• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to find a vain, FAST!

NO, for a FACT! I worked in a pharmacy; the dude can have a needle sticking out his arm and you have to sell if you show ID and they give you the paperwork. you cannot pass on someone buying NEW NEEDLES VS. re-USING NEEDLES and passing diseases.

rookie users, man. smarten up. been shooting dope 10+ yeas and no hep c or anything or the sort. BUY YOUR OWN NEEDLES, MORONS! TRUST ME!
I buy my own needles, we don't have needle clinics, our pharmacys don't allow the sale of needles unless you have a script, & NOT ALL OF US LIVE IN Seattle! Shit it's annoying to hear from an pissed dope user and I should know I use as well... I appreciate your response because even if "negative" it's still a response. You may ask, "well how do you get needles then?" "You have to be sharing?" Nope, the internet is a wonderful place is all I can say to that question. It's just that at the moment I'm waiting on my new card to come in and I can't touch anything online until it arrives. IMO a used needle that only you have been using, is better than ones you can get off a IV user or buying some off a IV user. I'll stick to waiting and plugging/using these I have now. Most were only used once so they are very sharp and not at all fucked up. Just remember that where some of us IV users are is very hard to be an IV user but that won't turn us down when we can't get some fresh supplies. In my case I can't due to my card not being here as of yet, but when it gets here I'll buy them ASAP.

^ Hate to disagree with you but I doubt ILove2Nod would feel so strongly if he didn't truly get barred trying to buy rigs at brick & mortar stores/pharms, at least in his location. As the sign says, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".
That's why I can't just walk into a pharmacy or brick and mortar strore due to them not selling them because they don't have to. They don't want "addicts" or IV users in and out all the time so they refuse service.

used once or twice, fine. but if you continue to refuse and get pin sick you'll be fucking OUT OF YOUR MIND WITHOUT A CLUE for 5-7 hours. wake up in a pile of sweat, drench, cold, shaking, mind completely fucked, all cuz you wanted to use that same pin over and over rather than go in a pharmacy and look like a junkie.

where do you live where you need a script? go ask for me. and yes, its even easier online and cheaper.

not sharing is one thing; but when you shoot and re-use more than 2-3 and go through that pin sickness you'll understand. picture withdrawal x's 1,000,000,000

10 pack of pins $3.50 at CVS/Walgeens, anywhere. we all reused needles but you dont go a month w/o picking up another pack, come on now!

its all fun and games till you get that sickness and go through hell for 5-6 hours. then you'll realize you should be using much cleanER pins than what you are now.
Reasoning I buy at least 4 packs of 30. I have to wait though, sadly, my card hasn't come in and I get mine online. Sadly our brick and mortar stores don't allow the sell of needles unless you have a script for there use. Some places don't care but it has to be the person you got them from last time due to them refusing your service.

you are going to get sick using those same needles over and over and you will go through hell; I've been there many times after using the same needles for 2 weeks or so. you legit go into instant type WD's but even worse where will you sweat/freeze/shake all at the same time. you will not have a clue what is happening or why because you dont know any better since its yet to happen. using needles to that extent is the worst thing you could possibly go; go to your local pharmacy and buy; dont dare say yorue embarrassed because if you have the balls to shoot the dope then you should have the balls to buy the needles.

that 1 shot is all it takes and you'll wake up in hours of misery when that needle sickness hits you.
I've had this before sadly, & you're right it's not good and much better to just get clean/new ones but like I mentioned I have to wait to buy'em online.

Round here new rigs are hard to come by. We have no hr whatsoever besides dont do drugs. So I reuse the same one for a week usually, anyway when I can't find a vein I usually squirt the water up my nose. You absorb it a little faster than snorting thw pill and all that filler.

buddy, they cannot DENY SELLING YOU A SYRINGE! obviously you have not been in this game long enough. thats like telling him to go get HIV/HEP C - and then say sorry later once he catches it. SMARTEN UP BEFORE YOU TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

dude, if you are OLD ENOUGH TO SHOOT DOPE THEN YOU SHOULD BE OLD ENOUGH/MAN ENOUGH TO BUY A PIN IN A STORE! grow up, peeps. we are shooting HEROIN HERE! smarten up and at least do it right.

You do realize different states have different laws about syringe purchasing, it just so happens that MA is lucky and has it easy, but it hasn't always been that way here; it has only been a MA law that injection drug users are to have access to clean syringes from any pharmacy for like 12 years.

Don't be close minded

Round here new rigs are hard to come by. We have no hr whatsoever besides dont do drugs. So I reuse the same one for a week usually, anyway when I can't find a vein I usually squirt the water up my nose. You absorb it a little faster than snorting thw pill and all that filler.
where do you live out of curiosity?

You do realize different states have different laws about syringe purchasing, it just so happens that MA is lucky and has it easy, but it hasn't always been that way here; it has only been a MA law that injection drug users are to have access to clean syringes from any pharmacy for like 12 years.

Don't be close minded
oh, really? different states have different rules? pretty soon you'll be saying Trump is not president of the world.

its not ignorance; its stupidity. PINS are too easy to get, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE! between a Dr. script, pharmacy or online; you cannot risk yourself and do dumb things (like you have, Effect) and ruin yourself in many ways. if youre playing a game like this, PLAY IT RIGHT IS WHAT I AM SAYING TO EVERYONE WHO SHOOTS! you are only setting yourself up for disaster if not.

stand behind what you do and do it right; also, many new junkies are scared to go in and ask for pins; its a rookie mistake, many do it, lets not pretend they dont. and where heroin is more popular, they tend to carry pins right at the local pharmacy and nowadays heroin is popular everywhere.

but thanks for that update. I had no idea.

There were times when I had issues getting needles. I'd always end up with them, but I can't say it was easy each time.

Some days I'd hit 5 pharmacies before one finally sold me rigs. They would deny me in a subtle way, saying they "didn't have them" or "we ran out". Only one place said I needed a script, and it was a family-owned pharmacy.

Also, I don't know if this is coincidence, but I found it much harder to get rigs from the city I was copping in. The pharmacies that denied me were all in Trenton.
When I went to a pharmacy in a "suburban" town, I had much better luck.

buddy, they cannot DENY SELLING YOU A SYRINGE! obviously you have not been in this game long enough. thats like telling him to go get HIV/HEP C - and then say sorry later once he catches it. SMARTEN UP BEFORE YOU TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

dude, if you are OLD ENOUGH TO SHOOT DOPE THEN YOU SHOULD BE OLD ENOUGH/MAN ENOUGH TO BUY A PIN IN A STORE! grow up, peeps. we are shooting HEROIN HERE! smarten up and at least do it right.
Yo! you need to chill there bud! For real. you aren't from FL you don't know shit about where I live.. I have been in this game plenty long enough between doing dope, pharms and coke IV! SO NO WE ARENT FUCKING MORONS! WE ARE DENIED FUCKING BEING SOLD NEEDLES WITHOUT A SCRIPT FOR INSULIN IN SOME STATES! don't go talking a bunch of shit to someone, whom you know jack shit about.. I never argue/get mad on these forums, even with rude ass posts such as this one, because I am not that kind of person, and I know the moderators try to keep this kind of "shit talk" minimal.. but just because you have had no problem buying them from pharmacies, where ever your from.. doesn't mean its like that all over the country, sadly! it is so fucking stupid, and the pharmacies need to stop denying good paying customers, where I am from, the sale of clean insulin syringes, for the sake of saving someone's life, who is so desperate, they would pick a dirty rig up off the ground to get high! not saying I have ever done something to that extent, just saying I'm sure there are people out there who would just because some fuckhead pharmacist wouldn't SELL them needles... its utter bullshit, and pisses me off everytime I think about it, very glad I have a source who can get them when and where ever because he has diabetes! SO ImSTILLtrying, do not come in jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions like you know me, and make rude statements/bash me like you just did.. I don't appreciate that!

I think it's really fucked up that you just insulted someone's manhood and intelligence just because he's reusing syringes. Buddy, kindly show us the law that states all pharmacists are required by law to sell syringes to drug addicts. Pharmacies are places of business moron, just like a chinese restaurant. If they don't want to provide you with their services, they don't have to.

Take two seconds to think about what you're going to say before you go out of the way just to insult a fellow Bluelighter. Even if you don't care about them, you could save yourself future embarassment.

Calling addiction "The Game" makes you sound like you're about 14 by the way.

I think it's really fucked up that you just insulted someone's manhood and intelligence just because he's reusing syringes. Buddy, kindly show us the law that states all pharmacists are required by law to sell syringes to drug addicts. Pharmacies are places of business moron, just like a chinese restaurant. If they don't want to provide you with their services, they don't have to.

Take two seconds to think about what you're going to say before you go out of the way just to insult a fellow Bluelighter. Even if you don't care about them, you could save yourself future embarassment.

Thanks for backing me up on that one Keif'! I don't know why some people get so aggressive over stuff like this, dude just went off on me for nothing haha.. they just think, because they live somewhere where fresh needles can easily be obtained at any given pharmacy, that every where else is the same.. and I see you know this as well.. it shouldn't be that way, but that's life as an addict vs. the general straight edge society we are surrounded by.. IV drug use will always be frowned upon my most of the general population, and its a damn shame, they will probably never open their mind, and realize.. the majority of people who are IVDUs are going to shoot up no matter if the rig is dirty, old, and dull or its clean.. why not save someone who is hopelessly addicted to IV from a trip to the ER, or even worse their own funeral.. when they can not only profit off of the money we are willing to pay, but keep people from hurting or killing themselves, who are desperate enough to use the worst rigs possible, and share them.. possibly be even so bad, they would pick a rig up off the street from some unknown person who left it there, and use it if they were desperate enough! I mean, I have seen people use some foul ass rigs before.. all because of uneasy access! and it is very wrong.. to deny anyone, the right to BUY clean and safe syringes, for the sake of harm reduction!

where is the insult? its me preaching NOT TO SHARE/RE-USE syringes (too many times). its something people should NEVER DO! its what ruins live in so many ways and if thats what it takes to get it across, then it should be said. last thing you want is someone sharing and boom, Hep C. now when/if you get clean and sober, you have a whole new problem to deal w/. other problems are needle sickness, as I mentioned. its hell and back. people need to wake up and listen, man. I dont care how people put it but they NEED TO LISTEN! people who are new to using/needles may not fully understand until someone says something. so many people just go based on what he originally had to say rather than tell him what to do/not to do. its a big deal to me because it causes major problems.

Here in Canada you just walk in to any pharmacy, ask for some syringes and they hand you a bag with 10 needles , cotton swabs, a small metal container for cooking and sterilized water.... For free.

I'm glad you care about safety. That's all well and good, except that's not what you said. You insulted multiple people for no reason and implied that the reason they couldn't acquire rigs was because they were either too stupid, scared or just plain lacked balls. If you actually want to take those things back that you said and restate your case as "I actually just want people to be safe and not reuse needles, I dind't mean to come off as insulting", then I'm sure that would be received in a better fashion.

Adding insult to injury is that the information you posted in the midst of your name calling isn't even correct, which is mind-blowing, because I, personally, would perform at least a simple Google search before putting myself out there like that. Merely one example: I was in a small town in Illinois where my family is from 3 months ago for a week. There are about 2,000 people in the town and they are lucky to have a single, family-owned Pharmacy. It's been there for over 80 years. The pharmacist will absolutely not sell syringes to anyone without a prescription as it violates her beliefs. I totally disagree with it, but it is her right as a business owner. That's just how it is. The next town of similar size is a 25 minute (mile) drive through cornfields.

^As to the above poster, we're getting ther ourselves here in the US. In most instances, it's easy and stress-free acquiring syringes. Things do happen sometimes that can make things complicated. A scenario I gave recently was such: The exchange is open from 9-5 M-F. I work 9-5 M-F. I keep asking my friend to pick some up and bring them to me, but he's busy. I have $40 total and am looking to purchase the drugs I need at a value of $50. I'm already asking for a front, the exchange isn't open and I don't have $3.50 extra to purchase the rigs. As an addict, we don't always make the smartest decisions, but these scenarios are very real.

That one involves choice however, you don't always even have that. I'm from New England and as you can imagine, we have pretty harsh winters. It's not unheard of for a town to be pretty much shut down for a couple of days during a blizzard. What options do you have then? There are always going to be extenuating circumstances and as addicts, we're always going to have more, but sometimes it truly is out of our control.

My experience is same as Ilovetonod when I lived in Florida (Broward county) The pharmacies will sell syringes only to diabetics with a prescription. Policies vary state by state and even county by county. So not every person in the U.S. can just walk into a pharmacy and buy them. That being said, insults are unnecessary and will not be tolerated. Can we get back to Edaw's original question and help him find a vein?

I'm kind of a shitty moderator :(, as I'd completely forgotten what the original purpose of the thread was. Sorry Edaw, that's lame of me.