• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How much ganja does it take for you guys to hallucinate?

uhh i dont "hallucinate" from drugs
only hallucinations ive ever experienced were from either the one tiem i took diphenhydramine in an attempt to get high, or when you stay up too long on amphetamine and start to go psychotic.
visuals do not equal hallucinations..
im pretty sure hallucinations are defined as things that arent real but seem real..when ive dropped acid ive always known the colors and patterns and static im "seeing" are not tangible/real
no visuals from weed.
but then again piperazines never gave me visuals, 2g of IMO weak shrooms didnt, and MDMA never does (other than blurriness/brightness from dilated pupils/eye wiggles) so maybe i just dont get visuals too much

A true "Hallucination" can only be indued via anticholinergics(aka 'delerients'). These include such compounds as atropine, scopalamine, antihistamines like diphenhydramine and dramamine, and esters of other known drugs.

A cannabinoid induced "hallucination" is not possible via mammalian cannabinoid receptors

This comment aside, haha, - as I have no idea if this is or is not true, and therefore have to pretend I didn't read it:

I have 'seen things', and thus, had visual hallucinations after taking only a big hit or two of (many types of) some great weed. This has happened with OC kush, LSD (strain, not LSD like acid), Diesel, etc. I'm very sensitive to the effects of marijuana (in general) and as time passes it seems that my anxiety increases when I smoke (meaning, every time I smoke the effects seem more pronounced and I feel more paranoid and feel 'out of control').

I really dislike seeing things when I use cannabis and miss the days of minimal anxiety and at ease smoking sessions. Anxiety, hallucinations, and 'me' do not go well together. I've seen some pretty hilarious things and thought some 'odd' things were going on, though... that's for sure. At least I have stories 8o

shrooms and amphetamine pshycosis are the only thhings ive hallucinated from

Last edited:
After trying psychedelics like LSD, when I smoke now I feel the effects are alot more psychedelic. I dont get the visuals that L gives though.

Yeah same although I can get full blown visuals which is pretty awesome.

"A true "Hallucination" can only be indued via anticholinergics(aka 'delerients'). "

Are you serious?

Amanita muscarias (pro-cholinergic)? 2 mg of LSD? Eating an ounce of potent marijuana at once? Salvia? D2 agonists? k-opioid agonists?

This comment aside, haha, - as I have no idea if this is or is not true, and therefore have to pretend I didn't read it:

It's common knowledge that delirients mediate their effects via inhibition of acetylcholine, and while there are cannabinoids which very slightly show this activity, they are few and far between.

Last edited:
"A true "Hallucination" can only be indued via anticholinergics(aka 'delerients'). "

Are you serious?

Amanita muscarias (pro-cholinergic)? 2 mg of LSD? Eating an ounce of potent marijuana at once? Salvia? D2 agonists? k-opioid agonists?

Again, a 'true' hallucination is only produced via anticholinergics(Thought there may be VERY few exception). This has been discussed for years here in PD.

A true "Hallucination" can only be indued via anticholinergics(aka 'delerients'). These include such compounds as atropine, scopalamine, antihistamines like diphenhydramine and dramamine, and esters of other known drugs.

A cannabinoid induced "hallucination" is not possible via mammalian cannabinoid receptors

I thought the cannabinoids in Cannabis activated a few more receptors, not just the cannabinoid receptors... Was I wrong?

Are you serious?

If you were to concentrate a quarter of hash down into one cookie, you would trip your nuts off.

I guess I got mild hallucinations the first and second time I actually got high... But years later I dont hallucinate even a little bit off any amount of weed, I smoke 1-2 grams high quality daily

It depends on lots of factors such as tolerance, if I smoke/eat/vaporize the herb, Sativas trip me out on the THC but a very good Indica can do this too, and I didn't really start to get psychedelic effects from herb until I'd tripped on LSD.

at the VERY beginning of my smoking habit I would smoke a large bowl of good weed and kinda trip out, minor open eyed visual disturbances with a strobe-light effect, minor audible hallucinations, and uncontrollable laughter. Also, very strong CEV's.

Would certainly categorize my strong weed experiences as "trips" but now it mainly just makes me relaxed and happy to sit around doing not much of anything.

CEVs i get all the time, sometimes crazy ones if ive smoked like a gram. ive also had crazy OEVs when i made a cookie with about 1.3 in it. I was seeing like moving cave painting like things on the ceiling. it was on par with acid visuals that time and it was also by far the highest ive ever been i could hardly even talk.

one time when i was in bermuda, i bought a joint off a taxi driver. i shared it with my sister and her husband before going to bed. lying in bed, i was having intense hullucinations of polka dots on every surface and swirling fractal patterns. this was the only time i ever hallucunated on weed, and i used to smoke a lot. at the time, i was on trazadone so there might have been an interaction.

I thought the cannabinoids in Cannabis activated a few more receptors, not just the cannabinoid receptors... Was I wrong?

You're indeed correct. For example cannabinoids have demonstrated acticity at dopamine and serotonin. However this is very negliglible.

If you were to concentrate a quarter of hash down into one cookie, you would trip your nuts off.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the cannabioids just plain dont have high enogh affinity for cholinergic receptors(not sure if they any....have to check....I'll be back)

If one did this they would be quite ill, but not tripping.

a true haluccination being it like seeing unicorns or bears on unicycles or a hippo doin the mocarena
or spiders battling in your living room
thats hallucinating

or seeing demons flying around your whole life while goinng through amphetamine pshycosis
talk about some scary shit goin down

Again, a 'true' hallucination is only produced via anticholinergics(Thought there may be VERY few exception).

Big doses of psychedelics and dissociatives combo'd have confused me to the point of thinking I was somewhere completely else many times and not knowing I was tripping at points, I would agree that marijuana doesn't cause things of this magnitude though.

Back when I started blazing I would get mad closed-eye visuals if I smoked a fat one, put some tunes on and turned the lights off. They were pretty unique as well, not like visuals I've had from anything else.

Nowadays the most I'll get is a slight intensification of my HPPD-type symptoms. Stoned psychedelic visuals while falling asleep ftw.

I've only hallucinated ONCE on weed. Smoked 3 bowls of some sour d with my friend and got behind the wheel (good driver). first stop sign i saw i saw it in a hologram type way, and when i looked away from it, there was still trails of it. it was really weird, this happened only like 2 months ago and i've been smoking for a year now. definitely the highest i've ever been.