• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to find a vain, FAST!

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
How to find a vein, FAST!

I'm having issues finding vains-
1.) I have really old reused needles that I've been using over and over again but I'm soon to get more. I just need to quickly get my oxy into me and I did find one vain early a few minutes back but when I re-dose, I want to find a nice vain to use I don't use often. I haven't IVed in about a month or so, so all my vains are healed or healing well and I don't even have any track marks at all which is great for going out and shit but now I need to get my medicine into me quick and want suggestions on any vains others use and how to find them.

Last edited:
The issue with veins is that there's actually a lot of variability in anatomy from person to person. We all have the same veins in our bodies, but where they actually end up residing is the aspect that varies. Some veins will be more visible in different places on different people as well. My point is that no one is going to know your veins like you do. If we were there with you, we could probably help, but I'm not sure what we can accomplish remotely like this.

Have you tried all of the tricks? Hydration, hot showers, eating properly, doing some strength exercizes etc. I think this is probably your best bet. If all else fails, it's Oxycodone, so you'll be sacrificing at most 15% of your total dose by taking it orally. If you can't find a vein though, you should definitely just administer it rectally. I say this about a lot of different drugs, but rectal administration with Oxycodone is great, but Oxycodone by injection comparatively isn't as good as other Opioids are IMO.

As mentioned in the previous post, heat can help draw out the veins. Hair driers and hot water bottles can work as well. Try to palpate the arm using your index finger to find the vein and apply heat/warmth to the area. It should come up. Be sure that your tourniquet is tight, but not so much that it cuts off circulation.

You mentioned, you are using old dull rigs.. that's not good! And definitely wont help with your issue.. new needles, make injecting much safer and easier, but I get where your coming from, been there and done that.. having no choice, but to re-use rigs, because I had no access to clean needles, which IMO should be a fucking crime, not to sell people new needles at any given pharmacy.. I went to so many different places trying to find rigs when mine were so old, and dull, that you couldn't even see the numbers/lines that mark the units/ml's on the sides of them, and none of them would sell them to me, without an insulin prescription handy, assholes! I was just hopelessly addicted to that ROA and couldn't make myself do drugs any other way after I got into IV, except oxy! That is the only opioid I did, that I didn't much prefer to IV, I honestly didn't like oxy on its own injected, because the rush was lacking, unlike other opis like heroin or dilaudid, and the duration of action was shortened by like 2-3 hours vs sniffing them, plugging them, or parachuting them. I also smoked oxy too, when I wanted a quick nice rush to add on to others if I had more of them I could sniff or plug, for the longer legs.. but you mentioned, you haven't injected in a month, why go back now? if your having trouble doing it, you need to get someone who knows more about injecting, if at all possible, to help you! I always used the veins, at the crooks of my arms when I was new to injecting, they were the easiest to find and hit.. and are for the majority of people out there who IV.. but if they are hiding from you, work out, take a hot shower, etc.. Keif' was pretty thorough about it in his post.. and he is very right about plugging oxy, that is the safest, best, and most efficient ROA for oxy, no doubt about it! it hits you hard, and fast much like IV, but lasts much longer than IV, and your not sitting there poking yourself like a pin cushion for hours trying to hit a vein! it will be even faster than prepping the pill for IV, then going through the whole vein finding process, if your veins aren't easy to spot and hit..

Last edited:
That's fucking crazy, here in the UK we have a thing called the needle exchange.

You get free vaccinations for blood diseases and also free needles, anti-bacterial wipes, a 'sharps bin', which you give them full of needles and they dispose of it for you, everything you need pretty much. You don't even need to give them your name to use this service also.

you are going to get sick using those same needles over and over and you will go through hell; I've been there many times after using the same needles for 2 weeks or so. you legit go into instant type WD's but even worse where will you sweat/freeze/shake all at the same time. you will not have a clue what is happening or why because you dont know any better since its yet to happen. using needles to that extent is the worst thing you could possibly go; go to your local pharmacy and buy; dont dare say yorue embarrassed because if you have the balls to shoot the dope then you should have the balls to buy the needles.

that 1 shot is all it takes and you'll wake up in hours of misery when that needle sickness hits you.

you don't even have to go to a pharmacy...it's easy and fast to just order online! You obviously have internet access.

I agree with you guys that there aren't a ton of excuses for reusing rigs time after time, but these things happen. I've gone days needing rigs when the needle exchange was 6 blocks from my house in Lowell, MA. The needle exchange say, would open at 9:00am when I commence work and closes around 5:00 when I get out. It makes it very hard to coordinate. Also, when every red cent needs to be scrounged just to acquire $18.13 for $20.00 worth of Heroin, the prospect of buying new needles falls by the wayside.

It's fucked up, but pretending like addicts aren't capable of behavior like this is mistaken. We do stupid, dangerous, nonsensical shit literally all the time.

"If all else fails, it's Oxycodone, so you'll be sacrificing at most 15% of your total dose by taking it orally"

please can you (or someone else) explain a bit what is meant by this? Where is the 15% going to?? And why isn't it made so it all gets absorbed and used by the body? Sorry but I'm confused!! Are there better ways of talking it then?
thank you! Forgive me, I'm a newbie!!

There is something called first pass metabolism. I'm not a Doctor or pharmacist, but my knowledge is such that when a drug enters the body through routes other than injection, the body destroys a certain amount of the drug through metabolism.

Oxycodone has a relatively high oral bioavailability. Its very effective. Morphine and heroin for instance are very ineffective by that route, so people in their additictions gravitate toward it often for financial reasons.

My point is that if you use oxycodone orally or rectally you will at most sacrifice 15%, but maybe less. If you had heroin, you could freak out over losing your dose, but in this situation you don't have to.

10 pack of pins $3.50 at CVS/Walgeens, anywhere. we all reused needles but you dont go a month w/o picking up another pack, come on now!

its all fun and games till you get that sickness and go through hell for 5-6 hours. then you'll realize you should be using much cleanER pins than what you are now.

To everyone saying, go to the pharmacy, and buy needles... NOT ALL OF US HAVE THAT CHOICE!!! where I live, it is fucked! literally only know one place that sells rigs, and even they aren't consistent, you have to get the right pharmacist, or they wont even sell them.. but I have been to CVS, Walgreens, Wal-mart(the one place that I have been able to buy them, but only in 100 packs, which is fine theyre only like $14 with tax..)and every mom and pop pharm, except the one I get my meds from of course, because I am not diabetic and I don't have any proof to give them to why I would need needles along with the meds I take, some of which I shoot! But even the mom and pop pharms, wont sell them to me or my friends! I have 2 friends, one with diabetes whom I now get them from, when ever needed.. and another, who is usually too busy, and has a pet with diabetes, who is able to get them... but I used to not have access to them, and both of my friends, one of which is my rig connection, used to work crazy hours, and were too busy to help me out.. but I always cleaned my rigs thoroughly with bleach when I reused them, to the fullest extent.. if I was re-using them, I bleached them then rinsed them with hot water numerous times, to clean them as best as possible, to avoid getting any type of illness from using old rigs.. It sucked! And I am so glad I don't have to do it anymore, but I was totally hooked on IV and would go to these extremes, using dull rigs over and over, because doing my drugs any other way, felt like a waste to me at that point! And, also, not all of us can easily order clean rigs online, I have to hide the fact that I am an IV user from my family.. and cant be having syringes shipped to my house, where I live with my folks... and I know I am not the only one in a situation like that... IMO I think its just spiteful, and fucked when pharmacies literally look at you like a piece of trash, when you ask to buy insulin syringes in my town, with out proof of having insulin prescribed to you.. very wrong! Every place in the world, especially in places like my town, where IV addicts are everywhere, needs to realize so many people have this addiction/disease to IV drug use, and are killing themselves, sharing and using dirty needles, and open needle exchanges for at least the sake of harm reduction! But these people, who look at IV drug users like pieces of garbage, are way too close minded and ignorant, they wouldn't ever do such a thing where I am from.. so many fucking assholes, who run things in my town and all over my state, and would rather people with an IV drug addiction die of HIV or some disease, than just think about it from our point of view for once, and set-up a needle exchange, and at the very least, make it mandatory for all pharmacies to sell insulin or any syringes to paying customers, no matter what! So far, the only ones you can easily buy here are oral syringes, for plugging, or using to take meds orally in a liquid solution..

Last edited:
OP: If you are still having difficulty obtaining fresh rigs I can attest that the internet route is not that bad. It is usually cheaper than brick & mortar retail stores / pharms. They arrive quickly in unmarked envelopes or boxes and the shipping label contains only your name and at worst "Something medical supply". Even the statement on your bank card will be nondescript and vague. If the people you live with don't open your mail, it can't be beat. Any search engine will bring up a myriad of sources. Just clear your browser history if you share a computer.

^Yes that is true.. OP. If you do not live with your parents, or other family who most probably wouldn't want to see you shooting drugs IME, the internet is the best source.. fuck all the chain pharmacies where you walk in and ask.. chances are, depending on your location, they will deny selling you anything remotely close to a syringe with a needle, UNLESS you are diabetic, in which case I highly doubt you wouldn't have clean rigs.. My family, unfortunately knows me too well, and are very nosey when it comes to things in the mail, addressed to myself.. They would more than likely get my mail, if I did order rigs online, and go through it, and my package would either be in the garbage, or would be sitting out on my bed or dresser, with a note saying "we need to talk!", like in the past, when I have stupidly left needles out, and gone to work, only to come home and find them sitting laid out on my bed.. but if you live on your own, and have the means like a credit/debit card to order things offline, then you are golden! and it is very much worth it to have a fresh rig every shot, than to hurt yourself using painful, dangerously dull rigs.. or get ill from doing so, by bacteria that causes things like "cotton fever".. If you must use old rigs, please, bleach them out regularly after each shot, to clean them out and rid them of the bacteria left behind after a shot.

^Yes that is true.. OP. If you do not live with your parents, or other family who most probably wouldn't want to see you shooting drugs IME, the internet is the best source.. fuck all the chain pharmacies where you walk in and ask.. chances are, depending on your location, they will deny selling you anything remotely close to a syringe with a needle,.
buddy, they cannot DENY SELLING YOU A SYRINGE! obviously you have not been in this game long enough. thats like telling him to go get HIV/HEP C - and then say sorry later once he catches it. SMARTEN UP BEFORE YOU TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

dude, if you are OLD ENOUGH TO SHOOT DOPE THEN YOU SHOULD BE OLD ENOUGH/MAN ENOUGH TO BUY A PIN IN A STORE! grow up, peeps. we are shooting HEROIN HERE! smarten up and at least do it right.

^ Hate to disagree with you but I doubt ILove2Nod would feel so strongly if he didn't truly get barred trying to buy rigs at brick & mortar stores/pharms, at least in his location. As the sign says, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

^ Hate to disagree with you but I doubt ILove2Nod would feel so strongly if he didn't truly get barred trying to buy rigs at brick & mortar stores/pharms, at least in his location. As the sign says, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".
NO, for a FACT! I worked in a pharmacy; the dude can have a needle sticking out his arm and you have to sell if you show ID and they give you the paperwork. you cannot pass on someone buying NEW NEEDLES VS. re-USING NEEDLES and passing diseases.

rookie users, man. smarten up. been shooting dope 10+ yeas and no hep c or anything or the sort. BUY YOUR OWN NEEDLES, MORONS! TRUST ME!

The issue with veins is that there's actually a lot of variability in anatomy from person to person. We all have the same veins in our bodies, but where they actually end up residing is the aspect that varies. Some veins will be more visible in different places on different people as well. My point is that no one is going to know your veins like you do. If we were there with you, we could probably help, but I'm not sure what we can accomplish remotely like this.

Have you tried all of the tricks? Hydration, hot showers, eating properly, doing some strength exercizes etc. I think this is probably your best bet. If all else fails, it's Oxycodone, so you'll be sacrificing at most 15% of your total dose by taking it orally. If you can't find a vein though, you should definitely just administer it rectally. I say this about a lot of different drugs, but rectal administration with Oxycodone is great, but Oxycodone by injection comparatively isn't as good as other Opioids are IMO.
I appreciate it man, my veins aren't hard to find it's just which one is the best for use. I found a few and I agree with you on the orally aseptic of OxyCodone, reason I'll take more orally than intervenes; or by pluging. Pluging seems to be the best next to IV/IM. Thanks for your input and answers.