• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How much ganja does it take for you guys to hallucinate?

i have only ever had OEV once. Some stinky cheese weed, a pipe and a huge bong directly after passing a spliff round. I was laying in my duvet on the sofa, its yellow with lots of large dots on and aall the dots and duvet looked like it was moving like the motion of the sea.

It would vary depending on the person, and not everyone gets psychedelic effects from pot. Those that do rarely experience more than closed eye visuals and stuff like that

Sorry to burst your bubble but the cannabioids just plain dont have high enogh affinity for cholinergic receptors(not sure if they any....have to check....I'll be back)

If one did this they would be quite ill, but not tripping.

You wouldn't be tripping in the same way that acid makes people trip, but you would be outside of ordinary reality for sure. I don't think many people ate a quarter ounce of hash and then just went about business as usual. What you would be is out of your god damn mind for hours and hours, I know that much. A quarter ounce of hash might not make you delirious, but it certainly would profoundly alter your mind and that would probably involve some level of visuals or perhaps auditory effects

Last edited:
I've hallucinated twice from weed. Auditory hallucinations. I heard fucking voices, man, creepiest shit in the world. First time I was retardedly high, walking around a neighborhood lake at like 2am by myself. I was going to meet with somebody, can't remember who... but as I was walking, slowly but surely I started to hear massive amounts of chatter. It was like being in my high school cafeteria and being surrounded by 400 people all having separate conversations, the noise blurring into a massive, unintelligible background noise.... but I was the only one on the lake. That shit was weird but I was excited about talking about it, for whatever reason.. Can't remember how much I smoked but it was back in the days of rolling up an 8th of midgrade for a session, so it was probably around 3.5g.

The second time happened in the past year. I was just chillin', smokin' the usual amount while I watched some TV. I was kind of zoning out thinking while I stared at the screen and listened to a conversation, and the next thing I knew my internal voice was sounded nothing like my own, and was "saying" things that didn't fit my personality whatsoever. They weren't unsettling, it just felt like it wasn't me, you know? It was like a part of my head went on autopilot, man, I couldn't change my internal voice/dialogue back to normal. It freaked me out so I took a Benadryl and went to sleep, lol.

I've never had a visual hallucination from weed, though. I can't even imagine what that might be like...

Oral cannabis is more likely than smoking to cause hallucinations in my experience. I've hallucinated many times from cannabis, both smoked and eaten.

The first experiences were with smoked cannabis, for weeks after a mushroom trip I would experience closed-eye hallucinations; colourful flashing geometric hallucinations as well as the eidetic type. This would happen with any amount of weed, I was very sensitive to its effects for a while after that trip.

When I was younger, I had extraordinarily convincing auditory hallucinations from smoked cannabis. One particularly memorable time was when I heard my mobile phone ringing, reached into my pocket, pulled it out and saw it wasn't. While I held it in my hand staring at a blank screen, much to my dismay I continued to hear my ring-tone. Never before or since have I had such a 'real' hallucination.

Separate from those experiences, I have hallucinated from eating cannabis, the dose was 0.3g of cannabis oil. It was an uncomfortably high dose, I felt nauseous and anxious, and had palpitations to accompany the hallucinations which consisted of geometric patterns.

If you intend to hallucinate from cannabis I recommend eating cannabis oil, it is in many ways comparable to a psychedelic experience in my opinion. But obviously do your research on how to dose correctly because it can be a very difficult experience.

If I'm stoned at all I have mild visuals, comparable to a light/moderate dose of a psychedelic (so less then I ever take anymore), but with more visual snow.

But I've done psychedelics A LOT, dissociatives quite a bit, and had a few periods of abuse with both (separate & simultaneous), so I'm a little bit permafried (totally functional though, in many ways my mind functions better than it did before I ever tripped).

When i started smoking weed would trip me out with just a few hits, OEVs and shit. Its kinda interesting some people get visuals from weed and some dont at all... shows our brains are different

You're indeed correct. For example cannabinoids have demonstrated acticity at dopamine and serotonin. However this is very negliglible.

Not only dopamine and serotonin, but also kappa opioid receptors, norepiniphrine, and GABA. And the amounts are not negligible for all of these except GABA, which is barely touched. It actually releases a huge amount of norepiniphrine which is what causes that rush feeling when smoking dabs.