• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to Hallucinate on DXM?

S-R said:
Drop some Magnesium 3-4 hours before you dose, seemed to work for me.
That helps with what? the comedown? I'v heard magnisium helps calm people down and helps in relief jaw cleching?
what kind of work?

tunedOut said:
That helps with what? the comedown? I'v heard magnisium helps calm people down and helps in relief jaw cleching?
what kind of work?
Yes, alot of people use it in combination with MDMA to relive jaw tension. But, when combined with DXM theres a theory which says it can potentiate the DXM. As I said, seemed to work for me.

tunedOut said:
higher doses of DXM, marijuana/hash, and sensory depravation. Dxm isnt much of a visionary drug anyways.
about the hangover, Dont drink booze, drink less tussin, smoke more weed.

Exactly. DXM has a synergy with Cannabis so just get yourself really stoned. It's not meant to be a very visual drug by itself.

The time I did it I got amazing open eye visuals. I downed the bottle of syrup then went outside and stiched myself with a huge bucket (that's a gravity bong to you I think).

I was stoned to fucked listening to music for an hour or so then I opened my eyes and noticed I was absolutely off my face and there were amazing patterns everywhere.

unfortunatly i haven't had the chance to smoke whilst still dex-tripping, but the last time i tripped i smoked a blunt when i was coming down. i didn't necessarily start tripping again, but it was a very, very wierd high. very giggly, random and semi-delusional.

Yeah, weed will definately create a very strange high when smoked after the peak of DXM and while coming down. I usually don't do DXM unless I have some smoke on hand.

Also, to answer your question about hallucinating, I always turn my shower on, turn off the lights, and sit down in the shower. I only do this at doses under 800mg because larger doses will put me at a higher risk of personal injury. For some reason, if I try to catch visuals on DXM in a regular dark room, they get 'boring' rather quickly. In the shower where I have hot water raining upon my body, it seems to keep the visual field extremely entertained, fast, and 'fun'. Music also seems to change how the 'visuals' on DXM act. Peace.

Never actually thought about it, but CBD inactivates some p450 enzymes, can't remember which ones, but it may explain the synergy or potentiation when you smoke weed on DXM.

I am a very experienced DXM user. I have been doing it for so many years that i have lost count. A couple of times ago in the period of three days (without sleep so that the trip would build up) i took up to 90 triple C pills and tripped for a week and a half strait. I have done it every day for summers strait. It really is a good drug i believe. Walk into safeway walk out drinking dymatab. haha and the funny thing is no one can do fuck about it. When smoking bud with dxm it raises your high alot. Iv smoked on higher dosages and felt my eyesballs crack while dilating. It felt good.

^ Triple C's are not to be used, do a search on here for "coricidin" and you'll see why..

Blowmonkey said:
Never actually thought about it, but CBD inactivates some p450 enzymes, can't remember which ones, but it may explain the synergy or potentiation when you smoke weed on DXM.

Well, this is interesting..

"CBD is a powerful inhibitor of cytochrome P450 isozymes 3A4, 2C19, and 2D6" (Bornheim et al. 1994; Bornheim and Grillo 1998) Meaning it inhibits CYP2D6, what metabolizes DXM, what thus accounts for the potentiation of the substance. Nice!

about 350-550 mgs and some nice bud does the trick for me. awesome light patterns in the dark or closed eyed. Wut I think really does the trick is a complete dark room except one light that has some kind of motion effect to it. That seems to give the CEVs a foundation to run off of. What I use is this christmas time globe covered in about 150 tiny lights. It's programable so the entire ball can fade to light and dark again, or bands of light move across the globe.

---
At doses of ~180 milligrams, I notice color enhancement, increased sense of significance of objects, trails, and visual patterning (a 'grid' on the surface of objects). These effects are noticeable even in daylight (though I feel that, for me, DXM has a much stronger affinity for the dark). Closed eye visuals at this level consist of the same geometric grids seen with eyes open, shot through with the occasional flash of color. Imagination and memory are considerably enhanced, but not to the level of the 'virtual world' sort of experiences that I notice at higher doses.
At ~300 milligrams, I often begin to strongly notice a diminishing frame rate for my visual field, in addition to the intensification of the all of the above mentioned effects. At this level, I typically become entranced by everday objects as if they were works of art. The folds in a towel, or a crumpled cigarette box in a gutter, become portals - everything in the Infinite, the Infinite in everything. At this level, closed eye visuals can be cinematic scenes of my own past, visually-represented analysis of the outcomes of possible courses of action, apparently exterior signals ('memories' of events that didn't happen to Cliff, entity contacts, etc.,), or multi-coloured continually evolving fractal landscapes.
At doses of ~500 milligrams, I often notice severely diminished frame rate, in addition to microscopia/macroscropia. Very large objects may look quite small, and small objects may appear as though huge. My ability to judge distance also begins to become affected, what with the "zooming in and out." I remember one experience in which a friend who was sitting next to me on a couch appeared as though he were at the opposite end of a very long hallway. I sometimes notice double-vision at this level. Sometimes my visual field may appear as though tilted at a 90 degree angle.
In the dark, combined with prolonged meditation, I have experienced fully-formed 3-D open-eye visuals at ~500 milligrams. In one experience, after re-entering my body, I opened my eyes and watched all the shadows in the room (formed by streetlight coming in through my window) swirl together into the 3-D shape of a 'man' (formed entirely of shadow substance) in a fedora, standing at the foot of my bed. This phenomena lasted perhaps 5-10 minutes before abruptly dissipating, all the shadows whirling apart and returning to their respective locations in the room. Feeling in need of some water from my kitchen, I swung myself over to the edge of the bed just in time to see the floor recede away from me down an infinitely long corridor. I looked up at the ceiling and watched it do the same. It seemed as though my bed, dress of drawers, closet, and walls were all floating in an infinite expanse, supported by nothing.
On the wall opposite my bed, I saw a ladder extending beyond the length of the wall in both directions, up and down into infinity. I remained aware the entire time that I was on a drug, and that the visual effects I was experiencing were the result of the drug I had ingested. However, even knowing these facts, it took me a good 10-15 minutes to absolutely decide not to try to jump over to the ladder and climb into infinity. The effect eventually dissipated, and I got and went to the kitchen for some water. Closed eye visuals at this level can be fully interactive virtual worlds. I also have had the sensation that I can see through my closed-eyelids.
At doses of ~600-700 milligrams I have experienced size distortion to such an extent that, for instance, I have appeared to myself as though I were three stories tall, trying to reach down and get a glass of water (no bigger than a thimble) on the floor stories beneath me. Everyday objects may appear as though they are intensely significant, in addition to my having little comprehension of their nature or function. I remember it once taking me several minutes of staring at a DVD player to realize what the fuck it was. (before anyone makes any snide comments, I have experienced similar effects on large doses of acid)
Frame rate is typically very low at this point - I can turn my head from the left to the right very quickly, and for several seconds I will still be "seeing" the left side of the room. This can be disconcerting. Shapes may appear severely distorted, with (for instance) people's faces becoming triangular blocks on their heads. There may be moments of loss of contact with the stream of sensory input from one;s environment, even with eyes open. In one experience, it seemed that I could feel 'etheric energy' rushing through me, flipping my perspective from one side of the room to the other, while my body remained stationary. In rapid succession, I would be seeing the room from my sitting vantage point - then be on the opposite side of the room, looking into my own face and everything behind me - then be on the ceiling looking down at everything - then be over in the corner - then be back in my sitting vantage point. Frequently, everything fades into a warm glowing Light - or, sometimes, cold abysmal darkness.
At doses of ~1000 milligrams, I have experienced complete perceptual breakdown. Extended periods of complete ego-less immersion in quantum/cosmic events, 'spirit travel' through the 'realm of the dead,' and various other 'far-out' experiences often occur whether the eyes are open or closed. As this effect fades, it does so in stages, so that in some stages there can be quite fantastic mixtures between my environment and my interior experiences. Effects at this level have been quite as strong as breakthrough doses of DMT. I remember that while in the recovery phase of one 'fourth plateau' experience, I was being driven around in car by two friends. While the car, my friends, and myself appeared
exactly as we should have, everything outside the car was not Norman, OK (the site of my 'trip'), but rather, London, England (where I once had the pleasure of spending a summer). Everything was perfectly rendered.
---
I am not enzyme deficient. Smoking cannabis considerably intensifies these effects. Sometimes, due to meditation, darkness, and cannabis, these effects can manifest at lower dose levels. Sometimes my DXM trips aren't very visual at all, with only the color enhancement, trails, enhanced sense of significance, and patterning manifesting, even at high doses. The above is by no means an exhaustive account of weird visual activity I've had while using DXM.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

DXM has definately given me some interesting visual experiences, even at the 300-400 mg range without cannabis or other "booster" drugs. When i do DXM, i actually prefer not not use any other drugs along with it, including cannabis, because i just like to experience the "pure" DXM mindstate.

Cannabis smoked with DXM tends to make my trips much more recreational and substantially increases the visuals, but it also seems to put my mind into more of a "lets have a good time in wierd fucked up land" than actually trying to explore my conciousness.

Anyway Cliff, i also live in Norman, OK,(don't know if you still live there, but if so it would be pretty interesting to trip with someone who appreciates and enjoys DXM, because basically all of my friends dismiss it as a "kiddie high" and just smoke bud and drink) and ive read through some of your posts regarding DXM, and it seems like our bodies respond quite similar to the drug. I've tried ketamine both nasally and IMed, smoked PCP on several occaisions, but DXM still remains my disassociative of choice, and one of my drugs of choice, with only strong opiates taking the cake for me in terms of pleasure.

I've been a sleeper on this board for a while because ive really cut down my drug use, stopped smoking cannabis,(at least for now) and just use DXM once every few weeks and ocaisionally eat mushrooms. I also still drink ocaisionally.

I'm guessing you've also gotten plenty of shit regarding your DXM use, but for me it's one of those drugs that i find extremely profound, even more so than phens and tryptamines.(well, LSD edges out DXM by a small amount in my case) I usually take doses within the 800-900 mg range, which usually produces a high third and perhaps a low fourth plateau experience, and even without boosters, i get full 3D CEVs and OEVs every time, along with some amazing "OBEs".

For those who really don't enjoy DXM because of side effects, which used to be so in my case, 2-3 25 mg benadryls tend to completely erase the itch, and i don't feel any difference in the actual experience, other than reduced nausea and complete lack of "robo itch". It's probably not the safest thing to do, but without the itch, i find DXM EXTREMELY pleasurable.

I'm rambling i know, but i've found that since i've stopped smoking cannabis,(it's been exactly a month) i can enjoy other drugs alone, including DXM, without a weed booster. For example, when i was an all day every day smoker, i was never really satisfied with any psychedelic experience(and yes, i consider DXM a psychedelic) until i smoked a bowl to boost the effects, usually just DXM or psilocybin mushrooms. Since i've stopped, for some odd reason, my trips are just as intense as they used to be when i smoked as a booster, and my clarity of mind seems improved.

Don't get me wrong, i still find cannabis quite pleasurable, but for me it seemed to diminish the pleasure of other psychedelics unless i smoked when i was using it frequently.

This has also been discussed frequently, but disassociatives in general tend to make me feel more egocentric, which i find both good and bad. Thankfully, after a few days without using a disassociative, i usually go back to "normal".

DXM for me is really more of a "serious" drug, and i always find myself meditating in an almost catatonic state, traveling from one plane to another in matters of seconds. I see DXM as a "dark" drug, in the sense that when im on a high dose of it, i feel "dead".
Of course, i don't know what death feels like, but i would imagine a near death experience to be similar to a high dose of a disassociative, but not nearly as pleasurable, hehe.

Unfortunately, i ran out of powder recently, and even though i have had some amazing DXM trips through syrup, the taste is just so bad that even though after the drug kicks in, i usually feel that it's worth the taste, i just dread having to chug down the rancid liquid known as robo max.

I'll probably do DXM again either tomarrow or next week, even though ill have to use syrup, but since i've just recently came back to BL, ill most likely post up a trip report, while i'm on the drug if possible.

To sum up my rambling, i find DXM to be one of the most profound spiritual catalysts out there, and i always feel great after a trip, with an "afterglow" effect lasting well into the next day. For those who haven't enjoyed DXM who have only tried it once or twice, consider giving it another try and be sure to spiritually prepare yourself for the experience and be in a comfortable setting. I find 700 mg of DXM, plus sitting outside on a deck meditating to aphex twin to be one of the most incredible, spiritual, and generally pleasurable drug experiences i've had the privalige to enjoy. Let's just hope it stays legal, which i imagine it will, due to the fact that it's not much of a "party drug", imo.

Last edited:
Can't really see hallucinating on dxm should be a prob? But alright, if you want to avoid thenm, maybe take a few alprozalam's or the like, half an hour or so before? Or just find yourself another drug ;-)

Coricidin C&C. Pop no more than 9 or 10 tabs (There are other ingrediants which can seriously harm you, use with caution). After I split a box with a friend, we were trashed within 45 minutes. Very light headed, felt angry about things and reacted violently to a few situations. Mushroom-like hallucinations began after 1.5 hrs. Overall, alot of fucking fun!

I tried dxm for the first time a few weeks ago. I took 360 mg and at first the only visuals i had were distortion of the light. lines in my vision were trailing off the light bulb above me. Then i smoked some weed and fuck it didnt help oev's but it helped me slip in and out of trance like state. Unfortunatly i was tired as hell when i did this and found it very hard to bring anything back from my travels. One trance i was in i vaguely remember being in a back street alley of some sort with lots of bright white lights. I was discussing something with a man in a black suit. I'm not sure what we were discussing but i was kindof suggesting answers to a question. I remember him saying no i was wrong untill finally he said "yes, thats right". At that moment i awoke from my trance like state with what id been told and turned to my friend to tell him what it was. I felt as though id been almost enlightened if you will. I felt the need to get this out to my friend before i forgot it. Unfortunatly i was so wasted that i couldnt say more than 3 words without breaking out into laughter, even those 3 words were mumbled and hard to understand. eventually i forgot what i needed to tell him. Sinse then it has had me wondering constantly about what it could have been. I am not at all thinking i hit a level 4 or 5 trip and was actually enlightened but the feeling was like i was struck with a sudden jolt of realisation.

Black Sabbath said:
Coricidin C&C. Pop no more than 9 or 10 tabs (There are other ingrediants which can seriously harm you, use with caution). After I split a box with a friend, we were trashed within 45 minutes. Very light headed, felt angry about things and reacted violently to a few situations. Mushroom-like hallucinations began after 1.5 hrs. Overall, alot of fucking fun!

I personally wouldn't recommend using CCCs AT ALL. IMO if you're going to take DXM, get the powder, and if you can't get a hold of pure powder, just deal with the syrup. Combining DXM with other cold medications, especially saying you popped 9 or 10 tabs of CCC, is a really stupid idea imo if you care at all about your body, due to the large amount of antihistimines and i think CCCs have pseudoephedrine in them as well. DXM alone is already(not proven, but take caution) a fairly risky substance to indulge in.

My friend took Robitussin pills and said he was sitting on his bed listening to music and he was existing adn going through all the waves of sound that was being created by the music. That sounds pretty fun. Can u get Robisussin pills at any health or drug store. Also how much cough syrup do u need to take to het a DXM high.

I have had several true hallucinations while on dxm. It is one of the few substances I have tried (and I have tried alot) that can transport me into a wholely different reality than from where I began before imbibing, which is not to say that this happens regularly though. Dose + chance I guess. But I have also had numerous hallucinations while remaining in the reality that i know as everyday reality. For instance, once I observed the t.v. stand table turn into blue t.v. static, still maintaining the exact shape of the tv stand, and it then proceeded to move upwards at a cartoonish angle, until it disapeared into an infinity point. I have also seen several times this red fishing net like grid that seems to float above me, always near the ceiling, very tranquil...as if it were actually floating. Then there are the CEVs. I read a perfect description of it once on the net, forget where, but this person reffered to the cevs from dxm as "the dxm wacky cam". And that made perfect sense to me. Fast paced, hyper colored, morphogenic wackiness. I've had friends who do not get these effects, and I have had others who hallucinate much harder than I do. That's just the way it is I guess...

I concur.
stay away from the Corocidin if you care at all about your health.
I've stuck mostly to low dose DXM. Closing my eyes and looking at phosphenes, I get monochromatic, rotating geometric patterns (very different from the colored fractals I see on serotonergics). The weird thing is, nowadays I can see these patterns faintly on a theraputic dose of DXM.

ebola