• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to reduce thebaine in poppy tea?

Also the Country of origin of your seeds/pods are important factor as well. Seeing as selling pods is illegal now in the US and a lot of other places where do your materials come from? Your backyard garden? If so what strain are you growing.

All important relevant info related to correct answer to your inquiry.

Dried pods contain seeds... common sense

Yeah so you crack them open and pour then out :rolleyes: I don't quite think we're talking about the same thing here.

So this new batch actually ended up being much better. I still think it's a little different compared to pod batches from before, but I had a much better time going back to my old method of production. I'm gonna give it a rest though and not get any more for a while.

Somewhat relevant anecdote:
I remember getting poppy seeds a few times which came on quick, seemed to make me very talkative, itchy as all hell and really didn't quench my thirst for opioids.

Here in Australia, certain farms grow thebaine pods which I guess is good for pharmaceutical opioids and deterring thieves. Wallabies love eating the seed mush and apparently they hop around in circles after getting eating the poppy straw.

Somewhat relevant anecdote:
I remember getting poppy seeds a few times which came on quick, seemed to make me very talkative, itchy as all hell and really didn't quench my thirst for opioids.

Here in Australia, certain farms grow thebaine pods which I guess is good for pharmaceutical opioids and deterring thieves. Wallabies love eating the seed mush and apparently they hop around in circles after getting eating the poppy straw.

I wonder if that was another alkaloid besides Thebaine.

Check out this analysis...

You can see how other alkaloids can be dominant besides morphine, codeine and Thebaine.

From my searching as well as personal experience.. Thebaine is fairly short acting usually only last 45-60min, comes on pretty quick too compared to the other alkaloids. Marked with feelings of dysphoria, trouble/panicked breathing, and stimulation.

With the stuff I was taking it’d then wear off to a straight morphine/codeine buzz after that 45-60min. The only thing that I felt I liked about it was that it gave the overall experience a bit more of rush.

-GC

So you waste 70% of the alkaloid material? Ya'll opiate boiling gypsys are a real bright bunch... lol

You really have no idea what you're talking about at all in this thread do you man? If you have nothing helpful to say in a thread then don't post.

I tried a lot of these methods including colder water and they ended up fixing the problem. We can let this thread die now.

Is oxycodone harder to synthesize than heroin? Or is heroin just more profitable?

I wonder why there is raw oxy powder on the market. It's gotta be easier than diverting pills.

Is oxycodone harder to synthesize than heroin? Or is heroin just more profitable?

I wonder why there is raw oxy powder on the market. It's gotta be easier than diverting pills.

Oxy is definitely harder to synthesize than heroin. You can make heroin in a jungle with like 3 hardware store ingredients, a metal drum, opium and a campfire. Oxycodone requires a lab and a formula that not a whole lot of people could understand let alone recreate (I'm not sure how it works at all but I know it's not something a lot of clandestine labs do). Also I'm not sure that oxy powder is oxy, more often than not black market oxy is pressed fentanyl or some kinda RC powder.

If the precursors for those kind of reactions were as accessible as acetic acid, I'd say that heroin would be just one of the opioids being made in such terrain.

Oxy is definitely harder to synthesize than heroin. You can make heroin in a jungle with like 3 hardware store ingredients, a metal drum, opium and a campfire. Oxycodone requires a lab and a formula that not a whole lot of people could understand let alone recreate (I'm not sure how it works at all but I know it's not something a lot of clandestine labs do). Also I'm not sure that oxy powder is oxy, more often than not black market oxy is pressed fentanyl or some kinda RC powder.

Sorry that was a typo. Meant that there is no oxy raws on the market despite a strong demand. Getting legit blues roxies is so hard these days.

Didn't mean to hijack your topic just reminded that oxy was derived from thebaine.

Please point me to these facts you purport to exist that heating opiates has no degrative effect on their alkaloids and compounds... waiting... indefinitely I presume. You are talking out your ass.

Please point me to these facts you purport to exist that heating opiates has no degrative effect on their alkaloids and compounds... waiting... indefinitely I presume. You are talking out your ass.

You're out of your element unfortunately. Morphine (and codeine) is a hearty compound. Plenty of heat is used in the production of both heroin and cooked opium.

So you waste 70% of the alkaloid material? Ya'll opiate boiling gypsys are a real bright bunch... lol

I made poppy pod tea for years, I always used hot water and let it steep for an hour. I always got high as fuck. Once when I was travelling, I just took the powder with me, to make up on the road. Well I only had access to cold water and it gave a comparably poor result.

Take a look at how heroin is made in Afghanistan.

It is repeatedly boiled and simmered for hours at a time in both acidic and alkaline conditions. The press cake IE the leftover matter filtered out after the opium is boiled and the morphine is extracted, contains less than 0.2% morphine. Hot water is an efficient and safe way to extract morphine and the only major degradation product found in the above process is monoacetylmorphine, which is a product of heroin, not morphine and thus doesn't apply to poppy pod tea. Morphine isn't fragile when it comes to heat. Maybe if you boil it for 12 hours straight, perhaps you lose some, but not from simmering it in hot water for an hour. I would be confident in saying you'll lose far, far more in the solution that remains in the pod grounds after filtering than you ever lose to heat degradation.

But aren't there a whole bunch of other alkaloids that act synergistically and might be susceptible to heat?

I'm asking this because i would very much like to try real opium but considering the heating element, could laudanum made from whole dried poppy pods be actually better?

How about a bagel, how high will you after eating a organic poppy seed bagel? I probably never thought about it when I had one before but sure it must be very noticeable.

Too funny, well looks like I didn’t even need to respond either...

And yea anything will degrade with heat, that said I know for a fact morphine can withstand up to 160C, so boiling water won’t do shit to it. But yea keep making yourself look like an idiot, it’s fun to watch.

-GC