• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how much AMT is a dangerous overdose?

I agree, I bet I would if I took as much MDMA as I did AMT. You're basically right about what you remember me posting about the sleep paralysis and dreams. As for why I dosed days and days on end... it kept being good, obviously it wasn't as strong and a lot of the more psychedelic aspects faded, but it felt so good still and I felt so "on". I was really abusing psychedelics a lot by then, tripping 3 or 4 days a week a lot of the time. I don't know, I just really liked it, and I didn't try to stop myself for quite some time. I was probably some degree of manic from it all. I wanted to take as much in (experience-wise) as I could, and being on psychedelics all the time helped me feel very connected and joyful. It was actually one of my favorite periods of time in my life. But the aftereffects of it (I think the worst was the ramifications of years of getting WAY too little sleep) did have an impact on me, and I don't want to go there again. I wouldn't use at that rate again, I wouldn't want to.

i can definitely attest to when i was taking mdma and amt regularly (more so aMT as i had easy access to it) my sleep paralysis was at its worst. tho i was taking mdpv, methylone, mdma, ect too, so cant really comment on just aMT.

i think magical-kat got bad on it, even going as far as taking the 5-meo counterpart for a long time, wonder how he doing these days.. i think ROA is definitely the way to go plus taking it not a massive dose at a rave your first time for example

peace guys

I hate to speak for someone else but IIRC he said MDMA really fucked him up depression or anxiety wise (it may have been MDA) so he got on diazapam (or has been for years) and he's currently dealing with his diazapam taper which is really getting to him. I'm sorry if I got anything wrong but I wish you the best in your taper, things will get better MK :).

Merge:

i can definitely attest to when i was taking mdma and amt regularly (more so aMT as i had easy access to it) my sleep paralysis was at its worst. tho i was taking mdpv, methylone, mdma, ect too, so cant really comment on just aMT.
SP is causes by a lack of serotonin, take any serotonin releaser more than a couple times after your already depleted you WILL get sleep paralysis despite the substance. I can guarantee that if I dose aMT for over two or three times in a row I will get sleep paralysis. What I do know is that two days of heavy aMT use 250mgs (the most I've ever taken in a session) I was basically tripping/rolling for two days straight and no sleep paralasys however one night of MDMA with a dose ~300mgs WILL cause sleep paralysis and the roll lasts like 6 hours tops... I think that says something.

Merge:

I agree, I bet I would if I took as much MDMA as I did AMT. You're basically right about what you remember me posting about the sleep paralysis and dreams. As for why I dosed days and days on end... it kept being good, obviously it wasn't as strong and a lot of the more psychedelic aspects faded, but it felt so good still and I felt so "on". I was really abusing psychedelics a lot by then, tripping 3 or 4 days a week a lot of the time. I don't know, I just really liked it, and I didn't try to stop myself for quite some time. I was probably some degree of manic from it all. I wanted to take as much in (experience-wise) as I could, and being on psychedelics all the time helped me feel very connected and joyful. It was actually one of my favorite periods of time in my life. But the aftereffects of it (I think the worst was the ramifications of years of getting WAY too little sleep) did have an impact on me, and I don't want to go there again. I wouldn't use at that rate again, I wouldn't want to.

So what did the effects turn into? Did it just turn into a sort of long lasting methylone roll with less or more side-effects and psychedelia with an added positive mood lift? An anti-depressant? I'm just really curious because if I take MDMA when depleted I basically just feel nothing, same goes for when I try to trip when depleted. Despite not actually succumbing to my desires I can totally relate to being addicted to the psychedelic state (at least mentally). It just makes you appreciate life a bit more, for me at least but there's just no way I can trip as much as I wanted to now that I've got life priorities but when I was younger I was definately the kid counting down till his next roll or trip. Despite being a kratom addict I still consider psychs my DOC...

Last edited:
i used to suffer night terrors with hallucinations as a child, similar sort of thing tbh, just became more profound taking serotonin realeasing agents,

my brain is sort of fried, but wasnt really right to begin with, i dont suffer sp anymore, but do occasionally use amt /mdma infrequently (think my last bout was around 3 months ago (no hallucinations) dealt with it ok tbh

Yeah it would be best to use releasers sparingly in your case, I won't even take MDMA more than once a month and usually go months without it, idk, when I was in my mid teens I would eat good E once or twice a week but now that I'm getting older MDMA really fucks with me, not so much with other releasers. 5-APB and aMT don't cause these problems, 6-APB will but only if I redose twice. Haven't taken meph or methylone in years so IDK how those will affect me but back in the day I would get SP and other frighteningly vivid nightmares if I consumed the combo at doses over 200mgs of each...

So what did the effects turn into? Did it just turn into a sort of long lasting methylone roll with less or more side-effects and psychedelia with an added positive mood lift? An anti-depressant? I'm just really curious because if I take MDMA when depleted I basically just feel nothing, same goes for when I try to trip when depleted. Despite not actually succumbing to my desires I can totally relate to being addicted to the psychedelic state (at least mentally). It just makes you appreciate life a bit more, for me at least but there's just no way I can trip as much as I wanted to now that I've got life priorities but when I was younger I was definately the kid counting down till his next roll or trip. Despite being a kratom addict I still consider psychs my DOC...

I feel the same way, addicted to opiates yet psychedelics are definitely my DOC (in fact DOC is my DOC :)). I always would get something from psychedelics, though as I mentioned some of the weaker 2C-Xs such as 2C-B could give me next to no effects. AMT always gave me some euphoria and sociability. I don't know, in retrospect it's hard to say, when you're doing psychedelics THAT much, for me anyway, it's more like they are maintaining a generally open, euphoric and connected state... and when you stop you feel kind of slow and empty.

I don't recommend anyone trip that much at all. I feel lucky to have escaped from it pretty much unscathed.

The last two nights ive delved (tentatively) into my bag of AMT for the first time. Each time I've had about 30mg sublingually. However, about an hour after ingestion, instead of nausia/vomiting, I experienced an overwhelming tiredness where I just had to go to sleep. After 2 hours, I woke up slightly tripping (only low dose remember?) Is it usual to sleep during the come up phase? Or would a higher dose be too immediately stimulating to sleep at that early stage?

Check out erowid:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amt/amt_dose.shtml

and also read the fine print! seems important to know / relevant to this thread:

- We have received several complaints that the oral dosages shown are too low. There are a number of reports of individuals taking 100-200 mg recreationally and some of these people argue that the reports of overwhelming effects felt by others at 40-80 mg are exaggerated. It is important to keep in mind how much variation there is in experiential effects based on personal biochemistry, expectation, and other difficult to determine factors. We have received reliable reports of overwhelming effects with as little as 40 mg and users taking as much as 400 mg (!).
- We have also received several reports of severe vomiting, dissociation, dehydration, and extreme reactions with as little as 40 mg oral AMT. It is safer for new users (or with new batches) to begin experimentation at the threshold or light level of any psychoactive drug to avoid dangerously strong reactions.
- People experienced in experimenting with powerful psychoactives recommend starting with very low doses and working up to check for one's personal thresholds for each compound.

Realize that some people who report very high doses may have (cross)-tolerance, or - not unlikely - their product is cut / not very potent.
Also remember that a number of Bluelighters had to visit the ER at about 100 mg IIRC.

Its probably in this thread but apparently AMT is not that significant a MAOI at normal doses, but this potential then ramps up the higher you go.

So don't cut corners and start low - do so with every batch - and impose some limits on yourself, thinking of the above info. You might save your life that way.