• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HOW TO: Splitting Nurofen Plus tablets

^^^ I've found that some batches don't split cleanly, but can still be split roughly. Anyway, if this happens and you can't get them split satisfactorily, then just crush 'em up and do a CWE.

Crazzy i split 24 n + and had no buzz just agony in my belly - be carefull ( why not extract them if you can ) im in UK here im suspicious wethar they changed the tablet as the box is now diffrent and they dont always split right for me - make up ure own mind but id stick with an extraction . . . . have fun !

Brands like solpadeine and paracodol have to compete with nurofen and the general co codamol - nurofen have no reason to make there product easily abuseable after all theres thousands of people addicted to nurofen an the apparent split of the pill is everywere online. Btw solpadeine tablets are in strips so you can rip two or four off etc and paracodol is a capsule with it already in powder form and they split into ones ( to take out rather handy eh lol )

About a year ago the UK ones split nicely, one half was convex, the other concave. As of about 10 months ago (IME) this stopped and the pills don't split easily. Since then I've stopped carefully cutting them inhalf (to seperate the two bits that are stuck together) but instead just use this razor thing I've got to cut them in half quickly and cleanly.
24 N+ halves feel the same now as they did a year ago and 36 halves (450mg) have a much stronger effect, especially when it comes to itching. I've never had itching from 300mg but 450mg its pretty noticable.

If you're really bothered just do a CWE, its piss easy with Nurofen, far more so than Solpadeine which turns into a sludge rather than settling to the bottom I find.

247 said:
yueah i agree houston but i still tink codeine should be taken at 450mg atleast
Different doses for different people. If you can get a buzz at 180mg you wouldn't want to do 450mg, it'd be unpleasant from the itching probably.

va-va-voom said:
Crazzy i split 24 n + and had no buzz just agony in my belly - be carefull ( why not extract them if you can ) im in UK here im suspicious wethar they changed the tablet as the box is now diffrent and they dont always split right for me - make up ure own mind but id stick with an extraction . . . . have fun !

I found that with a whole packet of 24, whether I CWE'd them or not I got bad stomach ache (so I guess it must be the codeine which causes it) and very little buzz, which is why I've stopped taking them. I think me and codeine just don't mix!

They are still half codeine half ibuprofen from my experience, but they don't split nicely. You'll want a sharp nice and some practice.

While in Oz it was so much easier to cut them in half since they still were two halves weakly stuck together. Took less than a minute to do 15 of them!
I could really go for some codeine, valium and a couple of beers now.....

yeah, here in oz I've only ever bought one 48 pack that weren't splittable. They're out there, it's all luck really...but most packs still come apart easily, like alpha said it takes less than a minute easy to do a sheet of 12...i just threw out the pack that wasn't splittable.

btw, the first time I took 300mg codeine I had quite a considerable itch - I'd only taken codeine twice? three times before that at much lower doses. working your way up is a better idea...taking 450mg off the bat would give you an itch annoying enough to make you wish you had antihistamines. of course, if you do, go for it, but be safe.

I went through a period of codeine binging because of the ease of getting nurofen plus and the great synergy with ganja...i'm so glad I've never had a good hydrocodone or oxy supply

im curious to try once. just dont want to ingest the other nasty stuff. even if they dont split nicely youre getting mostly codene right?

sourlemone - yes i too being in Australia have found the same thing, only once out of many times have they been unsplitable.

budley moore - well providing you didn't slpit on the inside of the codeine side, yes you would be getting the codeine, but depending on how uneven the split was you could be getting a fuck load of ibuprofen.

if they dont split, as someone said just chuck them in and do a CWE.

well, to be safe, you'd be better off just doing a CWE. it's not that difficult. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that the codeine and ibuprofen can't be pressed together due to some kind of adverse reaction? (please correct me someone if I'm wrong!) so in theory, the unsplittable pills are still half codeine half ibuprofen, they just don't break cleanly. either way, I wouldn't take the risk of a stomach ulcer...

edit: this was in answer to stars fall in's post below. I could've sworn it was above me a second ago

Last edited:
I have just moved to the UK from oz and as AlphaNumeric mentioned the N+ pills here don't seem to be in individual parts stuck together like in the photos at the begining of this thread. I have still managed to split the pills in half but am a bit skeptical/curious as to weather the pill is still divided into a codine part and an ibuprofen part since it was moulded as a single pill.

I too get the occasional pack that won't split "smoothly", not often though. Even the packs that don't split clean I still consume the 30 N+ sides. Still try and cut it with a metal ruler down the middle though, then take a sample of a N+ side and a normal side.

The N+ side should taste distinctly bitter(codeine) while the other side should have a funky dull Ibuprofen taste. Sure when they don't split cleanly you'll be getting some Ibuprofen in you, but not in great amounts so you're pretty safe. My stomach is ulcer free. Now go out and parachute that shit son....

Hmm, I tried the taste test and both sides tasted exactly the same to me. It seems strange to me that the pill would be chemically divided but be moulded entirely as a single pill. Could anyone correct me on this?

WTF, I could've sworn I've heard like 2-3 times, mods saying that the 1/2 of the tab is codeine the other 1/2 is ibuprofen thing is an urban legend.

Yeh I understand that. But that obviously started in reference to the pills in the begining of this thread, which are clearly divided into 2 parts. What I want to know is how people know that the same applies for the other type of N+ pills which are entirely pressed as a single pill.