• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

HOW TO QUIT SMOKING ~ Mega Thread

think i'm going for it. had a few drags of what could potentially be the last for a while, at 4:20 on 10/20. random, but lol that's easy to remember. now to stay busy as fuck and ignore this.

Ironically, a few weeks ago I went to a storefront that features automatic machines that you load your selection of tobacoo and cig tubes into. I paid $28 for a carton.

I've been smoking an avg. 6 cigarettes a day for the last 4 days. They're starting to taste fucking GROSS. I feel like I'm punishing myself when I continue to smoke the whole darn thing.

I was a smoker for roughly 7 years. I've gone 4 months now without smoking. I had a 2 week hiccup where i was partying pretty hard and the cigs caught back up with me, but i cut that shit out pretty easily.

The biggest thing for me was not drinking for the first month i had quit. that's definitely key. I think I'll always smoke when I do uppers, but that's not nearly as common for me as it used to be.

ya i never intend to deprive myself of cigs when partying (but to be clear, i WOULD if partying were a regular/routine part of my life)

beagle/any other FL folk - check out FL quit line. you call, spend maybe 35-40min total on the phone between setup and "counselor" that you talk to, and you get a free 2week supply of nicotine patches. 7-10d delivery from day you call, and you get your own counselor to follow up with :) 877-822-6669

My recipe:

Get drunk one night, smoke 2 pack throughout the night. Wont be able to look at cigarettes for the next few days and then cold turkey. I have been cigarette free for the past few months!

Homer_Cigarettes.jpg

agrees

I'm about three weeks out and it's smooth sailing.

I smoked Newports so the menthol in these really helped me

143_0.jpg

Good luck!

:D

got tired of waiting on my freebie patches taking forever to arrive, just grabbed some of the 21mg's. Just gotta verify I can cut these things into pieces w/o altering the release rate and....then it is time :|

anyone sucessful quitting smoking from using the patch? or zyban? .

Yes i did quit smoking while on the patch then Wellbutrin (generic Zyban).
I first quit using just the patch but figured it wouldnt hurt using Wellbutrin, so two weeks in i went on that pill.
The most important thing about quitting smoking is that you HAVE TO WANT TO.
If you dont really wanna quit and try to stop smoking, you will fail.

Ive started smoking since i stopped. I was not smoking close to 6 months then a weekend in Vegas fucked that all up:X

I am thinking about the benefits of hypnosis to stop smoking. At least it would involve a trained practitioner. Would want it to be someone....Mainstream, caring. Someone that doesnt need their ego stroked. Like a PotLuck Glory hole. day at the races. run wat your brung

^when did you stop counting? like, how long b4 it stopped being in the forefront so to speak?

I scooped a box of (7) 21mg patches (my current level of smoking would require like ~5mg patches at most), so gonna slice 'em up and start...tomorrow morning i think. feels proper to do it that way lol (will probably throw like 10mg of patch on at bedtime - the idea is once a patch touches my skin i'm DONE, 100.0%, excepting of course when doing ndtitl, if i even care to smoke cigs next time that i do any proper ndtitl)

/Note: i don't believe all patches can just be cut up like i'm talking about, and still give reliable time-release.
//the box i got was like $15, and is a generic/store-brand product.

I thought about the 7mg patches but I could score a pair of shoes from Marshalls or TJ Maxx for the price! They are NOT $15 around here.

Someone at work asked me how long it was that I quit this week and I could not remember. I guess I stopped counting after 30 days. I wrote my quit date on the calendar SEPT 17. In the first month I went to 2 parties and a dinner where drinking and weed was involved and was able to avoid temptation so I knew I was in the clear. Most of my friends don't smoke. My husband does :( It was not an issue to my "sobriety" before and it isn't now. I am very particular about what I smoke.

I had the opportunity to use patches and the minty oral tablet that ya suck on. Done it for less than two weeks and worked great. Though i was in care of a psych facility. When i got out i didnt even crave a cig but then again i didnt have any patches or suckers so back to the habit.

I've tried the patch and I've tried hypnotism. Neither worked, but then, in retrospect, I don't think I wanted it bad enough.

Now I'm going to try meditation and keeping a cigarette journal (write down the circumstances surrounding every cigarette you smoke as to make you more aware of the habit and less mechanical). The more I exercise the more I want to quit.

Old thread here.

But anyways I just got a script for the patches I believe 14 mgs. I'm going to make a start date. I just cant keep smoking, first off it stinks, doesn't get you high and then you develop health problems.

God I hope I can do this.<3

It CAN be you.

This is my second time quitting. Smoked for 15-16 years, quit for 5 years, smoked 2 years, and quit again.
This time is for good. This habit just does not make sense.