• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines How to best integrate benzos with psilocybin

Imo you 1st post was no prob to read through. You mentioned underdosing. Related to unpleasant trip's.

With Truffles, Shroom's before that, i always underdosed I guess. The trips were consequent diffficult. The time dilation worsens this. But I never experienced with higher doses.

I did always feel better after the endless trip.

On benzo's, I do use a lot of LSD analogues. 4-HO-Mipt and Disso's. And dosing a benzo beforehand, during and or after. Is beside the obvious bad dark side of Benzodiazepine addiction.
Not of influence on my trips. Note I am used to them tapering atm.

Same with Alcohol, although that bother's my stomach when I am tripping. And i seem to care less for it during my trip's.
I agree, I don’t drink. I prefer opiates, or benzos. Alcohol has always given me an immediate hangover the moment I stopped drinking, I have drank before with shrooms it was an amazing time, though the Majority of my trips. I’ve only had shrooms at the time, acid is different my first trip was with acid and I smoked weed with it only until I smoked did I trip. I guess what I’m trying to avoid is prolonged exposure to my thoughts. I’m an anxious analytical individual but I need to give myself credit I can handle these substance I just need to have the courage, like jumping out of an airplane you wouldn’t take a benzo before hand if you did that. Well most wouldn’t. I don’t wanna dilute my trip either. If I’m tripping it’s for a reason that’s why I’ve had them for over a month, but I think ima start either microdosing and then trip or trip then microdose here soon for the mental benefits and simply because I don’t wanna increase oxy anymore then I already am, which is still a very therapeutic dose. 10mg. Every 4, if I’m greedy 3 but I’d like to end that ASAP cause it’s expensive and a waste and if shrooms can help with that I’m all for it

I agree, I don’t drink. I prefer opiates, or benzos. Alcohol has always given me an immediate hangover the moment I stopped drinking, I have drank before with shrooms it was an amazing time, though the Majority of my trips. I’ve only had shrooms at the time, acid is different my first trip was with acid and I smoked weed with it only until I smoked did I trip. I guess what I’m trying to avoid is prolonged exposure to my thoughts. I’m an anxious analytical individual but I need to give myself credit I can handle these substance I just need to have the courage, like jumping out of an airplane you wouldn’t take a benzo before hand if you did that. Well most wouldn’t. I don’t wanna dilute my trip either. If I’m tripping it’s for a reason that’s why I’ve had them for over a month, but I think ima start either microdosing and then trip or trip then microdose here soon for the mental benefits and simply because I don’t wanna increase oxy anymore then I already am, which is still a very therapeutic dose. 10mg. Every 4, if I’m greedy 3 but I’d like to end that ASAP cause it’s expensive and a waste and if shrooms can help with that I’m all for it
I think I would prefer any drug over Alcohol. its the availability that the problem.

Luckily, besides Kratom, I never got into opiates. Addictive personality, so i would be hooked for sure.

The microdosing is a interesting concept that gets a lot of attention lately. I wonder if and how well it works.

I think I would prefer any drug over Alcohol. its the availability that the problem.

Luckily, besides Kratom, I never got into opiates. Addictive personality, so i would be hooked for sure.

The microdosing is a interesting concept that gets a lot of attention lately. I wonder if and how well it works.
I tried a threshold, @.25 gms I did pull some nice energy and focus on it but I only tried it once.

I’m not saying I will, this is a last resort I’m wanting to trip, as many of you know I’ve had my experiences but I was too young to integrate nor comprehend what they meant, I just basically had ego death in a seedy crack motel.. while waiting for a PO to come verify my address. Or had other things that set and setting most likely influenced. But I have a gram, ready to be consumed. I have more then that In total Ground up and ready to go. but suddenly I don’t know if that will be enough. I hear Terrence McKenna stating fear in psychedelics comes from not taking enough, to break through to visuals, etc etc. I’m not trying to get a heavy body stone or anything level 2 (levels of tripping google it b) and I’m not trying have ego death(level 5+) right now. But I need direction, I’d like peace, and to use this to rewire my brain not to worry so much about every little thing. I think caution and planning is a good thing but impulsivity in my past have led me to overcompensate I guess and overthink everything to the point where I don’t even enjoy life like I should . I wanna work at my brain so that my girl doesn’t have to miss out on parasailing and cruises and going out, I love her and I want to be the many she enjoys life with, not the one that kills and fun we think of. As many of you know I’m bipolar so I talked to my psychiatrist. He had no problem with this, although he said microdosing.. not upwards of 2-3.5 grams, to preface I’ve taken large doses 10+ grams and during that time it almost felt as if I had truly found positivity so I’m not really like a person that takes it starts tripping and says omg I’m dying... Atleast not yet mushrooms have been gentle, but there’s always a point in my trip which it switches on me and I think it’s never going to end. This could be my set and setting. Tripping at my mothers previous boyfriends, when I’m not even allowed to live there cause of drug usage, probably wasn’t the best idea. Especially when he bust down the door as I’m hiding under a bed and starts berating my step brother to clean his room. (Very old fashioned military man, I really don’t blame him for not liking me I was a POS coming off and on all those psychiatric meds and mixing with other drugs. Or staying with your uncle “trying to get your shit straight” knowing he’s a devout southern baptist type, knowing I have to work with him at 6 am for room and board and trying to sober up a trip wasn’t a good time either. So I guess it’s given me a little PTSD as far as shrooms to. I’m trying to combat that with klonopin, I take klonopin I’m prescribed 10 a month. As I told him I don’t want 30 and to become dependent on them.. but that’s besides them point all that being said I know benzos and caps are like oil and water, I wanna get the best of these mushrooms but for my first return I’m not sure if I can do them without taking a benzo beforehand. I don’t wanna influence my trip to be bad just cause I keep over analyzing things, but I’ve overanalyzed myself into anxiety attack the past few times I really start getting things ready to trip just the thought of being back in that negative thought loop is nothing I can’t handle I just don’t wanna do it for 6 hours. like I said I’m trying to return to these for guidance, to learn to love life more, not be such a grinch so maybe to learn to not worry I know I’ll have to be placed into situations in which I worry or difficult. Ideally ego death is optimal it’s something I plan on working to go to cause I’m tired of being driven by myself all the time. My ego is what’s ruined happiness and caused me to use other drugs just to protect it’s little shell. It needs shattered as a everyone’s does. Im to worried about myself, whether it be what I want or what I’m worried about and it would be nice to achieve something that takes me out of that mindframeb but I’m not psychologically ready for all that while simultaneously coming off opiates and marijuana ( trying to clean both my house and body before this. I know the answer to the question i ask, I shouldn’t even be asking it I know it will dull my experience and the best way to do it is to save klonopin for if it truly gets dark. I just wanna gather y’all’s thoughts. Tripping is something I’ma do regardless, I’d just like maybe some insights and help into getting the anxiety Atleast controlled enough to calm down so I can take it. Tried kava.. that’s trash. Kratom helps but I don’t know if I wanna be lethargic during my trip. I’ve tried teas like yogi stress relief. Lemon balm was recommended and nothing helps the way klonopin does, I would drink a beer or so.. but that gives me an instant hangover if I don’t keep drinking and I’m not really trying to have a headache while I self analyze. What do y’all think obvious I’m probably not ready for it, or maybe I am and I’m just not confident. What y’all think Bluelight family. I hope everyone is having an amazing week!

this stuff is not for recreation. It’s medicine given by the creator. In death we are reborn. Let’s the shrooms open your ‘hero’ neurology, be scared, be frightened. Fight the dragon within. Have a sitter to keep you safe.
My story: I ate 6 grams dried, and about an hour later started to feel it, I went to my apartment with my friends and I laid in bed. I opened up about my IV meth use and was afraid I had struck a artery earlier in the day. The kept me call until I decided to just jam on my guitar. Long story short I had an after glow for almost 3 months afterwards

this stuff is not for recreation. It’s medicine given by the creator. In death we are reborn. Let’s the shrooms open your ‘hero’ neurology, be scared, be frightened. Fight the dragon within. Have a sitter to keep you safe.
My story: I ate 6 grams dried, and about an hour later started to feel it, I went to my apartment with my friends and I laid in bed. I opened up about my IV meth use and was afraid I had struck a artery earlier in the day. The kept me call until I decided to just jam on my guitar. Long story short I had an after glow for almost 3 months afterwards
Kratom, nor anything else will cause lethargy during a trip. The psychedelic experience overpowers anything except cannabis for a boost and other psychedelics.

Benzodiazepines helped me remain in control on psilocybin one time in school senior year I remember uttering an Osho quote to two teachers as I peaked they thought I was already permafried haha

I found temazepam a great one to just abort a trip that is too much. 20mg would knock me out. Had to do it once after eating 3.5gram fresh of that penis looking psilocybe mushrooms in amsterdam and it all got a bit much.

Usually just have them at hand if things get a bit much. But i do believe its best to just be in the right setting and sit it out in most instances. Some of the best trips i have been through all the emotions. I guess that is why they call it a trip

@FuneralFather

"I just basically had ego death in a seedy crack motel.. while waiting for a PO to come verify my address. Or had other things that set and setting most likely influenced."

"I hear Terrence McKenna stating fear in psychedelics comes from not taking enough, to break through to visuals, etc etc"

No matter the dose; Psylocybin mushroom's or Truffle's are for me troublesome trips. Nothing to do with setting. Microdosing, maybe that can be pulled of with this Fungus.

Set and setting is not that important for me either. The choice of the Hallucinogen does matter. LSD/ ALD-52, 4-HO-MIPT or AL-LAD. No bad trips. Phenethylamine's like DOC or 2C-C or a tryptamine like 5-Meo-DIPT. Difficult trips. Its just the nature of our brains to respond better to one then the other substance.

My age matter's. When I was below 40, every trip was difficult, except that one exceptional one on native Liberty Caps with one line of good Cocaine. But afaik Mushrooms are the worst psychedelic's to begin with.

Last edited: