• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe How to take suboxone without it actually absorbing to fool the person watching

Shant

Bluelighter
So, I got semi busted relapsing last night. My mom could smell the tar. But she can’t be sure. So to prove it, I told her I’d take a suboxone right in front of her. Are there any tricks to make her think it absorbed and no PWD will “prove” I didn’t relapse?

Thing is I can induct tomorrow just fine but she won’t wait til then. That’s too suspicious. So I just need to beat her on this one test and I’ll be back on subs tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch. Anything will help. I’ll be needing to this in a few hours.

Shant

Well is she going to look in your mouth? Can you do a slight of hand trick? There’s not much you can do if she’s going to sit and watch you take it.

Maybe fold a piece of parchment paper under your tongue and slip into that? Lol if she looks under your fucked.

Idk man, not too many options the way I see it.

-GC

Not likely looking on the mouth. I was thinking maybe putting tape on either side of the strips. Then reseal the package (cause she will insist on cutting the package open herself) with glue.

Also, I’ve tried putting a piece of paper towel in my mouth on the about sides (between my gum & my cheek). I never take it under the tongue. The paper towel absorbs the subs, making it easier to wipe out of my mouth when she’s not looking.

Fortunately she expects them to dissolve in around a minute.

I can also swap out the orange strips for orange paper and reseal the package. I’ve done that several times but she’s probably hip to it now.

I was just hoping for a full proof method. If I fail this little test it’s back to rehab and I really don’t need it.

Her heart’s broken anyway. But she’s not an addict, she just doesn’t get that addicts go through relapses every now and again. Every relapse is a betrayal to her. Anyhow, I already know what I’m doing to her. That’s why I want to induct tomorrow.

Any practical advice would be appreciated.

Why’s that relevant? If you don’t wanna offer practical advice that’s fine.

There really is no "fool proof" method, since the situation can not be 100% controlled. Taking a whole film is going to be mad tricky, since that stuff dissolve as soon as it goes near any moisture. I used to cheek actual Suboxone tablets without them dissolving all the time, but I don't think I could pull this off with a film at all.

In the interest of harm reduction, it's probably going to be best to level with your mom. PWDs are harmful, and this can all be avoided, and is needless.

I have to agree, just be honest with your mother. Your age is somewhat relevant to try to assess complications from doing so.

I honestly can't think of anything better than you've already come up with, to be honest, it sounds like you've already put quite a bit of thought and energy into this - more so than most would realistically need to.

I've found when you rely on another human being for accountability, in these specific situations, it never works and just creates more problems for all involved. This advice may not be as relevant for you if you're younger and still live at home, though, so that question could definitely be relevant for responses to your question.

When I was 24 and still living with my parents, and a giant IV heroin gorilla on my back, the most cathartic thing I did was coming clean to my parents and asking for their help.

It came as absolutely no surprise to them, they suspected as much, but were shocked by the scope of my addiction. It was the first step I took towards getting my life back in order. Telling the people who care about me. The ones who were left anyways. I thought I had them fooled, mastered all my lies, spinning this ever more complex web of lies and excuses as to how I was still "doing fine". Of course, they saw through that shit from the beginning, and the only one who I was actually lying to and fooling was my own self. God damn did that take me a while to figure out.
Long story short, we talked for hours, figured out what options I had, and came up with a plan. It wasn't a good plan, because we have never been through anything like this before, but man do I love my parents for trying their best the only way they knew how. I decided then and there that I wasn't going to lie to them anymore, and if I started using again I'd just tell them, because it would be easier and I wouldn't lose whatever trust I had left. It's not a crime to struggle with addiction, and it doesn't make one a bad person. I was harder on myself than anyone else was on me. My parents just wanted to support me, get me the help that I need, and not lose me as their son before my life even started. Besides of my sponsor, my folks are probably the #1 source of support during hard times for me, and it makes all the difference.

What I use to do is get a strip without anyone knowing I have it, then I would use scotch tape to kind of laminate the strip so it won’t dissolve, then when given the strip do a quick switcharoo and put the taped sub in my mouth and the new sub hidden between my fingers....the things a junkie will do

Well I’ll tell you what finally worked. So there’s this stuff they give to dry out a horse’s mouth. Why they’d wanna do that I have no idea, but my friend had some. It’s called something Earth. It’s like flour but tan colored. I coated my inner cheeks with it, and stuffed a little tissue back there. The Earth shit kept it from absorbing, and I bound the strip to the tissue. The second she turned away I took those tissues out of my mouth & tossed em. Worked like a charm. And btw, I inducted smoothly today. So it’s good my mom never new. Getting me kicked out of the house would’ve been VERY bad for my sobriety.

When I was 24 and still living with my parents, and a giant IV heroin gorilla on my back, the most cathartic thing I did was coming clean to my parents and asking for their help.

It came as absolutely no surprise to them, they suspected as much, but were shocked by the scope of my addiction. It was the first step I took towards getting my life back in order. Telling the people who care about me. The ones who were left anyways. I thought I had them fooled, mastered all my lies, spinning this ever more complex web of lies and excuses as to how I was still "doing fine". Of course, they saw through that shit from the beginning, and the only one who I was actually lying to and fooling was my own self. God damn did that take me a while to figure out.
Long story short, we talked for hours, figured out what options I had, and came up with a plan. It wasn't a good plan, because we have never been through anything like this before, but man do I love my parents for trying their best the only way they knew how. I decided then and there that I wasn't going to lie to them anymore, and if I started using again I'd just tell them, because it would be easier and I wouldn't lose whatever trust I had left. It's not a crime to struggle with addiction, and it doesn't make one a bad person. I was harder on myself than anyone else was on me. My parents just wanted to support me, get me the help that I need, and not lose me as their son before my life even started. Besides of my sponsor, my folks are probably the #1 source of support during hard times for me, and it makes all the difference.
I appreciate all that, my parents know I’m a junkie and are very supportive overall. But one of the times I OD’d (on clonidine if you can believe it), the paramedics told em if I relapse they have to kick me out of my home. That threat, in their minds, is the only way to keep me clean. So sorry, if I relapse again (not planning on it now that the blue fentanyl pills are gone...only bunk counterfeits with nothing in em are still around), it’s probably best that I handle it quietly.

I've found when you rely on another human being for accountability, in these specific situations, it never works and just creates more problems for all involved.

Can you explain this?

Can you explain this?

Sure. This is especially important when it comes to addiction, the behavioral changes need to be made from within, because the person needs to be able to make autonomous decisions rooted with solid, rational decision making process. Trying to shove the responsibility off onto another human being rarely solves the root cause, and since the root cause isn't addressed, it manifests in behavior similar to the original post. It just compounds and compounds into further negative reinforcement as the individual becomes further and further isolated and rebellious as the people around him/her treat them increasingly negatively. It's a horrible cycle that eventually leads an addict to not only battling his/her addiciton, but battling it alone and isolated. This dynamic is somewhat different for someone younger still reliant on their parents and/or someone for basic life needs, so that's why the one question could have some relevance here.

Sure. This is especially important when it comes to addiction, the behavioral changes need to be made from within, because the person needs to be able to make automonos decision rooted with solid, rational decision making process. Trying to shove the responsibility off onto another human being rarely solves the root cause, and since the root cause isn't addressed, it manifests in behavior similar to the original post. It just compounds and compounds into further negative reinforcement as the individual becomes further and further isolated and rebellious as the people around him/her treat them increasingly negatively. It's a horrible cycle that eventually leads an addict to not only battling his/her addiciton, but battling it alone and isolated.
I see...makes perfect sense. But wouldn’t that be an argument not to involve your family? I’m not at all convinced telling them has helped anything. But after ODing 3 times in 1 week (not from opiates oddly enough), it would’ve been a performance for the record books to convince them I’m not a junkie.

I see...makes perfect sense. But wouldn’t that be an argument not to involve your family? I’m not at all convinced telling them has helped anything. But after ODing 3 times in 1 week (not from opiates oddly enough), it would’ve been a performance for the record books to convince them I’m not a junkie.

Not at all. Telling your family and asking for support is one thing, and a good thing, if your family understands addiction and/or you need emotional support. Asking them to take accountability for your actions, such as giving you your Suboxone, is the problematic behavior.