxone, but she was suspicious I was using again so I told her I’d take it in front of her to prove it. She’s seen what suboxone does if you take it too soon so assuming I didn’t go into PWD after taking the subs, she had to take my word for it. I educated her way too much 😂

That makes sense, and yeah, unfortunately sometimes it really is better to not tell family too much (context and family dynamics matter greatly here.) The obvious goal to telling family is for transparency, relief of guilt, emotional support, etc , but if the tradeoff is parents who just absolutely can not understand and the relationship is ruined because of this, those are all serious considerations for each individual. The way addiction is currently perceived in society, it's a mess from every angle, and the person battling it suffers even more because of it.

Agreed 1000%. I’m still glad I told my mom (dad not so much...he’s clueless and stays out of my business anyway so not much point in his knowing). Her constant pestering and watchful eye have, if I’m being honest, prevented a few relapses. And seeing her worry so much and likely losing sleep over it is a constant motivator. I know this goes against orthodoxy, but I would likely never get clean for myself. But for my family I’d do anything.

Hmmm...I like that. But I’m not sure I agree. Not in every case at least. Everyone says people take drugs to mask some inner problems or problems in life (like a loved one dying). Well in my case that’s not true at all. When I first started using I had a great life. I was in college, working full time, working out at 5:30am every morning. I was kicking ass and taking names. Best years of my life by FAR.

I had a root canal and the dentist gave me Vicodin for the pain. That was the first time I ever had a narcotic in my body. It literally made me happy. Like Uber happy. I couldn’t believe a pill could affect your emotional state. I was raised hardcore Christian so I always believed your emotional state was connected to your soul. Realizing that it was all chemical (EVERYTHING is chemical) was a terrible realization for me. I’m too curious, and I wanted to see what other emotional states I could achieve unnaturally so I started experimenting. Bottom line I did drugs because they were fun.

When I couldn’t find or afford the pills, I tried to quit. My brother told me opium would be a good way to ween down since it’s pretty weak. Turned out it wasn’t opium at all, it was heroin (and he knew it). Then I went to the methadone clinic (bad move) and you all can figure out the rest. Now I do drugs cause I have to, physically. And I’m psychologically hooked too no doubt. But inner problems? Fuck no, drugs have been the root cause of nearly all my problems in life. I kick the drugs to the curb, life will get better. It’s just that simple for me.

Well then you are very luck, no doubt drug abuse causes problems, but keep an open mind maybe eat some shrooms, could be some underlying thing going on, i know most addicts don’t think anything is wrong other then their drug use.. addiction is a weird disease...if not you are an outlier

Agreed, whether you become a drug addict because you were self-medicating for mental/physical issues or because you were just experimenting doesn't matter much, the brain rewires itself regardless and the survival mechanism of reward is forever changed, including receptor de- and up- regulation for tolerance and also actual physical receptors made for behavioral changes.

Well certainly the drug use itself will affect the brain, (inhibit?) the reward mechanism, etc...and the end result is a crippling loss of will power. I used to have an iron will. Now? I ask myself “do I have a better than 50/50 shot of seeing this through?” And if the answer is no, even if it’s 49/51, I just won’t bother.

It also chemically inhibits the capability for remorse. Ie, I’ll stop calling back my best friend until he falls off a grid but I won’t lose a minute of sleep over it. Sober? I’d be begging for his forgiveness.

But at the end of the day, those behavioral changes are a DIRECT result of the drug use. The only way to fix those issues is to discontinue drugs for a year. The brain is plastic, it’ll all come back. I’m fairly sure of it.

One thing I can guarantee you, you don’t need to have life issues, psychological trauma, or some deep rooted issue to become an addict. As long as drugs make you feel good, anybody who’s capable of feeling good can become addicted. ANYBODY. I truly believe that. It’s not just for those with “addictive personalities”. Introduce the right drug at the right time to anybody and there’s at least a real chance of addiction developing.

Partying is one thing, Most people know how dangerous opiates are, when you starts using daily It can sometimes be a subconscious self destructive behavior. Good luck man I hope you kick this thing while your still fairly young

If you have time

Interesting guy you can tell he’s done a lot of self reflection

That’s fantastic dude, great call. So much of what he says resonates with me. When he speaks of “I don’t lose it all, I give it away” I know exactly what he means. It goes right back to what I was saying about chemically killing your capacity for remorse. You’ll gladly watch your life blow up in front of you and I’m telling you not even a little bit of regret...not until your next detox, and then you’re hating life...til your next relapse. In case anyone questioned why it’s such a rigid cycle to beat.

But I can’t relate to being in recovery for life, and putting that before everything. If that works for them great, do it. My brother was a junkie on my level. Maybe worse, he smoked crack which I never did. Never tried pcp either but everything else is a different story. Anyway my brother met a chick, fell in love, and that was that. He lefthis drug life behind. No meetings, no bullshit. I’m planning on handling this much the same way. Whether I fall in love or not.

If those are famous last words you all will be the first to know. 😂

That’s fantastic dude, great call. So much of what he says resonates with me. When he speaks of “I don’t lose it all, I give it away” I know exactly what he means. It goes right back to what I was saying about chemically killing your capacity for remorse. You’ll gladly watch your life blow up in front of you and I’m telling you not even a little bit of regret...not until your next detox, and then you’re hating life...til your next relapse. In case anyone questioned why it’s such a rigid cycle to beat.

But I can’t relate to being in recovery for life, and putting that before everything. If that works for them great, do it. My brother was a junkie on my level. Maybe worse, he smoked crack which I never did. Never tried pcp either but everything else is a different story. Anyway my brother met a chick, fell in love, and that was that. He lefthis drug life behind. No meetings, no bullshit. I’m planning on handling this much the same way. Whether I fall in love or not.

If those are famous last words you all will be the first to know. 😂
I’m pullin for you man

Well I’ll tell you what finally worked. So there’s this stuff they give to dry out a horse’s mouth. Why they’d wanna do that I have no idea, but my friend had some. It’s called something Earth. It’s like flour but tan colored. I coated my inner cheeks with it, and stuffed a little tissue back there. The Earth shit kept it from absorbing, and I bound the strip to the tissue. The second she turned away I took those tissues out of my mouth & tossed em. Worked like a charm. And btw, I inducted smoothly today. So it’s good my mom never new. Getting me kicked out of the house would’ve been VERY bad for my sobriety.

It might of actually been good for your sobriety. Maybe you would step up and fix your behavior. Sometimes tough love is better than no love at all

It might of actually been good for your sobriety. Maybe you would step up and fix your behavior. Sometimes tough love is better than no love at all
Anything’s possible, but I’d probably say fuckit.

I used to do this, its sublingual right? They only ever watched me put it into my mouth they didnt really ask me to hang around so I would inhale a bunch of big quick breaths with my tongue sort of raised before coming up for the dose, get the area under your tongue really dry by having the dry air pass over it a buncha times, the sub should then take quite a while under there to dissolve so you end up with a pretty dry pill

Um... isnt the answer simple? swallow it and swish some spit around to make it seem like its in your mouth. if swallowed there will be no effect.