• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How strong is kratom compared to hydro/oxy...

blase deviant

Bluelighter
...could anyone with experience compare dosages of kratom (please specify which type, i.e. powder, standardized/high quality leaf, resin, whatever) to hydro/oxy for me?

its a different drug, thats like saying how much METH will it take to get a good mdma high.

So if I'm used to hydro/oxy I won't even feel a decent high?

Does it compare to weaker opiates like dihydrocodeine?

I've heard others say it was a bit more stimulating but definitely had an opiate effect if you got the standardized extract/resin?

smackem, i wouldnt say thats true at all, ive heard of it being compared to opiates such as oxy

correction: higher doses of kratom extract are comparable to oxy

How does methadone compare to hydrocodone. I know methadone is more potent but what is the conversion of say 40 mgs of methadone?

Kratom has a high but its not that warm good feeling you get on hydro. with Kratom its more of a syntheticy narcotic buzz, kinda like over the counter cough medicine. Personally, I ordered a gram of the 15X extract and took the whole thing in one dosage. Felt alright, didnt make me feel like i wanted to order more because of its speedy-down feeling. Speaking of hydrocodone, i wish i had me some right now =(

opium den said:
Kratom has a high but its not that warm good feeling you get on hydro. with Kratom its more of a syntheticy narcotic buzz, kinda like over the counter cough medicine. Personally, I ordered a gram of the 15X extract and took the whole thing in one dosage. Felt alright, didnt make me feel like i wanted to order more because of its speedy-down feeling. Speaking of hydrocodone, i wish i had me some right now =(

I didn't you know the 15x was available in just one gram increments. You obviously got a different place.

Anyway, what's your oxy/hydro/whatever tolerance?

1 gram of 15x really isn't going to do much for you at all. Especially if you have any kind of tolerance. Try 3-4 grams.

Kratom can be extremely euphoric and warm and wonderfull just as an opiate can. In fact it has partial MU affinity so it does infact produce some sort of opiate buzz. For me it became an opiate replacement. A way to keep my focus away from real opiates. I am now left with an addiction, a legal one albeit, so be careful with this stuff but it is indeed quite powerful. I have had doses that i would compare to a strong dose of hydrocodone, even oxycodone because of the stimulation. The 10 and 15x extracts are quite powerful but extremely expensive as far as price per dose goes. And with time your tolerance will go up rather quickly. I usualy make a cup of 16-20 grams of leaves as the leaves are extremely price efficient. With little tolerance you can get up to 10 doses for around 35 dollars for a quarter pound of leaves. Additionaly, mixed with additional downers, legal or illegal, also increases the euphoria and overall experience. My personal favorate is 20+ grams of leaves, 2mg xanax, and kava kava. The kava kava extract adds so much euphoria, i dont understand why, but it makes for a GREAT experience.

bZoP said:
The kava kava extract adds so much euphoria, i dont understand why, but it makes for a GREAT experience.

Thanks, I always wondered how it would react. I figured it would be good, but didn't it would be THAT good. I can't wait to try it tonight!

MildKandy said:
How does methadone compare to hydrocodone. I know methadone is more potent but what is the conversion of say 40 mgs of methadone?

According to the opiate conversion chart at heroinhelper.com, 40mgs of methadone would be equal to roughly 50-60mg of hydrocodone. However, one needs to keep in mind that the half-life of methadone is 24 or more hours, whereas hydrocodone's half-life is about 4-7 hours. This increases the risk of overdose when using methadone a great deal. After 24 hours, 20mg of the methadone would still be left in your body, so if you take 40mg the next day, you are all the way up to 60mg. 24 hours later, you may be up to 70mg (30mg + 40mg).You cannot just do a conversion of the two drugs without taking this into account. I've heard of many people overdosing because of this fact. Do your research before doing this. I've never taken methadone, but I have read enough about it to know that it can be very dangerous. Ask some people here who have taken methadone what they have done, though my advice would be to steer clear of this drug unless under medical supervision.

cashtothemoney said:
According to the opiate conversion chart at heroinhelper.com, 40mgs of methadone would be equal to roughly 50-60mg of hydrocodone. However, one needs to keep in mind that the half-life of methadone is 24 or more hours, whereas hydrocodone's half-life is about 4-7 hours. This increases the risk of overdose when using methadone a great deal. After 24 hours, 20mg of the methadone would still be left in your body, so if you take 40mg the next day, you are all the way up to 60mg. 24 hours later, you may be up to 70mg (30mg + 40mg).You cannot just do a conversion of the two drugs without taking this into account. I've heard of many people overdosing because of this fact. Do your research before doing this. I've never taken methadone, but I have read enough about it to know that it can be very dangerous. Ask some people here who have taken methadone what they have done, though my advice would be to steer clear of this drug unless under medical supervision.

Yep. Methadone is NO JOKE!! If you have no tolerance and you take a 40mg methadone, you will be sick for probably more than 24 hours. It's a little stronger than hydro, but it lasts a long time. If you have no tolerance and take a 10 mg methadone you will probably have a pleasant buzz for most of the day (unless you're like <120 lbs). I've seen at least one friend die directly as a result of methadone use. It's not a good drug and from what I've heard it's one of the hardest opiates to withdraw from. Liquid handcuffs.

Sorry to hijack. I don't know squat about Kratom.

Peace,
Stoddard

I know with my opiates you can do em one day, skip two, then do em again without getting addicted (did it with oxy for 6 months, no withdrawal).

But since Methadone has such a long life, does this rule still apply?

10 mgs of methadone will put you in a good mood but not really give you a buzz, even if you dont have a tolerance.

So if I took 20mg-30mg of done every 3rd day (i.e. skip 2 days), would I be addicted?

I know this rule works for oxy, but like I said, done has a huge half-life and I don't want that monkey on my back.

Honestly blase I think the three day rule is treading on thin ice. Sure you may not fall into physical addiction but how long can you take two days off before you crack and become mentally addicted? All it takes is a shitty time in life to drive most otherwise responsible users to a pattern of overuse. This is even more dangerous with methadone because of the long half life. I would never even consider doing it more than once a week with no other opiate use if you wish to stay non-dependent. Then again that is just my personal opinion on the matter and not a definite time frame answer.

I'd take Codeine over Kratom any day. Total garbage in my experience.

I have tried Kratom from different sources and at different doses....I don't think it compares to hydro or oxy at all, but different strokes for different folks.

In my opinion, I would get it once to try--the only reason I even bothered ordering it from different sources is because someone swore up and down that it was good....now, keep in mind, I had a decent sized habit (200-240 mg of oxycontin for maintenance), so that may have contributed, but even when I was down to 2mg bupe and stepped off, kratom had little to no effect.

swybs