• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

How middle class are you?

In reference to the OP, I've got a Tassimo coffee maker. However, it has totally failed to elevate my social status as I'm not prepared to spend a fiver on refills which make 8 (tiny) cups of coffee. Plus it's a total faff to use. I like my coffee instant and in a big fuck off mug. If that makes me lower class peasant scum, then so be it ;)

They're wank mate. My ex housmate got one for xmas but was gutted when he found out how expensive the refila are for a gob full. He ended going back to his old "army mug" which was a green morter shell case cut in half that held a pint of instant......

He's dead now incidentally. In fact I found him dead (OD) and gave him CPR for a bit till the ambulance arrived. Still don't know if it was accidental or suicide. Wrong to speak ill of the dead but the guy was a cunt and a bully......still some mothers son and all that.

They're wank mate. My ex housmate got one for xmas but was gutted when he found out how expensive the refila are for a gob full. He ended going back to his old "army mug" which was a green morter shell case cut in half that held a pint of instant......

He's dead now incidentally. In fact I found him dead (OD) and gave him CPR for a bit till the ambulance arrived. Still don't know if it was accidental or suicide. Wrong to speak ill of the dead but the guy was a cunt and a bully......still some mothers son and all that.

Yeh, we got ours for Xmas last year. Used all the free cartridges, and it hasn't been out of the cupboard since. All of these fancy gadgets are a pile of wank IMO.

I'm aware of your ex housemate, sounds like he deserved what he got...

Have I told you about him? Couldn't remember if I had or not. Basically he left the army became a massive drug dealer / enforcer and was just out of the nick for shooting some poor cunt. He seemed to like me for some bizzare reason but yeah be got what was coming......he seriously hurt a lot of people.......cunt

Tassimo? Wouldn't touch that with yours mate.

Fair enough. But I think Jeremy Kyle's a cunt, surely that makes me less of a social pariah? ;)

Have I told you about him? Couldn't remember if I had or not. Basically he left the army became a massive drug dealer / enforcer and was just out of the nick for shooting some poor cunt. He seemed to like me for some bizzare reason but yeah be got what was coming......he seriously hurt a lot of people.......cunt

You did mate - and I believe he got you into a lot of shit by being a dick, but I'll say no more, apart from good riddance to bad rubbish.

I wouldn't bank on it Owen mate the bastards keep making "deductions" that I don't understand and seemingly neither do they but I never see the money back.

Anyway your still a young lad you'll go far in a few years and be raking it in.....just don't considering doing what I do cos it isn't worth it :)

Nah believe me you make more. I won't go in to specifics but it's safe to say most people wouldn't get out of bed for what I get paid. Unfortunately raking it in is pretty rare in the hospitality world but it is possible.

Regarding coffee makers, if you want good coffee in the home it's hard to do better than a site v60 dripper and a burr grinder of some sort. You can get both for £50.

Regarding coffee makers, if you want good coffee in the home it's hard to do better than a site v60 dripper and a burr grinder of some sort. You can get both for £50.

Now that sounds like a good tip. I do like nice coffee, so I'll check it out. Cheers :)

Nah believe me you make more. I won't go in to specifics but it's safe to say most people wouldn't get out of bed for what I get paid. Unfortunately raking it in is pretty rare in the hospitality world but it is possible.

We get paid a fairly low basic wage but other things top it up .....like 25% extra unsocial hours allowance for working 12 hour shifts day or night any day of the week (although it averages 37.5 hours week)....whenever your told to basically plus bits here and their for compensation for missed or late breaks or finishing late....it all adds up I suppose. Plus overtime if your that way inclined. I've scored a cushy number at present where I do reserch from an office but also work a trauma car (the solo paramedic BMWs X1s I'm sure you've seen) that doesnt get called out much but can be messy when it does....Its a lot easier than big standard two man crew big ambulance stuff but unlikely to be permanent. Plus I got a promotion that pays a bit more. Its not terrible money but I'm unlikely to ever become rich......it's a job though and mainly nice people to work with

Fair enough. But I think Jeremy Kyle's a cunt, surely that makes me less of a social pariah? ;)

You did mate - and I believe he got you into a lot of shit by being a dick, but I'll say no more, apart from good riddance to bad rubbish.

Yeah although it came to nothing that cunt could have cost me everything for something I knew nothing about. Rare occasion of the law having their sensible head on and seeing the situation for what it was......plus they knew him well and knew what he was like.

Looks pretty similar to a ca phe phin the Vietnamese used to make coffee.

It's exactly the same thing really, it's just a method for making filter coffee. Keep it simple on the method and fill it with good beans you have ground yourself and the coffee will be far better than most other methods (although mokka pots, aeropress, French press etc are all good too). Takes a few minutes each time you want a coffee but if you care about drinking something nice....

In reference to the OP, I've got a Tassimo coffee maker. However, it has totally failed to elevate my social status as I'm not prepared to spend a fiver on refills which make 8 (tiny) cups of coffee. Plus it's a total faff to use. I like my coffee instant and in a big fuck off mug. If that makes me lower class peasant scum, then so be it ;)

hahahahahaha spoken like a true commoner lol.... that's how I like my coffee too. Instant Nescafe in a big fuck off cup none of this coffee-making posh malarkey

Evey

I'm a tea snob and refuse to allow my minions at work to attempt to fuck up my morning cup of tea. If my desk wasn't such a shambles of papers I'd prefer a tea pot with a curly spout, but I have to rely upon tea bags like a commoner, usually Sri Lankan because that's what we serve in our silver service tray.

The rare times I drink coffee I use a French press at home (and while camping), and prefer a strong Colombian grind that a client gave me from his home town. I like to think of the hundreds of South American backs that broke in order to deliver it to my palate and it reassures my position on the social ladder. Funnily I don't get the same feeling from my cocaine

It's exactly the same thing really, it's just a method for making filter coffee. Keep it simple on the method and fill it with good beans you have ground yourself and the coffee will be far better than most other methods (although mokka pots, aeropress, French press etc are all good too). Takes a few minutes each time you want a coffee but if you care about drinking something nice....

I do and Kona, IMHO, is the best out there.

On the coffee issue: i like proper coffee, but can rarely be bothered to not make instant at home - though i rely on the frothy milk as breakfast. I used to use a hand creamer (ooer), but then i discovered the automatic Kenley Milk Frother - 2 minutes in that makes froth as good as/better than a tassimo; chuck it on some douwe egberts instant, sorted (get how posh i am with me douwe egberts; then i wash it down with a vienetta on the verandah)

i saw those tassimos in the list when i bought the kenley and thought 'how much? i'd want george clooney's human rights lawyer missus to personally deliver the refills on an ethically-sourced velvet cushion for that!'

te old boy network is just about gone - it only works if you have a shed load of money and lots of public school 'families' are asset rich and cash poor - its all about keeping the money within the cabal