• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to Hallucinate on DXM?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He is asking how to get visuals from DXM, whether it can happen or not. He didn't ask "WILL I GET VISUALS IF I TAKE SOME DELIRIANTS WITH MY DXM?!?!" Like if your going to say something so fucking stupid, why not just go ahead and be like "what you do is, you smoke 50mg of DMT with your DXM!!"

The Winner!!,

At least if he takes DMT with his DXM, the 5ht2a agonist properties of the DMT will prevent any possible NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity (for a short time, anyway ;))

Xtc <3,

Speaking of DXM dreams, I had the craziest one the other night on 444mgs poly. In the "dream" aliens were sterilizing women all over the globe through energy bursts which came up through the ground. No women were able to have children anymore, and this caused some to go completely insane. Some women were beyond caring and lost the ability to interact in a human way. Some would let themselves be strapped to men's vehicles. The vehicles were comprised of metal and some sort of organism, and the women would let the organism grow up around them. The women were the brains for these vehicles; anything the men wanted to do with the vehicle, the women would fulfill it. There were these crazy limbs coming from the vehicle and these were also controlled by the women. If a guy wanted a beer, the woman would extend this spidery limb clutching the drink. The women were totally gone mentally; their minds were like computers at this point; no ego to speak of, just computation without awareness. Pretty damned spooky! It's funny how a DXM dream can be so frickin' strange. I don't think of things like that normally (not with my day-to-day conscious layer anyway).

Kind of an old thread but I thought I'd chime in. Did quite a bit of dexter.

I think hallucinate is the wrong word. Modify may be more correct. Although pure raw hallucinations have happened, I've had few. My friend had some bold ones. My best experiences are with distance perception, spatial awareness, and CEV's that are like movies.

I've had my room appear larger than a football field. I've had my room also feel like a shoebox in space separate from any other house. I've had CEV's involving me completing missions. flying through the universe, fixing things, destroying aliens etc... These were engrossing closed eye stories.

I think you have to just lay back and let it do its thing.

I only get CEV's really not matter what dose I take. I get some slight disturbances in my visual field but thats about it. The mindspace it puts me in is what I go after. Thats my favorite part of the Dextro-Verse :D

I like this thread =D

DXM produces many kinds of hallucinations. Let me list the ones I have had:

~~~

1. CEVs/OEVs in semi darkness

These are the easiest to reproduce. Basically all you do is open your eyes in a near-dark room. Let only an itty-bitty amount of light in. The feedback/echo properties of your mind on DXM will produce crazy LSD-like visuals. For me these look like pseudo-geometric lines that will sometimes form imaginary 3d shapes. For instance, if I look out into the dark room expecting to see a desk, I will see a fundamentally modified desk not resembling the real article.

2. 3D imagination

I consider a chemically enhanced imagination a form of hallucination. These imaginings are usually achieved with eyes closed. 3D rotating structures are common. Imagine the most complex 3d structure right now. With DXM, that structure has a complexity tenfold, often one hundredfold what you can imagine baseline. I'm not kidding. This is where DXM's power lies.

3. Crystal-clear CEVs

These may or may not be bright, but they are clear. If you look at a watermark on a picture, is it not there? These hallucinations are truly clear, more sharp than what my eyes can now see at age 32. These are more difficult to reproduce. I once saw a complete cellular automaton simulation that I have been desperately trying to reproduce with computer programming. It was a coherent, stable system calculated at a resolution and speed faster than a computer can produce even at today's speeds and with low-level programming.

4. Stacked awareness

This one is my favorite. Imagine a perfectly-functioning brain. Now imagine fifty such awarenesses stacked on top of each other. It's like illuminating a bunch of holograms and viewing them all at once. It's like what our brains *could* be, if only we as a species could agree on how to go about enhancing our humanity without all the stupid hangups.

~~~

There are combinations of all these types of course.

I have a theory about DXM's effect on the brain if you care to listen. I think that the mind is like a pool of water. Under normal circumstances the surface of the pool has many waves. Thoughts cause waves, emotions cause huge waves. DXM calms the surface so-to-speak, so that through a smooth surface we can clearly see what is underneath. DXM's power lies not at what it makes your body feel like, or what hallucinations it produces, but mostly in how it calms the mind to see clearly what lies underneath. It is for this reason that I consider DXM not a low-life kiddie drug, but a powerful tool for personal growth. It's a remarkable coincidence that it became a cough suppressant.

If only the afterglow lasted longer 8)

^ I like your analogy of a pool of water, I have not had the privilege to taste any dissociative drugs, but this is how I imagine the effects pretty much.

I'm not sure about higher doses, but even around 300-400mg of DXM I notice distortions in objects, size distortions, more intense/glowy light, lower visual and auditory "framerate", and even some CEVs. I'm excited because tomorrow I'll be taking 600mg for my first 3rd plateau trip :D I can't wait!

I dont really get visuals with it, the most I get is if I close my eyes all the static I normally see freezes and stops moving
but thats the most I get, even on 900mg doses

i find that when taking more than 1000mg of dxm the visuals are of equal intensity to 25i nbome, although very different they still just as crazy

its more distortions and movement in the dimensions of objects, for example the distand to your feet might look like 1 metre one minute then 100 metres the next

Your gonna assume this is odd here, but honestly, driving. I have taken dxm plenty of times and never actually tripped tripped just had distorted vision. Well, i drove home once, and it's almost like a high shroom/normal lsd experience. I dont quite no why

Last time i took 800g DXM with 12 gs Morning Glory seeds. At some point in the trip i blacked out and turned into a chair ,was totally fine about that ( as far as a chair can be fine about anything). Not much visual activity but sheer madness. I wonder how many people got their ass kicked to outer space by trying to get fucked up on this sure harmless legal high lol

Have any of you trief spinning around on high doses? this always trips me extremly out, it seems like the picture stands still while spinning until you stop. Jumping on a tromplin sure is crazy too :)

Last edited:
Last time I took DXM to trip I took 150mg + 225mg an hour later, I guess. Honestly, it didn't feel comfortable at all at first and perhaps I threw up to get my mind off the nausea. But it was very cleansing then and I had a magnificent metaphoric hallucination with my eyes closed, I was passing through a line bridge over a precipice with a wild river at the bottom. I wasn't really fully immobilised, I sat up on my couch at some point and I started watching Boards of Canada videos on YouTube on my laptop. My senses were numbed in a usual way as from a dissociative, so I could easily float away when I closed my eyes. The music took me really far away, I felt as if I was travelling through the most distant parts of my mind, it actually felt much like my mind was almost one with the consciousness around me, my thoughts had very unusual patterns and it felt as if I was drifting on a very slow wave and the rhythm was steady.

I felt kind of dumb for a few days after the experience but I was peaceful in an unusual way. I used to take a dissociative when I felt I had too much stuff going on in my head so I could stop it and re-focus my thoughts. And this time it felt like a major re-focus. This experience drastically changed my attitude towards myself and my life, and whenever I seem to lose control again, I come back in my thoughts to this experience. So to anyone who says DXM is not visionary and only a dirty trip, I completely disagree. It's definitely demanding and it may not pay off at all to take it, but there's something about DXM that makes it quite different than ketamine for instance and it makes it feel superior in a way. I guess it may be due to DXM's serotonergic effects, perhaps also sigma agonism plays a role too. I wonder how DXO and various analogues of DXO would feel like.