View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how much AMT is a dangerous overdose?

Ganj

Bluelighter
As of recently I can now purchase RC's from the internet. For now the one I am mainly interested in is AMT. I have done all my research but cannot find much repeating dosage numbers. 30mg is meant to be a standard dose, but there is some info of people taking doses as high as 120mg. I dont know if less AMT does more on higher doses like other drugs but even if it doesn't going 3x a normal dose sounds dangerous on a stimulant.

There are a few new stories of people dying directly as a result of AMT, but of course the stories don't mention dosage or what other drugs where involved. Does anybody have any figures of what is a dangerous dose? I cant find any anywhere.

Also does weight effect AMT or is it the same for everyone?

Thanks

While nobody can give you an effective dose with certainty I reccomend starting at 40mgs if your inexperienced and 50mgs.if you are experienced or have a tolerance to MDMA type drugs or psychedelics. I've read of folk from the UK burning through gram amounts in a weekend with no hospitalization or worrying side-effects but this is VERY unsafe. I think most deaths that occur from aMT are from combining substances with it that have contraindications but I'm not sure.

The most I've used is about 250mgs in a weekend split into 3-4 doses along with a coctail of other psychs and empathogens and have been fine. Although what I do isn't reccomended I haven't noticed any significant side-effects. What I do know is that you defiantely should never dose higher than 50mgs for your first go. If I were to drop 120mgs at once things wouldn't end very well, I think the people who dose this high are the people who fucked their MDMA tolerance to the point where their eating half grams to full grams.of MDMA each sesh as monoamine releasers are heavily cross-tolerant with aMT. Hope this clears thing up.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, mixing doesn't sound smart. Just read a report on AMT being mixed with 5MeO-DIPT with potentially grave results as well as horrible mental trauma.

^ Is that the report where the user took 50mgs of 5-meo-dipt? If it is that dose of foxy alone would cause serious problems but for the most part all 4-subs and 2c's mix fine with aMT. I als take small end doses of 5/6-apb with aMT with no problems but this is in no way safe and could be devastating if the dose isn't taken at the end of the trip or the dose is too high. I've also mixed 5-meo-dalt (not a very good combo btw) and an absurd amount of 5-meo-mipt (so much that I don't even wanna name the dose :\) with zero problems but I'm not sure if there's contraindication with 5-meo's and aMT, apparently there is due to re-uptake so it's best to not go there. Also make sure you don't take 5-htp or any antidepressants with or even around the same time as aMT as this will likely result in a hospitalization.

Yeah it was, I'm not sure how truthful it was though, all the stuff about fighting with the news lady and the doctors shoving a tube in his nose with blood pouring all over the place while pumping pints of charcoal into his stomach makes me wonder how exaggerated the whole thing was although 50mg does look like an irresponsible dose anyway. As responsible as most of the people on BL are most of you seem to have some wildy irresponsible stories =D

Only with aMT as I see it nothing other than a recreational drug, zero spiritual use for me unless I take high doses of 4-subs with it. The moxy and 5-meo-dalt doses occured when I had no idea there were interactions and I felt 100% fine, it was quite a fun trip. Also, aMT is a reversable MAOI so when I take small end doses of APB's (40mgs 5-apb hcl and 75mgs of 6-apb) the MAOI duration has mostly worm off there are no negative effects felt. Is it responsible? No, but never at any point have I felt any worrying symptoms. aMT is the psychedelic I have taken most and also my favorite so I know my limits with the substance and I find the MAOI activity very low and have never had any sort of interactions or negative consequences even with all the stuff I've taken with it. aMT isn't as dangerous as many make it out to be but since this is an HR site I'm gonna go out and say don't take any drugs that in theory would be bad to take with aMT.

Do as I say, not as I do... you know, that thing. ;) Oftentimes one's own wisdom is not heeded.

I have honestly never had any worrying symptoms whatsoever when mixing drugs with aMT, trust me when I say I know my limits ;). Ironically kratom causes the most interaction and it's just increased body temp but yeah... do as I say, not what I do is good HR.

I'm reading a lot of variation on this drug. Some people don't even report visuals at doses north of 60mg and just get searing fevers/headaches while some get beautiful experiences at around 30mg?

Your gonna find wildly varing reports on this one, the doses I gave you are not only from personal experience but also from reading every aMT B&D thread over the years (yeah, every one lol :\). Some people will never get visuals off aMT, others like me find it pretty damn visual and my first trip with the stuff produced the strongest visuals of any oral psychedelic I've taken (aMT was my first psychedelic, couldn't have asked for a better first trip). There seems to be a breakthrough that happens at 40+mg doses that doesn't happen at lower doses, instead you get "stuck" in the bodyload phase and the visuals and MDMA like body high never really manifest themself, at least not to the degree that 40+mg doses do. Your not gonna get to see everything aMT has to offer at low doses and typically people who dose too low are dissapointed with aMT and write it off. aMT is more of an empathogen with psychedelic effects rather than a psychedelic with empathogen effects if that makes sense, it has releasing properties stronger than MDMA so this one, for me, is like a candyflip in a way... it's good stuff IMO. Are you an experienced tripper?

Last edited:
A guy in - I think - the UK died of eating a gram (1000 mg) of AMT in august 2013 IIRC.

Don't push it with dosages, especially above ~100 mg. The MAOI effect at common doses is about on par with harmaline, though since those doses are kinda low compared to active harmaline doses that isn't immediately worrisome. HOWEVER at higher doses the MAOI effect increases exponentially and with it your margin for error narrows until it becomes so narrow that the brain can't survive it's own chemistry so to speak.

Holy shit, a gram 8)... that dude earned his darwin award. I have actually read a couple reports of people ingesting that amount in a weekend with no ill effect, makes me wonder just how close these people were pushing it. It seems like some people from the UK treat aMT like they treat MDMA. Personally would never dose over 80mgs in one dose but this is after slowly titrating from 40mgs, at this dose I have never experienced any sort of issues besides maybe a headache or slight fever but ibuprofen does wonders.

Me and a few friends did about a gram between three of us once, we were really fucked for over a good 24 hours, taking more every few hours.

God knows how we ever allowed ourselves to do repeated doses. If AMT is anything it is RELENTLESS.

A guy in - I think - the UK died of eating a gram (1000 mg) of AMT in august 2013 IIRC.

Pathologist Dr Brian Green said a post mortem found he had died of multiple organ failure caused by taking almost 1g of the drug, Alpha Methyltryptamine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Adam-Hunt-died-taking-drug-bought-online.html

I think he was the third UK fatality, Previous being Dough Ferguson (?) a uni student, and a 33 year old from Andover, Wiltshire.

I wrote this a while ago in regards to AMT, so I'll copy/paste it here for you.

α-Methyltryptamine (αMT, IT-290)

αMT acts as relatively balanced releasing agent of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, and as a non-selective serotonin receptor agonist.

Once possibly referred to as the ‘Rolls Royce of Psychedelics’.

It’s a personal Favourite

I find it really begins to show its magic at the 40mg range, 45-55mg being my sweet spot, and pushing it to 65mg on occasion. The high dose gets a little intense at the peak, and as a result I wouldn’t push it beyond that.

The higher the dose, The longer the duration

If I drop 45mg at around 5pm, I’ll be able to sleep by the 1am mark. In contrast 55mg will keep me awake for 12 hours give or take.

Ideally, it’s always best to dose just after breakfast, with the expectation to come up around lunch time, spend the afternoon somewhere pleasant, and be able to fully come down in the evening, with minimal disruption to your sleeping pattern.

The ROA’s

I’ve tried with this Orally (preferred) and Insufflated (It’s like snorting dust, makes me sneeze). I have no desire to experiment through other routes.

Effects

This substance has produced some incredible imagery for me, from walking tree’s (Lord of the rings style), to intricate fable style cardboard cut out cities on my back patio with little rivers flowing though the crevices and so much more. Add this to the constantly transitioning hues, it becomes beyond beautiful awing.

All this coupled with a clear head space (alas little to no introspection), and astounding presence of euphoria.

The nausea is more than manageable, but ginger tea may help those who struggle with it. Bruxism can become an issue for me at larger doses (being a parasomnia I apparently suffer from on a regular basis, it doesn’t surprise me), I’ve heard magnesium and calcium can combat this, but I’ve yet to try it.

Personal Conclusion

For those seeking a great experience, or especially a first experience, I highly recommend it. For those looking for a life changing spiritual experience, this isn’t that, but it’ll give you a good idea of what tryptamine’s have to offer.

Safety

Always remember to allergy test, start low, and pace your experiments. The mind is a sacred thing.

Since I wrote that, I have tried smoking (freebase), but I've had no success. I'm waiting to get a freebase pipe before I try it again.

If you take a 1mg dose to test, you will feel some effect. I've taken low doses, 15mg and that causes significant mydriasis and mild euphoria.

Visual distortions start at around 30mg's for me and visual changes don't start until around 45mg, at 60mg visuals are strong (white walls fade between vibrant hues, textures turn into cartoonish patterns etc).

Added: I'm 55kg & 5'7, I take Psychedelics (mostly tryptamines or lysergics) around 8-14 times a year (so pretty much no tolerance build up), between them I use dissociatives frequently.

I've mixed AMT with MXE, and 4-meo-pcp, and they synergise nicely. Will be combining with 3-meo-pcp in the near(ish) future.

I would recommend having a benzo (or etizolam) on hand just to assist with sleep (residual stimulation can last a while). I've also used Diphenhydramine to assist with sleep (25-50mg) in combination with etizolam towards the end with no issue.

Last edited:
Sooo I had 150 mg's of aMT and I tipped 1/2 in a cup roughly, eye balled. Not the smartest thing. Pretty much an ordeal that I'd sooner forget but I'm alive. Walking was difficult as the room kept spiraling, also laughing like a maniac, scared the shit out of some friends. All in all not a very sociable dose made worse by having dosed MXE earlier in the evening. No benzo's handy that night...

Don't push it with dosages, especially above ~100 mg.

This.

If you plan on taking over 60mg, I would stagger your doses by a couple of hours to reduce the stimulation & body load.

The highest I have taken is 60mg + 20mg ~ 1+ hours later which was more than intense enough for me. I have taken as much as 120mg over 12+ hours but that left me with quite a high body load. So much so for my friend that he felt uncomfortable.

If you really want to push the envelope, I would recommend smoking some weed when you are getting close to peaking. I find that it really potentiates the aMT - the most intense visuals I have had have always been when I used another substance when I was peaking. The same goes for Ketamine although I'm not sure how sensible the combination is - it gave me my most intense drug experience ever. It might be a little overwhelming holing whilst on aMT for some.

Having tried aMT many, many times. I would say 50-60mg is probably around the sweet spot. YMMV.

If you haven't tried aMT before, then 40mg ought to do.

As someone mentioned, some folks just don't get much from aMT. I am one of the fortune ones who does.

aMT = <3

^ I can co-sign with the above post except that I find that the bodyload gets worse with lower doses. I've worked my way up over the years from 40 to 80mgs and I find that the higher I push the dose the smoother the come-up and side-effects are (ironic). The one time I took 30mgs I felt lime SHIT for the whole trip, it was like a never ending fever fest with the worst headache of my life. If you don't mind plugging drugs it's by far the superior ROA with aMT and makes the come-up a hell of alot smoother and to date I've yet to puke using this ROA whereas I will definately be puking my guts out orally, always have unfortunately.

I think the question should be what adverse effects were not experienced.

What makes you say this? I've consumed sligtly over quarter gram amounts to myself within a 48 hour period (NOT reccomended) with zero side-effects beyond mass amounts of hilarity, euphoric orgasmic bliss, and lot's of wild sex with the GF and that's with other psychs on top, good shit. Re-dosing aMT (which shouldn't be done as it's a very potent monoamine releaser) is also extremely smooth compared to the initial dose which can be rough at times.

Kratom I'm not that experienced but got a couple trips under my belt.

AMT sounds like a good place to start from what everyone is saying :) I've decided to go for capsules instead of powder, way more expensive but for now I don't have scales and no thanks to eye balling 40mgs...

The capsules are 30mg might take two if all goes well on 30mg even though 60 sounds pretty intense. I'm ordering them on the 1st when a friend gets money in his account. Will update when I get them.