• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How Often Do You Do The Do?

well, i'd say that asym and i would roll maybe once a month, speed two w/ends a month, and nothing one w/end a month. aroundabouts. we'd prolly end up doing more but ever since i had that thing that gave me the shakes for 4 months (and still, occasionally) we are taking the health risks a bit more seriously. i cant speak for addiction or doing it every w/end because i've been too scared for myself to go there.
i do know that we will always end up w/ *something* when we go out, if we have a straight w/end its cuz we didnt go partying, which isnt good. i'd like to feel like i can go to a party sober and that the sobriety is not because we couldnt get anything worth taking.
anyways, i think it would be great if sometime we could have a bluelight meetup where we all go sober! i think it would be fun to party w/ others who understand how hard it might be to go out and do it straight. we'd have some support.
smile.gif

anyways, best of luck to you chupachup in getting a handle on things, and to anyone else struggling to keep it moderate.
smile.gif

take care peeps. smilez!
smile.gif

i do about 11 per week and thats been every week for the past 5 mths and i always feel fine.
i dont think thats too many!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

=HIROLA=

I go out anything between 2,3 or 4 weeks apart. When I go I take between 1 1/2 - 2 pills in a night. I never go out more than one night in the weekend, so I dont think that I am a heavy user.
I do find though, that I am constantly looking forward to the next time we go out. I want that feeling back again damnit!

At the moment I have been going out every weekend for the last 2 years, bar 7 weekends where i didnt have anything.
I have noticed some major changes in my life in terms of quality of memory - my short term memory can be only 20 seconds at times, weight loss - i am about 6 foot yet i havent got over 67kg for about a year and a half, tiredness - all through the week i am continually tired and my normal thinking skills have been greatly slowed down. Also as a result of tiredness, i have been surfing a lot less 4-5 times a week down to 2-3.
Have spoken to a few doctors and they have said that once i stop i will be able to regain most of what i lost, so here's hoping.
All of these things i see as concessions that i have given to the side affects of clubbing and something that i will have to live with if i want to still be able to take stuff every weekend. It will get to a point where i value my health over my social life but that will come with maturity and that will have to wait.
I guess what i am trying to contribute instead of whinging and moaning about my own problems is - if dont keep an eye on what is happening you can lose track of yourself and before you know it you are greatly affected by an activity which is supposed to be fun. All in all if you don't want to be badly affected by clubbing then watch yourself early on and dont let it get out of hand or before you know it, its 2 years down the track and you haven't had a decent sleep on the weekend for a long time.
[This message has been edited by delroy (edited 06 August 2000).]
[This message has been edited by delroy (edited 07 August 2000).]

I'm up with you on that one Goosh...I am stoked about how much people and how often people do E. Well I have been popping pills for 1 year now and I still hold myself from having more than 1 every couple of weeks, I thought that was bad enough, I do jack compared to some of you guys. I think if a pill is worth having you shouldn't need more than 1 a night, 2 max. If a pill is a shit pill, you are just gona screw yourself up if you have another one or 3 or 4 for that matter. Doesn't it scare everyone to think that we are the guinea pigs for ecstasy!! Who knows what the shit is gona do to us. Be carefull and take it easy guys....(This is not a lecture, just an opinion)

OK I wouldn't mind the opinion of Bluelighters. I've had an OK trot over the last couple of months I think, is it too hard?
Last hardware: White Y2K (1st pill)
Gatecrasher: Grey Fish (1st real pill - the one that started it all hehe)
Oliver Ho: straight
EPTAS: Grey Mitsi
FF/Belfast: Mitsi Turbo
XSIVE: Mitsi Turbo
TRADE: 2 Mitsi Turbo's
Jungle Buziness:Mitsi Turbo + 3/4 Hoff 2000 + few joints
Zone 4 (Kryal): 2 Grey Harmony's + 2 cones after finish during chill session
Dress up cocktail party: drunk
smile.gif

code red/@tmosphear/HK: British Telecom
Teriyaki: riiiiiipped
SSU: pink lady plus 25 nitrous bulbs
Good by some, weak by others, problably falling somewhere among medium....
Soma.

i havent really been partying for long.. its been just over a year now.. and i havent been taking e for very long.. just under a year now...
but i like to think that i am being sensible about taking e. as far as i can remember, i've never taken more than one in a weekend.. except over new years eve. its cause i can honestly weigh up taking more, going hard and not taking more, not going as hard. also, in some cases, its because i cant afford to blow a large amount of money on drugs. if i started taking 2 in a night to get back that first-few-rolls feeling.. i'll only later move onto 3.. and then by 2003 or so i'll need 4 to get anything.. i know of a girl that has just gotten so out of control that she takes up to 8 in one night these days..
its all fun, and it can be so hard to turn your back on more sometimes.. but you really have to think about where you're heading and whether in the long run, continuing along the track that you are on is going to sink you further and further down, and if you are getting out of control, like that girl i mentioned.
I never tell anyone that they should or shouldnt take pills, or that they are getting out of control.. i dont think its my responsibility really. but anytime anyone says "nah, i gotta give it a rest for a while" i make sure im fully supportive and i make sure they know i think they're making a good choice.
not being able to have a good weekend without pills is a problem. but you have to set your limits for yourself. remember : no one else is able to tell you when you've gone too far. you and everyone has to be responsible for themself. i've learned that.
------------------
The red blinky world is a whole lot different to this one.

As I see it, and I've been there myself, there si a pattern here. People simply like to experiment and push the boundaries. I have been at the once a week stage before, but now have chilled and drop only once in a while. Alright, maybe about once every 2 weeks - 1.5 pills does me fine. anymore is a waste - or so. I definately think there is a point for everyone. You take yourself to the limit and then realise that you don't need to be on the edge all of the time. You can quite happily sit back and enjoy at your leisure. I suppose it's kind of like getting old. The older you are, the more you covet the time you have...the longer you pill...the more you wish to ahve quality experiences. Maybe I am just spewig shite but this is how I perceive things.
DB

hmm, this is a really interesting thread which definately need *bumping*
I have never really gone over the top when it comes to munching/taking drugs simply because I didnt let myself over the year. Too much at risk.
But I could so easily see myself become accustomed to that lifestyle. There is so much glamour, hype, friends. So many things to enjoy, that you cant help but become facinated.
I find everytime I watch Human Traffic I get that big ass grin on my face and that huge urge to go out. As smurf said, its not just the drugs, its everything...the planning, the music, the cloths, the people. It all adds to a fantastic night, but ultimately it can probably chase you down.
We will see what the summer brings, but I think the moral is moderation.
What do people think?

I like what Dangermouse said...my plan is to keep to the two rules you spelled out...they make a lot of sense.
On my own personal experience, until the beginning of this year i munched every weekend from around August 98 until Jan 2000. Often over 5 pills a week. Very tragic, and it definately is not the way to go.
The highs arent worth the lows. All you start to feel from the eggs is the negative side-effects, things which you dont even really notice if you munch sensibly.
Lately, I pleased to report that i've calmed down. I go out once or twice a month and try and limit dosage to 5 a night max...with 2 being the preferred target.

Around 96 I'd do it every fortnight or so. With 2 the most each time. Once we got a tolerance and felt we needed more, we stopped for ages... considering the amount of mdxx that is usually in the pills, you're mostly getting a huge dose of the whoknowswhat that its cut with!
If there are mostly just shit pills around, that doesn't mean having a heap of them will be good... for example, having one cone of good buds will always be better than having 30 cones of leaf, right?
To me the feeling you get isn't good enough to be worth the risk.
It's like injecting drugs - it might feel good, but surely not THAT good that it's worth risking your life for... if you think it is then you should be on antidepressants or something because you have other problems!
Also, if you are doing it night after night, or week after week, are you ignorant of the fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the same feeling if you've had it that recently?
And that it is FACT that you are destroying your brain???
It's just the same as alcoholism in those circumstances... trying to escape from your life, istead of making your life the way you would like it... weak weak people...
Unlike other drugs, having more mdma does not equal a better/stronger/more intense experience... just does heaps more damage, for only a very slight(if any) extra buzz...
If having that many does make a lot of difference, they're probably just speedy and you're speeding harder...
The kids these days somehow seem to have totally no idea of how different the different drugs can be... lots seem to think, "I feel really out of it, it must be good" - that isn't the best bit of e at all... but then, I'm sure many of you do know that!

I've only been taking for 8months or so, and only very infrequently.
I try to make every time "special" - so I don't tend to take at normal club nights, etc. Only for kick ass raves (when I'm not going to have to deal with any of my anti-drug friends the next day), or when I'm having a good night with friends sampling quarters of a new batch and listening to tunes.
smile.gif

well im relatively new to this scene as well. my first pill was last new years at mobile home...shit pill at that. i didn't take another till gatecrasher in april...then not again till uptopia at wonderland...ive had a few since then..but all together ive only munched 7 pills. ive seen what munching even every 2 weeks does to ppl...a very close friend of mine has jumped right into this scene..and he has lost his *spunk*..who he is..so much that i dun really know who he is anymore...not the same person at all. and i find it rather sad...but hopefully he'll make it out and learn/grow from the experience as so many bl'ers on here have. and i hope the person he was before all of this is still there somewhere when he does make it out...even though it won't be exactly the same person as before.

Play safe!!!
TC
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by TiggerChic (edited 30 November 2000).]

I started back in March and took E pretty infrequently at first. After my first time did not drop again until a month later. The 3rd time was 2 weeks later, followed by another 2 weeks later. Had a few more breaks afterwards. However by August/Sept i have not had a week go by where i have had a w/end off E or speed. What started out as something 'special' every now and then has ended up 'routine' every w/end. Altough there were a few personal reasons for my increased usage, they definately are not a valid excuse and never will be.
The only good thing is that i have not increased my consumption rate per night. I still will not have more then 2 E's in a night, or more then a point of whizz. Many times iam happy to just have the 1 later on. So my tolerance is not at a ridiculous level yet. So in this respect i feel i have maintained some level of control
smile.gif
I also am happy to just stick to 2 particular illicits being E and Speed.
A few friends have suggested they want to try Coke, and other harder substances. I am not going to stop them, this is their choice and their's only, however i really am not keen to get into the poly-drug use. Although many ppl will not like to hear the undeniable truth, once you start mixing many different drugs problems with health/sanity starts to rear it's ugly head. My rationale is that once you try something for the first time, if it's better then what you have done previously then you will want to continue doing it. Basically a natural progression of the need to try and attain a greater high presides in us all. In this case iam happy in the knowledge to posses the sufficient willpower to say no...... enough is enough
smile.gif
Therefore i don't want to even try anything else at all....at least for the short term
smile.gif

This past w/end i went out on friday night and for the first time in probably 3-4 mths relised how much i missed just having a fews beers and it felt great basically being sobar. Even suprised myself by dancing probably just as hard and did not leave until 5:30am and was happy to stay for another 1 hr if it wasn't for another tired sobar friend of mine
smile.gif
Sat was a similar story. Iam really looking forward to having a 3 week break until either Hardware/Earthcore and have a renewed respect for partying sobar now
smile.gif
I honestly feel like i have travelled 180 degrees and iam now coming back to where i started
smile.gif

Thanks for listening guys and i hope some ppl can maybe relate to the aboveforentioned story
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I started in march as well, and as far as i remember i think i took about 2 pills a night. 1-3 times a week. some weeks like easter were the quatriple whammies. but i think you get in the swing of it and don't even remember what a monday and tuesday morning is without contracting brainlobes......
wink.gif

i stopped when second semester started and pilled 2 or 3 times during semester. always early nights, and no more than 1 1/2 pills per night.
first it was incomprehensible for me to NOT pill all the time, but after about 3 or 4 weeks not going out at all, i realized how clear my mind started working! my short term memory has really improved (alhough there are people who will violently shake their heads as they are reading this!!!
wink.gif
)and i don't need 1/2 hour anymore to answer a question!!!
I am planning on "going hard"
wink.gif
for the rest of the year , beginning at eartcore on the 25th. but i also will bear in mind how nice it is to be able the articulate the take-away order over the phone, and not hang up half way through the order because i couldn't finish my sentences......hahaha.
so , what i am trying to say is.......yes for a short term period i will pill one day a week, but NEVER more than 2 pills.....er, what was this thread about again???
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

(please, don't quote me NYE)
other than that, all there is left to say is:
BRING IT ON!!!!!!teehee!!

Usually about 2 a night, sometimes 3.
And every second/third weekend
smile.gif

The other weekends I will go str8, drink or drop sum acid.
------------------
Your smoking can harm others.

When I first started going I got into it pretty hard, straightaway. I would go every weekend without fail, dropping 2-3 pills plus spending heaps on everything else that goes with it. While it was great fun at first, it soon became pretty much just about as getting as fucked as possible every weekend, and that wasn't a particularly healthy state of affairs. After a long break from the scene I started going out again this year. Now when I go out I try to have decent breaks in between (3-4 weeks) and I enjoy myself far more. I don't go out to get fucked (although I still munch 2-3 biccies when I do go out), I always make sure I am in good company and I am having fun with my friends. I enjoy the other aspects of partying much more now, and it isn't just about the drugs. Not sure if this was at all relevant but anyway, there's my spiel.

When I first started going I got into it pretty hard, straightaway. I would go every weekend without fail, dropping 2-3 pills plus spending heaps on everything else that goes with it. While it was great fun at first, it soon became pretty much just about as getting as fucked as possible every weekend, and that wasn't a particularly healthy state of affairs. After a long break from the scene I started going out again this year. Now when I go out I try to have decent breaks in between (3-4 weeks) and I enjoy myself far more. I don't go out to get fucked (although I still munch 2-3 biccies when I do go out), I always make sure I am in good company and I am having fun with my friends. I enjoy the other aspects of partying much more now, and it isn't just about the drugs. Not sure if this was at all relevant but anyway, there's my spiel.

depending on whats on that weekend but usually i'll drop maybe once or twice a month but due to the fact that the quality of pills at the moment is less than satisfactory i just stick to pure speed