• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to find a vain, FAST!

With fresh, sharp rigs and a little practice you will find that veins in the hand are feasible to use if you can develop a technique that helps steady both arms. With a flat, elevated surface that you can rest both forearms on and plenty of light there is no tearing or infiltrating clear through both sides of the vein. With the aid of said elevated flat object the movements of your hands become more precise and far less jittery which not only saves the vein but leaves far less bruising or scarring. On the flip side I would only use micron filtered solutions of pharmaceutical origin and near neutral pH as an acidic batch of H can do a lot of damage to the smaller vessels. If the conditions aren't as idyllic as micron filtered oxy the larger vessels can put up with a bit more abuse than the smaller ones residing in your hands and feet.

If you must reuse a needle squirt some 91% isopropyl alcohol through it then replace the cap and force more through the needle filling the cap to keep the needle "swimming" in alcohol during storage. Can't speak for viruses as I don't share rigs but I never got any needle sickness when using this method to preserve a rig with only one or two punctures of use regardless of storage time.
I do the same to prevent cotton fever or "needle sickness" but I'll try those veins too once I get my fresh batch of 100 rigs I ordered online. Thanks man

We're closing the book on I'mStillTrying for now guys. Any more antagonizing statements will be met with infractions as far as he is concerned. We're a community and we hold ourselves to a higher standard than the general public, meaning, we need to care about each other more than you would a stranger on the street. There's no room for insults or negativity of any sort. End of story.

Now, I just want to make sure you're not counting out your feet. Sadly, these days some of my best veins are actually on my feet. The "ball" on the side of my ankle or whatever you will call it, has a fat vein that happens to bisect it, causing it to be raised prominently to the surface. I have a couple that are just like that in that area.

There are a lot of tips and tricks out there, but in my opinion, the 3 that will eliminate 90% of your problems are going to be:

A 15 minute hot shower

Hydration - It's not something that can be done in ten minutes before injecting.

Engage the muscles of the region in some strength excersizes.

If you're going to use your arms, do some push-ups, bicep burls and maybe some skull-crusher lifts for your triceps. Nothing crazy, just enough to get the blood flowing to those areas, causing the veins to expand and become more prominent. If you do strength training on a regular basis, your veins will become more prominent. I'm not talking about going to the gym either. I'm talking about maybe 15 minutes a day of relatively light exercizes.

On a separate note, why is Intramuscular Injection not feasible for you Edaw?

^ As in tread lightly or beware the Ban Hammer.

Hope you had some success ED and god speed to the postman with your package.

Oh I know.. It just bothered me.. he hated on me, you, and a couple other people.. just the way I am, I am calm and cool all the time, until someone is rude to a certain extent then I just have to defend my self, and those others being fucked with.. but I feel you bud..

Ok.. so hitting your veins can be a bitch and a half sometimes and others it can be done with ease, in less than 2 seconds.. let me tell you the ritual I follow, to maybe help you get more perspective on other people's methods of slamming whatever it may be.. I usually only slam subutex and every now and then coke, if its good.. I actually did some the other day, and it was pretty damn good.. that rush!!! fucking amazing, but the comedown 5 mins later blows! But I kind of forgot here, what are u slamming? dope is it? When I used to slam dope(both ECP and tar)... with ECP it was usually very easy to prep, I would use anywhere from 0.5ml to 1ml insulin rigs, short tip(8mm), preferably 1ml, or a rig with 100 units, is the better one to use for dope ime.. because I like to add like 70-80 units of cool-room temp water to my dope, which I will dump out in a clean spoon, usually in shots of around 0.2-0.3 usually no more than 0.4-0.5(if I had a lot of dope that day.. I had a high tolerance and still do to dope, pharm opioids/opiates, and anything related.. but yeah if it was like 0.2 or 0.3 I would add around 70 units of water, 0.4-0.5 I would add 80 units, maybe more any where up to 90-100 units, the limit u can pull up in the syringe, is fine, I like my solution a bit more thin than thick obviously, hence why I use more water on my shots.. plus if I ever do register, and then somehow end up missing, I can pull the rig out, and still not waste more than 5-10 units max.. I feel it immediately when I miss, and if you have more water in your prepped H solution, the less dope you will waste from missing those 5 units, vs If you use like 50 units on a 0.5G of H or something, then your wasting a whole 0.1G by missing those 5-10 units! you know what I mean? Other than that, I have a few spots on both forearms that are very reliable, one of which is awesome when I don't fuck up and miss there.. its the vein that is on the underside of your forearm, that kind of runs along the outside edge, and it goes to your wrist to the crook of your arm.. but under your arm basically, so you have to hit it from a weird direction, when I do it, it usually works super good, that vein on my left arm, in particular, whenever I do a shot of anything, even subutex, I get a way better and faster onset/rush/high, for some reason.. but I do tend to poke thru to the other side of the vein after registering there, moreso than other spots, because you will kind of have the needle pointing at an slight upward angle(as opposed to the usual, downward slight angle, when hitting veins in the middle of the crook of your arm or forearm, so you shoot in the same direction your blood flows.) into this vein, if you hit it near the crook where I do.. its hard to explain, but it can be a bitch! The most reliable veins I have, are by far the 2 veins, on both of my arms inside of the crook of my arm, that run all the way to your wrist then your thumb, on the thumb side( I think it is called the surgeons vein?) of both your arms.. the one on my right arm is the most reliable of them.. its never been a problem for me, also the ones, on the crook, that are were they usually take blood at the doctor/blood bank.. they are very large veins, that are kind of on the far left and right side on both of your arms, at the crook, the super thick one.. that's a good one too.. I use a couple on the inside of my wrist as well, inside edge.. and the top of my hands there are a few..
I inject opioids, & semi-synthetic opiates; & if found, vials of barbiturates, or injectable benzodiazepines. I don't use any other substances, other than opioids, benzodiazepines, & barbiturates- basically downers, & pain killers. I never inject heroine, I only snort, or smoke that nasty, dangours, chemical. I would IV medical heroine; like the ones that comes in vials used for animals and people who are dying. I would only shoot up heroine if it's almost pure/fully pure or decent quality for injection. The scariest shit about heroine is how it's now just full of fentayl or carfentanil.

We're closing the book on I'mStillTrying for now guys. Any more antagonizing statements will be met with infractions as far as he is concerned. We're a community and we hold ourselves to a higher standard than the general public, meaning, we need to care about each other more than you would a stranger on the street. There's no room for insults or negativity of any sort. End of story.

Now, I just want to make sure you're not counting out your feet. Sadly, these days some of my best veins are actually on my feet. The "ball" on the side of my ankle or whatever you will call it, has a fat vein that happens to bisect it, causing it to be raised prominently to the surface. I have a couple that are just like that in that area.

There are a lot of tips and tricks out there, but in my opinion, the 3 that will eliminate 90% of your problems are going to be:

A 15 minute hot shower

Hydration - It's not something that can be done in ten minutes before injecting.

If you're going to use your arms, do some push-ups, bicep burls and maybe some skull-crusher lifts for your triceps. Nothing crazy, just enough to get the blood flowing to those areas, causing the veins to expand and become more prominent. If you do strength training on a regular basis, your veins will become more prominent. I'm not talking about going to the gym either. I'm talking about maybe 15 minutes a day of relatively light exercizes.

I so indeed use the mildly large veins on my feet, but are they any other veins on my feet that I may not notice that are decent size for a 1/2inch needle? Thanks for the replies man- I'm learning a lot but I still would like to know more about good injection sites that most people use so I can use then too. Is 'ImSTILLtrying' getting a ban? Just wondering. Thanks again Keif.

I inject opioids, & semi-synthetic opiates; & if found, vials of barbiturates, or injectable benzodiazepines. I don't use any other substances, other than opioids, benzodiazepines, & barbiturates- basically downers, & pain killers. I never inject heroine, I only snort, or smoke that nasty, dangours, chemical. I would IV medical heroine; like the ones that comes in vials used for animals and people who are dying. I would only shoot up heroine if it's almost pure/fully pure or decent quality for injection. The scariest shit about heroine is how it's now just full of fentayl or carfentanil.

That's good! Don't start.. ever.. I used to just inject pain killers like dilaudid, oxycodone, oxymorphone, etc. when I first IVed, it was a roxy, someone injected for me and I liked it, but didn't do it again for another year or so, until I couldn't get anything but dilaudid, which I had only heard being good IV no other ROA so I got a clean rig and went for it myself... that's when shit got bad! and then came heroin not long after that first dilly I shot and was instantly addicted to the needle from.. and I basically just switched over to H gradually, with the occasional oxy, dilly, or opana IR thrown in the mix, but heroin was the cheaper, and easier option as I saw it, at that time! now it is very fickle, and I don't trust it at all! way too many people lacing it with fentanyl and RC fentanyl analogues, and have seen so many people I know die from that bullshit, including a few of my friends, so I am on subutex, again, atm, and have been for the past ~13 months or so, don't have any plans to go back to dope, or any full agonists in the near future, but I didn't the last 5 times I had relapsed, some times for nearly a year, but it was usually just a brief 1-2 week relapse, or a "vacation" from subs.. I have been jumping on and off subs for nearly 5 years, going back in forth from opiates like heroin then stopping an getting back on subs, but I have truly committed to the subs this time.. this is the longest so far, I have been able to stop using full agonists, which I will always love the feeling of.. but not the feeling of all the shit that comes with it. that's why I actually prefer subs nowadays, because I can get a script legally from a doctor, and be well all day and everyday, and still feel good.. not AS good as with full agonists, but subutex, surprisingly can get me pretty nice feeling, and I actually enjoy the subtle yet opiated feeling I get from them! But yeah, glad that one surgeons vein, along the inside of your arm worked out for you, that is one of the easiest IME to inject into.. because it is such a big vein! its kind of hard to miss it.. Be safe man, and be well! hope your rigs get to you soon, so you don't have to use those dull rigs.. I know the feeling, and am so glad I no longer have to feel the hopeless "how will I ever find clean rigs?" feeling ATM, it sucks...

A 15 minute hot shower

IM isn't feasible due to my rigs not reaching the mucsle. I have 1/2inch size rigs so I can't hit it.

That's good! Don't start.. ever.. I used to just inject pain killers like dilaudid, oxycodone, oxymorphone, etc. when I first IVed, it was a roxy, someone injected for me and I liked it, but didn't do it again for another year or so, until I couldn't get anything but dilaudid, which I had only heard being good IV no other ROA so I got a clean rig and went for it myself... that's when shit got bad! and then came heroin not long after that first dilly I shot and was instantly addicted to the needle from.. and I basically just switched over to H gradually, with the occasional oxy, dilly, or opana IR thrown in the mix, but heroin was the cheaper, and easier option as I saw it, at that time! now it is very fickle, and I don't trust it at all! way too many people lacing it with fentanyl and RC fentanyl analogues, and have seen so many people I know die from that bullshit, including a few of my friends, so I am on subutex, again, atm, and have been for the past ~13 months or so, don't have any plans to go back to dope, or any full agonists in the near future, but I didn't the last 5 times I had relapsed, some times for nearly a year, but it was usually just a brief 1-2 week relapse, or a "vacation" from subs.. I have been jumping on and off subs for nearly 5 years, going back in forth from opiates like heroin then stopping an getting back on subs, but I have truly committed to the subs this time.. this is the longest so far, I have been able to stop using full agonists, which I will always love the feeling of.. but not the feeling of all the shit that comes with it. that's why I actually prefer subs nowadays, because I can get a script legally from a doctor, and be well all day and everyday, and still feel good.. not AS good as with full agonists, but subutex, surprisingly can get me pretty nice feeling, and I actually enjoy the subtle yet opiated feeling I get from them! But yeah, glad that one surgeons vein, along the inside of your arm worked out for you, that is one of the easiest IME to inject into.. because it is such a big vein! its kind of hard to miss it.. Be safe man, and be well! hope your rigs get to you soon, so you don't have to use those dull rigs.. I know the feeling, and am so glad I no longer have to feel the hopeless "how will I ever find clean rigs?" feeling ATM, it sucks...
Yeah it works really well and I found another thicker one deep under my skin on my wrist going towards my pit of where my arm bends. I'm using that atm with a fresh rig I found that I forgot I put up when I was really high off some hydromorphone back wen I first for my 3 bags of rigs.

oh pleaseeeeeee, you people are nuts!

you wanna know how to shoot and best ways to hit, then jus tlet me know lol
i was attempting to be nice towards you... I wouldn't know why you're being such a douche but it's whatever if you don't want to help with where good veins are and which are easy/hard to hit.

oh pleaseeeeeee, you people are nuts!

you wanna know how to shoot and best ways to hit, then jus tlet me know lol
I was trying to stay neutral and at this point I still am IMO; why would you come on this thread with such a bad attitude? You sound like a 16 year old hard ass man just chill with it all I'm tired of the negativity you're causing, on this simple harm reduction thread I've made. Be carful you may be met with the ban hammer. So tie your hands or type something helpful and relative to this thread...

I am banned for telling people how to shoot dope? stop being up the "ban hammer", lol. you dont always get what you want. you bring it up tho w/ hopes, its sad. ENOUGH ALREADY! go back to the topic rather than OFF TOPIC, which has been the last few things you said. and if it came down to the "ban hammer", I think I'd make it and be able to live, believe it or not. after all, I dont go to boards to figure things out I've been doing for 10yrs, or at least what you say, lol. I just try to fill people in on things they do not know. ENOUGH!

I am banned for telling people how to shoot dope? stop being up the "ban hammer", lol. you dont always get what you want. you bring it up tho w/ hopes, its sad. ENOUGH ALREADY! go back to the topic rather than OFF TOPIC, which has been the last few things you said. and if it came down to the "ban hammer", I think I'd make it and be able to live, believe it or not. after all, I dont go to boards to figure things out I've been doing for 10yrs, or at least what you say, lol. I just try to fill people in on things they do not know. ENOUGH!
Im just saying I already know how to shoot up, all I wanted was to know what's the best veins and what veins others use... Shit

A Great Update of Mine/Personally Experienced Info

*Major Update!* *For IV users only*
I got my fresh, packaged, and boxed up gear and they work wonders. I don't feel nasty after a shot anymore and my shots aren't dirty feeling either. I have 100 of them, so I use a fresh one literally every time I shoot up anything. Which is great; no bruising, no visible track marks, no pain, & I hit any vein every and anytime! It is great! For sure anyone who views this thread and is an IV user- Be clean, professional, [Fresh gear every time you use; no double takes] & very carful! Try not to miss or hit something you don't wanna hit, & just try to IV/IM using instructions; not just "doing so". I learned a very smart lesson today, & now know to always have a large stash of fresh gear for IV/IM use, while like I stated previously, alway use a fresh rig every shot you take.

Last edited:
Very true. Walgreens and CVS will not sell needles without an insulin prescription in our town. It?s sad and unfortunate but if you live someplace where there is a Walmart they will always sell and it?s cheap. Just specify the size, gauge and length of points.