Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How Often Do You Do The Do?

Oh DAMN!!!!
I've really got to start reading the threads before I post
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

'sarcasam'....isn't that some kind of arabian sex-aid. I wouldn't put it near my mouth though
wink.gif

plastikman...time to cut down
------------------
no one needs a smile more than he who has no smiles to give
[This message has been edited by tranquilo (edited 29 April 2000).]

entropope we are talking about dropping E not having a toss
wink.gif
which is reknown for helping sleep patterns - lol

remember my little rant a little while back about being misquoted in the media? imagine this, a tabloid report discovers this thread and finds a wonderful quote "one guy boasted that he was a "hero" because he did XX amount of drugs"
sure i know what you mean, sure most other people here did too, but why make their job easier? hey dont worry bout it, thats what i do. its not personal, its just every now and again i use something like this as an example.
personally i find the amount some people are using is worrying, but one of those people i worry about is me. i take too much, altho i am trying to keep moderation as the key part.
also chupachup asked for help, anyone got any to offer?

BWAHAHAHAAA HAHAHAHA
i can't belive I missed that! lmao @ entropope.
You crack me up
smile.gif

mona.
------------------
"If music be the food of love, play on" W. Shakespeare

Wow, I agree with johnboy, there is a hell of a lot of use going on. I guess I can admit that my studies too have been somewhat lacking since I started going hardcore.
smile.gif

Wookie, I can respect someone who can handle their goodies in moderation just as much as someone who attempts to wipe half the information on their brain. What's the use if you can't enjoy life in between weekends?
I find it fulfiling to wait an extra weekend in between pills/trips. The adrenaline pumps harder and there is more of a rush.
smile.gif
Though that hasn't been happenig too much of late, I will take a 'break', I will take a break,... (Spiral
wink.gif
)
------------------
"I be the fire only Marley could catch."

I tried to send email yesterday morning to chupachups email address as mentioned on his profile, but for some reason when I checked my mail today I found that it had bounced back... here's the text anyway, I hope you get back to this thread so you can read this chupachup.
Hi chupachup,
I just read your post in the "How often do you do the do?" thread, and you sounded really sad. I just thought I'd send you a quick email to let you know that I'm sure you're not in the boat alone... I bet there are a lot of people that drop every weekend. For the past three weeks I have too, (boy am I costing myself a lot of money) but I just enjoyed it so much that I couldn't help looking forward to the next time. However I'm trying to force myself to take a break for a month (who knows how successful that will be?). I figure I can save money that way
at least, and also by taking a break from the big raves and pills and my rave friends too, then it will be so much sweeter when I get back together with these three enticing good points in my life.
I don't know if this has helped at all chupachup, but don't be sad. If you really want to have a break from pills, you can do it, but it will probably involve a 'boring' weekend. Sometimes when I want a complete
break from the 'scene' I invite a bunch of my high school friends who I haven't seen for years around for a bbq/video night or something, so there's no techno, no club, no temptation, because it's a safe and happy environment with some old friends, a lot of catching up to do, and no pills.
Anyway chupa if you ever want to talk, or put down some thoughts or get out your frustrations, please feel free to email me. I am more than happy to talk about anything or just be a sounding board and give you feedback on your ideas if you want.
Best wishes,
BigTrancer
smile.gif
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 30 April 2000).]

chupachup I did email you a few days ago when I read your thread...but it got Mailer-demoned. This is what I wrote...............
Hey chupachup
Just saw your post...
Your not alone in this..many people want to stop or slow down, including me.
I dont have any answers for you, but I will try and help you if I can.
Im at a point where I keep a post it note in my wallet that says how many
days Im sober. I dont always stay straight, but the goal is to get longer
and longer till I stop. I want it to be fun, rather than ok heres the queue,
shove bean in mouth, off I go (again).
There is so much other good stuff that gets missed out on...meals with
friends, shopping, walks along the beach, uni, gym, g/f or b/f. You know the
drill.
I will tell you this though...it is very hard. Just the lead up to the night
out, the missions, the phone calls, the secrecy, it all leads to huge
adrenalin rushes.....and I think that is the secret. We are not so addicted
to drugs, but the rush and the highs. Im trying to supplement "going off"
with other ways, like exploding at the gym, go-cart racing, just other
"rush" things. I even did the sydney harbour bridge climb, now that was a
buzz.
Anyway they are some of the things that I try...hope it helps
Remember, your not alone, and if someone says lets drop and you dont
want...DONT...let them get messy, not you. Do whats right for you.
cya
smurf
If you want to chat about this email me on [email protected]
[This message has been edited by Smurf (edited 30 April 2000).]

It doesn't matter what we say here or anywhere else, the media has their mind made up on us and that isn't going to change no matter how many times I call myself a hero.
Anyone with half a brain would know that I was kidding. You guys seriously have to take a step back and look at what you're getting worked up over.
plastikman
P.S.- I'm still a hero!

I dropped 2-3 pills every weekend for about 6 months. It was a lot of fun, but then a whole heaps of bad things happened to me in the space of a week and it gave me a bit of a reality check.
At first (and still now sometimes) it was hard to get under control, but I soon discovered that not only is going out straight fun, you don't feel fucked up for half the week! You can stay awake during the week and you feel fucking great!
One thing it takes to be good is friends that you share other interests with. Most of my party friends love spending time doing other fun stuff.
One of the funnest things is to go straight and then come down with all your seedy friends! It can be hilaroius the things they say and do.
I'm not saying I don't eat any drugs anymore, but I have calmed down and found that you don't have to party full time to have drugs.
Another good point is that the longer you hold out, the more your tolerance builds up so you aren't spending your entire bank account to feel as good as you would have months ago!

BLUELIGHTERS YOU ARE THE GREATEST
I never wouldve thought that I would get so much support from you guys.
Sorry about the e-mail thing ive fixed it up now.
You all offered advice that i couldnt get from a best friend.
Luv ya
wink.gif

This thread soughta concerns me a lil, simply by the amount and frequency that some ppl take drugs. For a starters there is the cost! your talking about spending $200-300+ in a night to have a good time, which scares me a bit.
Another thing is, don't you find that after you get past about 2-3 pills that any pills after that just don't seem to do anything at all? I mean, NYE for example i had 7 pills in my possesion but found i could only take 3, I just didn't think that taking any more would have done anything at all.
It just concerns me that we all love this drug so much, but the amount some are consuming and the frequency has all the hallmark traits of an addiction, which worries me greatly. Just thinking about the amount of money you would waste in a year on pills makes my mind boggle.
I too have friends who are slipping into the "every weekend" bracket, just always ending up at a club on sat night and taking 1 pill, then needing 2 to get off, etc etc, my only hope is that they can resist the urge for a couple of weeks, if only to lower their tolerance so they have better rushes!!
Anyhow, i hope none of you are offended by this post, i myself take 2 pills approx once a month, so i'm not what you'd call a heavy user, but i know that it would take very little to push me into the every weekend bracket.
Please don't see this as a lecture against drugs, just as one man voicing his concerns for all us pill poppers
smile.gif

Sorry looking at that post i prolly over reacted a bit, but i do recommend that if you go every weekend, and it's multiple pills that you could be overdoing it, my opinion anyway

Goosh,
I am really happy with your post, there are some good key points that I was hoping to see. The idea of holding off for a few weeks, for better rushes, and the expense. This was the main reason I made the original post.
I too recently slipped into the every weekend. But have recently (this is the first weekend) decided to carry out what your talking about. I wasnt sure if there was anyone else that feeled like this (except Spiral) and I thought maybe everyone else did feel like this but didnt say.
Yeah, anyway, I am in first weekend hoping to go for a few more for that BIG one coming soon
smile.gif

p
I am ripped. Can I be excused for making no sense? I had good cause but bad relay.
------------------
Right now we are gonna bring it back, chill it out a bit and rip the head off it!

Goosh, I dont think what you said comes across as anti D or hypocritical...I think this stuff needs to be said by people who have done it. There is nothing worse than someone who hasnt done drugs standing back and making judgements.
But as a person who has done no drugs
smile.gif
for 30 years, then found that level of hard-core
frown.gif
very quickly, I feel I can now make judgements about myself and others.
What I saw over easter was quite a shock to me...people going harder than I have ever done (well except my madness in Ibiza - ooops)
frown.gif
And thankfully this weekend was pretty quiet for alot of people. Alot of my friends did nothing this weekend which was really good to see.
smile.gif

The thing is that it is really easy to slip into the weekly thing, sometimes fri/sat night each week. Sunday through to Thursday morning is spent in some daze, then Thursday night through to Saturday night is this amazing hyped levels of energy waiting to go off after having laid dormant for days.
I get to the point where Im so pumped at the thought of going out, that I probably didnt need any drugs (but did them anyway). This weekend I deliberately made a point of not being so excited. It was hard coz once out there, knowing that there is some good music, some nice people to meet - Im like a dog salivating over some juicy T-bone.
smile.gif

But Im sitting here now feeling very clear headed with more energy than Ive had in a long time.
I think the point of moderation is so valuable...I used to pay lip service to it when I read people saying do halves, once a month etc. I just shrugegd it off as "She'll be right...I wont get addicted" But I had to learn the hard way. I now have a very good understanding of the benefits and dangers of it.

you have your first 5 magical pills.. and then from there the parties become more frequent and so do your pill munching sessions...
you will usually remember the roll where you were standing around wondering "why the fuck isn't this as it was?"
when you get to that stage.. that's when you need to do the 4-6 week wait between rolls to get the full effect. and you start to read up on things like pre loading and post loading and you look to other options (shafting, snorting etc..)
i guess that's where i am now, and i'm sure a lot of you are too..
but it has become easier for me because of my focus shift towards other things as smurf mentioned, gyn workouts, go carts, lunch/dinner with friends, buying records etc... as a matter of fact i'm not interested in pilling at all unless one of two conditions is met:
1. a beautiful girl wants to try ecstasy for the first time and have sex with me all night, or ;
2. a kick ass house party is on. (my last roll was space3, my next roll is space 4..)
and i'll be doing two pills, crushed up into a gel capsule, up where the sun don't shine.
;-)
------------------
..dangermouse..
.you've gotta lose it.
.to find it.

It becomes a habit..
Habits are hard to break..
I snort smoke wizz once a weekend l8ly and pop pills everytime i go to a rave. which is once a fortnight or 3 weeks.
If your not stealing or burrowing to support your habit then keep going.. If you are.. then id suggest a major slow down.

i'd just like to add my 2 cents re:chupachup
and say it is good that you are aware and concerned about the situation.
that's where the first step lies my friend!!
i found that giving up smoking was all about what is in your mind. it does not matter what anyone else says or how much support they give. unless your convinced and want to give up, nothing else will make you.
wishing u well!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
rollin' and strollin', its kinda like bowlin'. my head's kinda big and it feels kinda swollin'!!