• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to Hallucinate on DXM?

That's what I took Corocidin, that was a bad trip never doing that again. All I could do was lay there in bed my heart rate and pulse dropped it was terrible stay away from those.

ebola! said:
I concur.
stay away from the Corocidin if you care at all about your health.
I've stuck mostly to low dose DXM. Closing my eyes and looking at phosphenes, I get monochromatic, rotating geometric patterns (very different from the colored fractals I see on serotonergics). The weird thing is, nowadays I can see these patterns faintly on a theraputic dose of DXM.

ebola

I've noticed that also. Odd isn't it? DXM "visuals" for me at high doses mostly manifest themselves in "OBEs", which are usually more concrete and "real", but i also frequently get the geometric patterns that you speak of too, mostly very low contrast, but sometimes very vivid at the same time.

I have no idea if this is a form of HPPD, but i seem to get faint geometric patterns(eyes closed) when im sober also, all the time since i started using disassociatives.(PCP first, then Ketamine, then DXM, i guess ill count N2O also) I had done several trypts and phens before that, but only started experiencing this after disassociative use. It's not nescessarily negative, actually pretty entertaining before bed sometimes, heh.

What an odd and intriguing class of drugs, that's why im so interested in DXM, other than pleasure.

Freekazoid said:
So I'm a pretty experienced DXM user. I first tasted it a year and half ago. Back then I just achieved any affects I could get. Since then I have embarke don maybe 15 or so robo-trips[no access to pure dxm]. Usually ranging in the 300-400 mg area. You see I weigh 120lbs, at 5'7" so my body doesn't require much of any drug to get me high.

But since the beginning of my trips, I've only ever gotten CEV twice. Once on 300mgs while lying on a coat, I hadn't eaten all day, the other after 300mg and smoking hash-oil.

Now I'd really like to achieve full OEVs. Last night i took 600mgs, an hour later[when it kicked it..damn robo-cough caps] i took app 8 shots of whiskey[to boost it..didn't do much]. Last night all i felt was 10x heavier, music was intense and i felt at times like i was watching my body from a position other than my eyes lol. Not what i was really going for. I felt great, but the whole thing felt mildly dream-like. Idon't remember much of it.
So my question: How would you go abotu gettin full-visuals from DXM? Should a gram of bud using gravities and 600mgs do much?
Or should i shoot for the 750-900mg range? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And anyone ahve any ideas how to get rid of the dreaded hangover? I felt like strungout on opiates all morning, minus the good relaxed feeling which was replaced by feelign mildly sick.
and advice?

The only time Ive got visual with dxm was one of the first time i did dxm from syrup . And i remember the syrup had other active chemical .
It was a close eyes visual .
I did large dose of dxm like 5 times with pure dxm powder and no visual .
I reached the 3RD plateau one time and no visual .

Dxm do not give any visual for me . I believe its other chemical in syrup with dxm .

I always get visuals on DXM, but it's not really a drug that i take for visual purposes. If you want colorful, trippy visuals, eat some mushrooms.

DXM is a disassociative, which means it's basically meant to seperate your mind from your body, which i think it does very well, along with great sound distortions/enhancments(my favorite part).

I love DXM, but imo it's really not at all a substitute for serotonergic psychedelics, in a completely different class with completely different effects.

Robo Curt said:
I am a very experienced DXM user. I have been doing it for so many years that i have lost count. A couple of times ago in the period of three days (without sleep so that the trip would build up) i took up to 90 triple C pills and tripped for a week and a half strait. I have done it every day for summers strait. It really is a good drug i believe. Walk into safeway walk out drinking dymatab. haha and the funny thing is no one can do fuck about it. When smoking bud with dxm it raises your high alot. Iv smoked on higher dosages and felt my eyesballs crack while dilating. It felt good.
dude, at one point i considered coricidin, not dxm, a wonder drug, however i began doing it daily, fortunately that didn't last long as i got busted by my parents, - coricidin in particular is horrible for you, and yes it is completely wonderful, i think it is like x is some ways, but the antihistamine in it will burn you out, it works your blood vessels too hard, and ovverall your heart too hard, i thought i was going to have a heart attack so many times, and i was only 19, i think, -anyway i suggest you try pure dxm, you can still get a very trippy experience, it may not be quite as wonderful, but you still have an experience-plus if you have only done coricidin, then you don't know what dxm is really llike, i've read moderators say that too,-stop doing the coricidin, its too good, its too available, and not against the law- trust me its too easy to be a relatively safe drug, i really thought i was going to die sometimes, instead of cough and cold, just do cough

Combining DXM and weed was never a positive experience for me. It leaves me unable to focus my eyes on anything, and I am generally mind-fucked in a very bad way. It's not too bad if there are NO lights on however. Just my two cents...

Summer of Love said:
Cannabis smoked with DXM tends to make my trips much more recreational and substantially increases the visuals, but it also seems to put my mind into more of a "lets have a good time in wierd fucked up land" than actually trying to explore my conciousness.

my experience with weed and dxm was pretty similar. i wasnt really concerned with going on those mind-blowing close-eyed journeys that high doses of dxm induce as much as i just wanted to walk around listening to music and watching the lunar eclipse[which was insanely cool btw]

that combination also made me rather delusional, but they were pretty harmless. i thought that i had caused the lunar eclipse because my brain was "emitting powerfuly disrupting waves of psychic energy." as i told the people i was with.

just typical nonsense from someone tripping nuts ;)

oh, and as someone said earlier, music can play an important part in what kind of CEVs you'll have on DXM. i always select music for a robo trip that will induce the type of journey i want to have. ive had some awesome exeperiences doing that, especially when i first started doing dxm. ambient music or music with strong thematic qualities are ideal.

also, im not sure if someone has already suggested this, but try laying in a dark room with a strobe light on. on a third plateau trip this induced some amazing patterns of colors and some extremely vivid CEVS.

ive done dxm a fair amount of times, the first couple times felt like i was drunk, the next couple from the ccc, corciden cold and cough, got me fucked up, i saw my body from the corner of my room, it was an out of body experience the only one i ever had.

You people saying that DXM is not visual are crazy. DXM is number two of all time for visuals for me. It would be number one were it not for DMT. And even then, its a close call.

I've seen a bed turn into a swimming pool, a goddess (Isis in her full glory) come out of a wall, my ceiling dissolve into a mountain... fuck now I want to robo-trip. I knew I should have stayed out of this thread - robo-tripping is not a good thing for me anymore. I've done way over 30 trips with it.

DXM for me is more of a body high and mind fuck than a psychedelic/visual thing. Up to 1.2g...

More of a body high when combined with pot...

hmm I just got 900mgs[in the form of Robo Cough Caps] and about a dimebag.
can't wait till next weekend lol.
Should I take the pills[spread abotu 10 minutes inbetween taking 10 pills] and when I start feeling it, pack a bowl?
or what would u suggest? smoking at the peak?

This thread brings back a lot of memories.

My experience with dissociative psychedelics includes all the main suspects: ketamine, DXM, PCP, and nitrous. I will refrain from talking about nitrous because it is not usually considered a 'primary' intoxicant to a psychedelic experience.

Of the other three dissociatives, I prefer DXM as the most profound experience.

Before I delve into DXM, let me spend a moment on the others.

Ketamine is an excellent tool for exploration of human consciousness, but seems to lack the intensity of the DXM experience for me. Before long after the intramuscular injection of ketamine, my ego is gone and I am simply a floating entity. I am returned quickly to my body and forced to reintegrate with my environment. It has come to my attention that the lack of side effects and the short duration of the experience tends to lead me (and many other people I know) into using the drug as a pure escapist one. My mind seems to believe that each experience gets me closer to finding what I term "god consciousness", and it is hard for me to control my usage.

PCP is a whole 'nother beast. My strongest PCP experience was probably the strongest pure dissociative experience in my life. As the method of ingestion (usually) involves smoking, PCP hits even harder then intramuscular injection. It is extremely hard to titrate your dosage. During my strongest experience, I was quickly sent into the Matrix, bodyless and floating. I thought I had killed myself for a little while, until I realized I could still somehow speak, which kept me seemingly grounded. I wasn't able to move for the vast majority of the experience, it was completely out of the question. I experienced a profound spiritual rebirth the next day, but I felt extremely sick coming down from the peak which tainted the whole experience. I have worries about the neurological damage caused by PCP; I have seen it first hand in friends. The fact that PCP carries stimulant properties as well as dissociative does not seem to go well. A "friend" that was addicted to PCP "came to" in a psych ward after walking around on a "blackout" dosage of PCP. The use of PCP seems a lot more recreational compared to the other dissociatives.

Onto DXM. The fact that the come-up is so jarring seems to intensify the effects for me. I am forced to completely let go of my ego and go along with the experience. DXM seems extremely empathogenic to me. I have experienced Samadhi once on DXM (never before on any other psychedelics, something that I shall always remember), a strong ~500 mg powder dose at a party (I ended up sitting in a room away from basically everyone else). I don't believe that the more DXM ingested will create a better psychedelic experience, as I have taken up to 900 without having as much of an enlightening experience as the 500 one. I ingested 230 mg's (with b-complex and magnesium) last Friday night after starting an Aniracetam, Centrophenoxine, and Idebenone regimen the week before, and made a lot of realizations about my behavior in the last couple of weeks. It seems that b-complex is integral in the processing of the DXM into DXO, and I highly recommend everyone preload with b-complex.

My attention is being drawn away, so I leave everyone with that.

antigod is correct in saying that more DXM ingested will not necessarily create a better psychedelic experience. It depends on the individual and his particular succeptibility to certain effects. I've seen the most amazing visuals in the dark, while laying on my bed looking at my ceiling, at only 300mg. These visuals are easily up there with things I've seen on more traditional hallucinogens. DXM visuals are different than visuals from these drugs in their vivid nature and movement. In the dark, it was almost as if the ceiling was completely shifting and morphing into ribbons of color. That, coupled with the sensation of floating and bodily movement, creates for me a powerful and unforgettable experience at the assumed low dosage of 300mg. It really depends on the person.

I ingested 500mg of DXM the other night.
Crazy CEV's, and during the peak it would be like being forced into an intense lucid dream
I kept sort of dropping in and out of these states and each time returning to a different scenario.
Some of these scenarios were dark and nightmarish, however when i would "Awake" from them the anxiety from it would vanish within seconds just like awaking from a nightmare.
Then i would begin to fade back into the dream world again.
At certain points in the experience i couldnt tell whether my eyes were open or closed.
Oh yeah I also smoked like 4 or 5 bowls of some good herb throughout the night which definately had an effect on the CEV's i was getting. Although the process of packing a bowl and hitting a bong was difficult at times especially during the peak when the feeling was reminiscent of my memories coming out of anasthetic in the hospital.

Last edited:
CLOSE YOUR EYES BROTHER AND EXPERIENCE THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE OF YOUR MIND'S EYE. Its not a tryptamine, it feels more like dreaming than "trypamine tripping."

First of all, if you want visuals why don't you just get some LSD or shrooms? DXM isn't a very visual drug until you start getting into the higher doses.

Your best bet is to take a higher dose, smoke a lot of good bud, turn all the lights out, and play some amazing music. Psytrance or Pink Floyd usually does it for me.

Have fun but if you want visuals you should be getting into psychedelics not dissociatives.

So I'm a pretty experienced DXM user. I first tasted it a year and half ago. Back then I just achieved any affects I could get. Since then I have embarke don maybe 15 or so robo-trips[no access to pure dxm]. Usually ranging in the 300-400 mg area. You see I weigh 120lbs, at 5'7" so my body doesn't require much of any drug to get me high.

But since the beginning of my trips, I've only ever gotten CEV twice. Once on 300mgs while lying on a coat, I hadn't eaten all day, the other after 300mg and smoking hash-oil.

Now I'd really like to achieve full OEVs. Last night i took 600mgs, an hour later[when it kicked it..damn robo-cough caps] i took app 8 shots of whiskey[to boost it..didn't do much]. Last night all i felt was 10x heavier, music was intense and i felt at times like i was watching my body from a position other than my eyes lol. Not what i was really going for. I felt great, but the whole thing felt mildly dream-like. Idon't remember much of it.
So my question: How would you go abotu gettin full-visuals from DXM? Should a gram of bud using gravities and 600mgs do much?
Or should i shoot for the 750-900mg range? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And anyone ahve any ideas how to get rid of the dreaded hangover? I felt like strungout on opiates all morning, minus the good relaxed feeling which was replaced by feelign mildly sick.
and advice?

Well personally, My DXM days are long gone. But had definatly had about a year of my life where I robo tripped probably over 150 times.

This is the deal. DXM doesn't product any OEVs what so ever. (at least not for me?)

HOWEVER You can reach a state where you will have a constant flow of CEVs. This is what I used to do (sometimes three times a week)

Take your dose. Of course this is gonna be different for everyone. But my usual was somewhere around 500-600mg... use zicam max strength cough spray for the easiest route(thou def grossest)

Wait until you are peaking. If you've taken too much you might black out and miss the entire experience... when you're peaking, bust out the bong and some super sweet crystalized headies. Take bong rips until you can't anymore (but then again you're on a massive dose of cough surpressant and you can rip the bong forever)

Now, find you're favorite psy trance music. or fuck, your favorite music. I used to listen to a lot of TOOL and/or shpongle when i was on dex. Put on headphones. Turn the lights out. Lay down. Close your eyes.

I had the most mind blowing experience of my life doing this. When I stood up after the album was over, i sat down at my computer and put on the visualizer and listend to more music and i was litterally screaming out in ecstasy because of the sensory input. it was crazy.

but yeah... i don't think you're ever gonna get oevs... it's just not that type of drug.

I can't do dex anymore though it makes me sick everytime and when i'm on it now i just feel fucked up and not like i'm trippin and not euphoric at all.

so these days i stick to acid shrooms and e :)

and advice?

I havn't read all the other responses, not sure if it's been answered already. But what you described is dissociation, DXM happens to be a dissociative.

I've heard that if you smoke weed with it, it boosts up OEV. I've only done dxm by itself and gotten dissociation and CEVs