View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines How to best integrate benzos with psilocybin

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’m not saying I will, this is a last resort I’m wanting to trip, as many of you know I’ve had my experiences but I was too young to integrate nor comprehend what they meant, I just basically had ego death in a seedy crack motel.. while waiting for a PO to come verify my address. Or had other things that set and setting most likely influenced. But I have a gram, ready to be consumed. I have more then that In total Ground up and ready to go. but suddenly I don’t know if that will be enough. I hear Terrence McKenna stating fear in psychedelics comes from not taking enough, to break through to visuals, etc etc. I’m not trying to get a heavy body stone or anything level 2 (levels of tripping google it b) and I’m not trying have ego death(level 5+) right now. But I need direction, I’d like peace, and to use this to rewire my brain not to worry so much about every little thing. I think caution and planning is a good thing but impulsivity in my past have led me to overcompensate I guess and overthink everything to the point where I don’t even enjoy life like I should . I wanna work at my brain so that my girl doesn’t have to miss out on parasailing and cruises and going out, I love her and I want to be the many she enjoys life with, not the one that kills and fun we think of. As many of you know I’m bipolar so I talked to my psychiatrist. He had no problem with this, although he said microdosing.. not upwards of 2-3.5 grams, to preface I’ve taken large doses 10+ grams and during that time it almost felt as if I had truly found positivity so I’m not really like a person that takes it starts tripping and says omg I’m dying... Atleast not yet mushrooms have been gentle, but there’s always a point in my trip which it switches on me and I think it’s never going to end. This could be my set and setting. Tripping at my mothers previous boyfriends, when I’m not even allowed to live there cause of drug usage, probably wasn’t the best idea. Especially when he bust down the door as I’m hiding under a bed and starts berating my step brother to clean his room. (Very old fashioned military man, I really don’t blame him for not liking me I was a POS coming off and on all those psychiatric meds and mixing with other drugs. Or staying with your uncle “trying to get your shit straight” knowing he’s a devout southern baptist type, knowing I have to work with him at 6 am for room and board and trying to sober up a trip wasn’t a good time either. So I guess it’s given me a little PTSD as far as shrooms to. I’m trying to combat that with klonopin, I take klonopin I’m prescribed 10 a month. As I told him I don’t want 30 and to become dependent on them.. but that’s besides them point all that being said I know benzos and caps are like oil and water, I wanna get the best of these mushrooms but for my first return I’m not sure if I can do them without taking a benzo beforehand. I don’t wanna influence my trip to be bad just cause I keep over analyzing things, but I’ve overanalyzed myself into anxiety attack the past few times I really start getting things ready to trip just the thought of being back in that negative thought loop is nothing I can’t handle I just don’t wanna do it for 6 hours. like I said I’m trying to return to these for guidance, to learn to love life more, not be such a grinch so maybe to learn to not worry I know I’ll have to be placed into situations in which I worry or difficult. Ideally ego death is optimal it’s something I plan on working to go to cause I’m tired of being driven by myself all the time. My ego is what’s ruined happiness and caused me to use other drugs just to protect it’s little shell. It needs shattered as a everyone’s does. Im to worried about myself, whether it be what I want or what I’m worried about and it would be nice to achieve something that takes me out of that mindframeb but I’m not psychologically ready for all that while simultaneously coming off opiates and marijuana ( trying to clean both my house and body before this. I know the answer to the question i ask, I shouldn’t even be asking it I know it will dull my experience and the best way to do it is to save klonopin for if it truly gets dark. I just wanna gather y’all’s thoughts. Tripping is something I’ma do regardless, I’d just like maybe some insights and help into getting the anxiety Atleast controlled enough to calm down so I can take it. Tried kava.. that’s trash. Kratom helps but I don’t know if I wanna be lethargic during my trip. I’ve tried teas like yogi stress relief. Lemon balm was recommended and nothing helps the way klonopin does, I would drink a beer or so.. but that gives me an instant hangover if I don’t keep drinking and I’m not really trying to have a headache while I self analyze. What do y’all think obvious I’m probably not ready for it, or maybe I am and I’m just not confident. What y’all think Bluelight family. I hope everyone is having an amazing week!

Tldr but read up to the point where u said u want benzos in ur system before u trip @FuneralFather try using paragraphs

It will greatly weaken the trip you may not even trip at all

Take a higher dose and have benzos at hand incase it becomes too.
Benzos are trip aborters.
As soon as its too strong or u start to worry pop one under you tounge and let it dissolve, within 5-10 mins your trip will have calmed right down to almost nothing

Tldr but read up to the point where u said u want benzos in ur system before u trip @FuneralFather try using paragraphs

It will greatly weaken the trip you may not even trip at all

Take a higher dose and have benzos at hand incase it becomes too.
Benzos are trip aborters.
As soon as its too strong or u start to worry pop one under you tounge and let it dissolve, within 5-10 mins your trip will have calmed right down to almost nothing
Ok, sorry I’m not sure what tldr means, I’m also sorry I talk very fragmented as my ideas come very quickly. My question would then be would dose of klonopin as it’s the actual brand name be more then what I take therapeutically? If I do get to that point? Would you double up the dosage or take what you would normally take? Also would taking it before hand. Say the night before so I have less inhibitions about it still blunt my trip?
I was deciding on taking a gram, Im nervous, I’m also not really sure the potency of these as they were homegrown, so I’m not really sure if it’s good or bad shit. Just that it is legitimate Golden Teachers. I do know they were grown in healthy conditions. Although they got dumped outta a silly panic for a day outside and it was around 40-50 degrees that night, but then immediately picked back up and place back in monotub, do you think this would effect the potency that much? I bring this up as I have decided now to take a much larger dose. I misused these in the past, which led to a sorta fear about them but I generally don’t have come up anxiety I get anxious to the end when I get stuck in a thought loop of thinking it’s not going to end. I since cleared up that myth of being stuck in a trip forever, that being said I wanna have the right dose the reintroduce these to myself. I’ve decided that 3.5 is a good goal to get back to but I need to learn how to handle my emotions while I’m tripping so I’m thinking of anywhere between 1gram- 2.5? I’m also wondering if taking a klonopin the night before, could help with lowering my inhibitions about taking them in the first place. Klonopin with its long half life, makes me think I could take it 10-16 hours beforehand, which would make me a lot more calm going into it. Would this still blunt the effects as well?

@FuneralFather it means 'too long - didnt read'
Im using a mobile and the massive wall of text strains my eyes. Insert some paragraphs and i can read the last comment

I got about as far as "if i took it the night before would it dull the experience" before my eyes started stinging and watering, blurring my vision.

To answer that: that depends on kpins half life - ie is it still in your system.

I'd want to have NO benzo in my system
1.to not dull the trip
2.to make any 'abort' benzos i took (if needed) hit harder?

@FuneralFather it means 'too long - didnt read'
Im using a mobile and the massive wall of text strains my eyes. Insert some paragraphs and i can read the last comment

I got about as far as "if i took it the night before would it dull the experience" before my eyes started stinging and watering, blurring my vision.

To answer that: that depends on kpins half life - ie is it still in your system.

1.to not dull the trip
Good deal. Sorry for wall of text.

1.to not dull the trip

I agree with this 100%. Use the benzos only as a trip killer if necessary.

I also agree that your posts are hard to read lol.
But from what I can decipher, it sounds like way too much over-analyzing.
Just take a moderate dose (1-2 grams) and keep your benzo handy just in case. I don't think anything bad will come of that.
Here's to good tripping!

I am sorry, I also could not read your entire first post. I gather your question essentially is about taking benzos with psychedelics though based on what I could read and the responses you've received so far.

IMO combining benzos and psychedelics isn't necessarily a bad thing, and doesn't necessarily blunt the effects of the latter all that much - but it depends on your reasons for tripping. If you're hoping for something truly profound and and genuine insights into your life, the universe, spirituality or whatever then benzos will definitely diminish that somewhat but depending on dose and other factors it can (probably) still be possible to get something useful out of it. You have to be careful though when reintegrating as it's possible (IME) to mistake a lingering benzo anxiolysis for a psychedelic afterglow, and these states have quite different levels of durability and useful connection to rational decision making.

If your goal is pure hedonism I don't think you need to worry too much about the combination except to say that be careful not to take more benzos than you usually would while in an altered state, although this advice goes for any combo where benzos are involved, or even benzos alone.

In either case though as has been mentioned I would agree that the best option is to begin your journey without any benzos in your system (unless you are physically dependent obviously) but just have them on hand if needed.

Ive had very dampened effects from psychs even the day after a low dose valium.
Esp with shrooms it really kills the trip.

Low amounts of alcohol is alot better to calm your nerves.

A combo i really Enjoy is a shot of tequila to wash down the mushrooms.
It takes the edge of the bodyload and actually makes the shrooms hit faster and smoother.

Another trick is doing the Lemon tek, it Will shorten the comeup and also reduces Body load.

It seems that most people get issues before the peak.
So try grinding your mushrooms into a shot glass with Lemon juice.
Then take a shot of booze after the Lemon/mushroom shot.

Then be careful with cannabis of you indulge it, it can really Up anxiety IF you smoke to Early in the trip.
However at the end of the trip its usually quite calming.

Then you can Keep your benzos as a emergency brake.

Well oddly everyone, my anxiety really isn’t in the come up if I remember correctly. I’m usually find with visuals, body loads, etc etc, my mind just tends to thought loop a lot normally as you can see, so taking a substance that boosts connection for someone who already has a lot of connections going on can get a little frightening. It’s usually the same thing though every single time, that I think I’ve done it to myself this time for good and Ill be stuck in a trip I’ll never get out of. Hence the benzos. I agree with sipping though 40 ozers and shrooms made for an amazing night the last time I tried. Them I feel more postive now though, cause before I didn’t have any benzo so I had to just deal with it. Question would propanol help instead or kepra? Basically trying everything short of benzos or drinking to make sure I’m in calmest state possible

Ive had very dampened effects from psychs even the day after a low dose valium.
Esp with shrooms it really kills the trip.

Low amounts of alcohol is alot better to calm your nerves.

A combo i really Enjoy is a shot of tequila to wash down the mushrooms.
It takes the edge of the bodyload and actually makes the shrooms hit faster and smoother.

Another trick is doing the Lemon tek, it Will shorten the comeup and also reduces Body load.

It seems that most people get issues before the peak.
So try grinding your mushrooms into a shot glass with Lemon juice.
Then take a shot of booze after the Lemon/mushroom shot.

Then be careful with cannabis of you indulge it, it can really Up anxiety IF you smoke to Early in the trip.
However at the end of the trip its usually quite calming.

Then you can Keep your benzos as a emergency brake.
Yeah no cannabis and I’m trying my best to clear all the opiates out of my body as well before hand. Ultimately I now understand that I need to dive in like at the pool it may be cold and warm up or it may be just right I’ll never know until I get there, lemon tek seems amazing. I’m wondering if I can just sub the alcohol for a tea, lemon balm was recommended. Well really anything with lemons. I think all ima do is take a stamets 7 my normal vitamins and l theanine and ima take a break from using k pins today so that if I need them they will work better

It may be helpful to have them in therapy with a trained professional who knows how to address your demons as they come up. Oregon or Canada do that now. But really they expose trauma of the human experience and allow you to address it head on.

It may be helpful to have them in therapy with a trained professional who knows how to address your demons as they come up. Oregon or Canada do that now. But really they expose trauma of the human experience and allow you to address it head on.
Yeah with everything being closed for holidays. Ima journal my feelings when I take it and try to find a therapist that works with this. Pharmacologically I’m good, psychiatrist doesn’t seem worried at all and no contraindications with meds.

I do wonder like I said if propanol would help with anxiety, and raise in blood pressure. Hmm very interesting thought..

If you get a good set and setting FF, time alone without being able to be interrupted you should be able to rise above all the worries. You can look at yourself in the mirror as it is taking effect, confirm you have faith in yourself as you probably have come through some much rougher stuff in this life. Hopefuly you turn out a chuckle and just enjoy the next few hours. Music is a must. But let all the stuff you typed become background chatter that is irrelevent.

Saying that I have no experience with giving advice to someone diagnosed as bipolar. Although from what I gather plenty of people here are bipolar and do a lot of drugs. lol :) But I will let others with more experience chime in. I am just saying have some Faith in yourself. I would put it away for now and stop thinking about it, then one day get a good set and setting and enjoy.

Save the benzo for after. They do take a trip down to less than half the strength on just a normal dose for me but I hardly take them. In fact I can never feel benzo's until I take them to come down from a trip. But wait some hours, let the trip finish. Mushrooms I would say wait at least 5 hours before a benzo.

I have a fairly solid benzo tolerance (1+ year daily use now, medical reasons) and I still find I can trip hard. Visuals are blunted unless I really push the dose though. Opioids are more blunting imo, benzos just tone down some of the mental looping and the like that some might consider valuable and insightful. But heck, I still get good looping on LSD even with benzos.

I just think people are overstating the strength of benzos in effecting psychedelics. They aren't as muting as you'd think IME.

Benzodiazepines are active at gaba receptors. Psychedelics are active to serotonin and epinephrine receptors. Different pathways.

Benzodiazepines are active at gaba receptors. Psychedelics are active to serotonin and epinephrine receptors. Different pathways.

There is cross talk between those systems. No receptors in the brain exist in isolation.

Yea. Sympathetic nervous system and parasympathetic. Drugs will bind to multiple receptors. @Skorpio