• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines How to best integrate benzos with psilocybin

Yea. Sympathetic nervous system and parasympathetic. Drugs will bind to multiple receptors. @Skorpio

More fundamental than that. 5ht2a agonism decreases the activity of GABA a channels through phosphorylation. As benzos increase GABA a receptor activation when GABA is present, they will directly interfere with the activity of psychadelics (hence why they are fairly effective trip abortificants).

The parasympathetic and sympathetic branches of nervous system are how your brain sends inhibitory and stimulatory signals to muscles/organs/glands, not really germane to the topic.

Looping is what gives me the creeping panic attacks that I have to mentally fight off. No thanks.
Though, I can say I've experienced a "trippy" loop pattern once or twice over the years...but you can have it. :)

@FuneralFather I think you may be overthinking this whole thing. If I were in the state of analysis on whether or not to take and how much and with what that you've been doing, I'd just end up too scared to take any.

That being said, decent introspection happens even on low doses (1-2g), in my experience, so I wouldn't worry about not achieving that, which is what I think you talk about briefly in your first post...I also got bug-eyed trying to go through that block of text and had to stop reading....and that's on a 17" monitor with everything on night mode. :p

Honestly, no not particularly. I find that it makes it hard to let go and enjoy to the fullest.

Do you enjoy it?
I mean yeah it can be miserable at times, but sometimes I find it funny or amusing. Getting stuck in time gives me a laugh usually these days.

Looping is what gives me the creeping panic attacks that I have to mentally fight off. No thanks.
Though, I can say I've experienced a "trippy" loop pattern once or twice over the years...but you can have it. :)

@FuneralFather I think you may be overthinking this whole thing. If I were in the state of analysis on whether or not to take and how much and with what that you've been doing, I'd just end up too scared to take any.

That being said, decent introspection happens even on low doses (1-2g), in my experience, so I wouldn't worry about not achieving that, which is what I think you talk about briefly in your first post...I also got bug-eyed trying to go through that block of text and had to stop reading....and that's on a 17" monitor with everything on night mode. :p
Yeah I’m sorry. Either kratom dose was to low or oxy dose was too low lmao I’m taking 2 grams. I’ve decided like I said, there’s nothing I can do to counteract the anxiety. If I wanna learn how to beat anxiety and depression mentally, this is one of the best ways I know of... I’m just finally trying to get my dose right I know 3.5 was too much for a beginner , where would you go from there if you was returning after a 10+ year sabbatical

I have a similar issue with mushrooms, I feel great for one hour & then always hear a high pitched ringing in my ears.... I then seem to get stuck on the same thought loop over and over.... it’s always the same word which is repeating in my head, “wibbledy” - that’s the sound which I hear in my head over and over, very hard to explain but it’s a bit like when a cd is scratched and it gets stuck and repeats that noise over and over again. I’ve found the only way to beat it is to play music in my ears through headphones. I can now observe the thought and it is more annoying that anything else it’s just unpleasant if it lasts for ages and sends me a bit mad. I haven’t taken any more than 0.8 g of dried pan cyans (i think that’s the type) but would like to go deeper soon.

I have a similar issue with mushrooms, I feel great for one hour & then always hear a high pitched ringing in my ears.... I then seem to get stuck on the same thought loop over and over.... it’s always the same word which is repeating in my head, “wibbledy” - that’s the sound which I hear in my head over and over, very hard to explain but it’s a bit like when a cd is scratched and it gets stuck and repeats that noise over and over again. I’ve found the only way to beat it is to play music in my ears through headphones. I can now observe the thought and it is more annoying that anything else it’s just unpleasant if it lasts for ages and sends me a bit mad. I haven’t taken any more than 0.8 g of dried pan cyans (i think that’s the type) but would like to go deeper soon.

'Wibbledy' :ROFLMAO:

On mushrooms, that word would have me in stitches for hours...

I’m just finally trying to get my dose right I know 3.5 was too much for a beginner , where would you go from there if you was returning after a 10+ year sabbatical

I would legit start with 1g, as I've said to you many a time in the last month. :p

Or wait, did you already take the 2g dose? And are now trying to go lower or higher?

I have a fairly solid benzo tolerance (1+ year daily use now, medical reasons) and I still find I can trip hard. Visuals are blunted unless I really push the dose though. Opioids are more blunting imo, benzos just tone down some of the mental looping and the like that some might consider valuable and insightful. But heck, I still get good looping on LSD even with benzos.

I just think people are overstating the strength of benzos in effecting psychedelics. They aren't as muting as you'd think IME.

Idk man, i know several Benz headz that basicly cant get any effects from moderate doses of lsd or mushrooms.

I mean that even 300ug of needlepoint barely makes the walls breathe.
And thats even if they take a Day off the pills.
However these are polydrug addicts so who knows how their brains react anymore.

Like start every day with valium and a bump of Speed kind of deal.

Like start every day with valium and a bump of Speed kind of deal.
Well yeah there's a big difference between someone popping a variety of uppers and downers then not tripping versus a short half-life medical benzo habit which doesn't blunt psychedelic effects at all really. I don't doubt that benzos blunt trips (clonazepam especially ime) but unless you're waking up to valium every day like you mentioned, you should be able to dose past the barrier.

Just take a little benzos before.

If you are not dependent, take even the tiniest amount. If you are, dose your shroom somewhere in the middle between dosing.

I wouldn't worry about it killing your trip, simply eat more mushrooms. The last 20+ times I have eaten shrooms I have taken benzos, opiates, and massive amount of weed with it and felt great. As long as you are smoking some good weed you will trip. A little bit of kpin isn't going to ruin anything. Now 4-6mg of kpin, would probably numb it down, but .25-.5 even taken together will be fine. Especially if you have tolerance (which I assume you do since you get a script).

Just take a little benzos before.

If you are not dependent, take even the tiniest amount. If you are, dose your shroom somewhere in the middle between dosing.

I wouldn't worry about it killing your trip, simply eat more mushrooms. The last 20+ times I have eaten shrooms I have taken benzos, opiates, and massive amount of weed with it and felt great. As long as you are smoking some good weed you will trip. A little bit of kpin isn't going to ruin anything. Now 4-6mg of kpin, would probably numb it down, but .25-.5 even taken together will be fine. Especially if you have tolerance (which I assume you do since you get a script).
Not much of a tolerance, I only get 10 1 mg a month.

I wanna take more

Well, just keep in mind what you went through in the past as a sort of boundary for yourself.

3g is a decent amount for a heavier trip without being too overwhelming. I've gone higher but don't feel the need any more. I like low dose mellow highs now. Once I saw my neighbourhood of apartment blocks disappear in a cosmic explosion of light and time stopped I didn't really feel the need to ever live that again.

i never went back to high dose shrooms after i had 7 g of subgaeriousa which was like 13 grams of cubensis. That was fucking mental felt like my entire head was almost explode with the sound of that intense DMT buzz that smashed me through some crazy tryptamine dimension saw my dead ancestors had gnomes pop out of the god dam floor out of the matrix and stare me down.

I really do think mushrooms are something that are more beneficial in normal doses like 2.5-3.5 g. While doses of 5 g cubensis equivalent are good for those who seek ego death as tryptamines are just so much better at inducing it than LSD.

TBH for myself i believe shrooms are a psychedelic which don't really require a benzo to end due to the relaxing nature of the body high and earth grounded trip and the short acting peak means if you do find yourself overwhelmed it will be over soon in real time soon compared to a bad trip on LSD where if you get stuck in one you might be fighting through the trip for a solid 8 + hours which benzos are a godsend where every second becomes a living hell.

i never went back to high dose shrooms after i had 7 g of subgaeriousa which was like 13 grams of cubensis. That was fucking mental felt like my entire head was almost explode with the sound of that intense DMT buzz that smashed me through some crazy tryptamine dimension saw my dead ancestors had gnomes pop out of the god dam floor out of the matrix and stare me down.

I really do think mushrooms are something that are more beneficial in normal doses like 2.5-3.5 g. While doses of 5 g cubensis equivalent are good for those who seek ego death as tryptamines are just so much better at inducing it than LSD.

TBH for myself i believe shrooms are a psychedelic which don't really require a benzo to end due to the relaxing nature of the body high and earth grounded trip and the short acting peak means if you do find yourself overwhelmed it will be over soon in real time soon compared to a bad trip on LSD where if you get stuck in one you might be fighting through the trip for a solid 8 + hours which benzos are a godsend where every second becomes a living hell.
I’ve never really had a bad LSD trip, most of my challenging times during a trip came during a shroom trip. I just like bolden the facts so maybe someone can offer advice that helps me not consume any benzo. In the past I just had to ride it out, I had no prescription to benzos. The challenges generally it’s towards the end of trip, thought loops begin and I begin to think I’m stuck in a trip. Ego death isn’t something I think I experienced at high doses. Although I will say it shaped my outlook on life, I don’t really remember the high dose I took. I do remember time stopped existing. I felt more attuned to the idea of law of attraction. I was totally disconnected with reality though, I just fear that 1 g may not even be enough to get outta the atmosphere let alone into low earth orbit. If I was going to put a analogy on it. I would say I been to the moon. Hell I been to Pluto, this time I would like to go to the International space station and hangout if that makes senseI was young and dumb and didn’t integrate a damn thing I learned into my life I wasted the experience and I don’t wanna do that. But my ego also is holding on for dear life.

Well, just keep in mind what you went through in the past as a sort of boundary for yourself.

3g is a decent amount for a heavier trip without being too overwhelming. I've gone higher but don't feel the need any more. I like low dose mellow highs now. Once I saw my neighbourhood of apartment blocks disappear in a cosmic explosion of light and time stopped I didn't really feel the need to ever live that again.
Yeah I mean I agree. I can deal with hallucinations and delusions. I just find it hard to be in that realm and not feel like I’m stuck there.

Yeah I mean I agree. I can deal with hallucinations and delusions. I just find it hard to be in that realm and not feel like I’m stuck there.
Imo you 1st post was no prob to read through. You mentioned underdosing. Related to unpleasant trip's.

With Truffles, Shroom's before that, i always underdosed I guess. The trips were consequent diffficult. The time dilation worsens this. But I never experienced with higher doses.

I did always feel better after the endless trip.

On benzo's, I do use a lot of LSD analogues. 4-HO-Mipt and Disso's. And dosing a benzo beforehand, during and or after. Is beside the obvious bad dark side of Benzodiazepine addiction.
Not of influence on my trips. Note I am used to them tapering atm.

Same with Alcohol, although that bother's my stomach when I am tripping. And i seem to care less for it during my trip's.