European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

How middle class are you?

ponch

Bluelighter
I am the proud owner of a Nespresso™ as advertised on the television by George Clooney, I drive a Jaguar which I refer to as 'The Jag' and I like to go on skiing holidays at least once a year (work permitting of course). Given that information I'd say I was honourable working class bordering on being lower middle class. Perhaps the next logical step would be to purchase a holiday home in Tuscany which may see me end up in the middle class bracket.

So members of EADD, how middle class are you? If you don't know your Nespresso™ Grand Cru from your Nescafe Original please don't reply as you are probably on benefits and have questionable personal hygene, so please don't clog up the thread with posts about Foot Locker and Jeremy Corbyn.

Many thanks,

ponch

Underclass by birthright, working class by political correctness, middle class in being educated, pretentious as all fuckery by nature and atypical in that I've lived in both a bus station and a 5 bed detached....

(P.s. my upbringing dictates I must offer a shanking in response to uttering the J word... ;) )

I was educated at one of the most expensive schools in the country, knocked about with aristo's and have drunk Petrus, d'yquem,pomerol grand cru wines and many others by the barrel load - have been to balls and banquets and and been chauffered here there and every where....but then when all my mates straightened up I went all hippy then smacky so those days are gone ....but good fun... so now what am I? fuck knows depends how i feel on any particular day

I don't come under any of the class groups. I AM CLASS! Lol jk. Interedtimg sunject for a thread n discussion, ponch. Personally I don'r care what class someone is butmore so a personaliy. I assume it's still important to many in the UK but I think not as important as it once was.

Apologies - I've not exaxtky asnswered the question. I'd be 'claased as poir or a bum lol

Evey

I suppose that if I view myself through the spectrum of a class based society I am working class, fringing on middle class.

My rents both worked all their lives, in public sector, but own inherited land which we also worked, all members of family for as many generations are traceable were/are well educated and we don't wear shellsuits.

Class seems to be a bigger thing with the Brits than the Irish, as I don't recall it playing any big part in my life.

I never plays a part in Wales - we're all common as fu....... errrrr muck! :D

Evey

I am the proud owner of a Nespresso™ as advertised on the television by George Clooney, I drive a Jaguar which I refer to as 'The Jag' and I like to go on skiing holidays at least once a year (work permitting of course). Given that information I'd say I was honourable working class bordering on being lower middle class. Perhaps the next logical step would be to purchase a holiday home in Tuscany which may see me end up in the middle class bracket.

So members of EADD, how middle class are you? If you don't know your Nespresso™ Grand Cru from your Nescafe Original please don't reply as you are probably on benefits and have questionable personal hygene, so please don't clog up the thread with posts about Foot Locker and Jeremy Corbyn.

Many thanks,

ponch

I'd say that means yer a cunt...

I suppose that if I view myself through the spectrum of a class based society I am working class, fringing on middle class.

My rents both worked all their lives, in public sector, but own inherited land which we also worked, all members of family for as many generations are traceable were/are well educated and we don't wear shellsuits.

Class seems to be a bigger thing with the Brits than the Irish, as I don't recall it playing any big part in my life.

You said 'rents'. MIDDLE CLASS CUNT ALERT! ;)

(With pretentions to US bullshit)

It sucks being middle class where I live.
We pay much more taxes, the public system doesn't work so well for us and we pay for insurance.
Not to mention schools. Above certain earnings I'm now to start paying my share for the school.
The problem is that this is a very thin line. So take few bucks away and we'd be better off.

It sucks being middle class where I live.
We pay much more taxes, the public system doesn't work so well for us and we pay for insurance.
Not to mention schools. Above certain earnings I'm now to start paying my share for the school.
The problem is that this is a very thin line. So take few bucks away and we'd be better off.

No-one has to pay for schools in this country - unless you want to.

Where do you live?

Middle class was always a misleading term as it implies there are more people in it than there are - before you know where you are you've got the american definition (ie anyone who's not poor or rich is middle class). While it's grown a bit it's still just a tiny scum on top of the real 'wealth creators' (oop the workaz). Just look at the median and average wages - middle doesn't come into it. The current method of control seems to involve convincing a sizable number of the working class that they can become middle class by buying the right cultural accoutrements on the never never (that'd be like thinking i'm posh cos i used the word accoutrement or something).

Call me old fashioned, but to me class is defined by income/wealth, your relationship to the means of production (whatever that means in the modern world) and whether you work for someone or have people working for you - cultural stuff like coffee drinking doesn't even come into it (except insomuchas it provides cues to economic class).

I come from a underclass background (lumpenprole if you like), but culturally i suppose people would assume i'm middle class because of the shit wot i talk about - i find it a bit irritating that lower class culture is just assumed to be thick and broad and salt-of-the-earth and like sport fighting and shagging, and don't trust all that being clever and shit (hence these habitual bad spellings wot i do) - i wonder where that assumption really originates...cui bono? (btw - that's not latin for 'was it you Bono?' ;))

...i should add i suppose that i consider class to only be of possible use on an analytical and economic level - on a personal level, people are just too unique to be able to define or judge so easily

Last edited:
Everyone loves a good bit of tits and violence really, whether it's GoT or MMA and page 3...

OT, I'm a uni student, which basically makes me middle class with lower class aspirations as I reckon it. You go spend 9 grand+ a year to ostensibly learn something, and in practice drink and party and learn lots of interesting things about blackouts, vomit, and how to eat once you've spent all your food money on booze.

I am interested in the responses I'm reading because class is a different issue across the pond-more based on wealth and a degree of entrepreneurial savy-think Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Birth or how long your family has been in the US used to be more important 50 to 100 years ago, but is now more of a regional factor. I'm middle class-even with a professional job that requires a license and more than a uni degree. It's more about how you view your slot in the system.

I'm upper class don't you know. I have a shower at least once a month
I occasionally wash my hands after a piss (after a shit would be being simply pretentious).

I buy my suits from Primark or Store One. ......wouldn't be seen dead at poundland (lower class's of clientele.....poundworld is where those with "real" money shop)....I mean poundworld even have a cardboard cut out of an officer of the law in the window to defeat theft (saves on employing a genuine G4S fuckwitt).

I drive the "revolutionary" Ford Ka.....(even sounds oriental). ....actually I'm one of the few people who's work vehicle is worth about 100 times their own car.

If your first name's not Chelsea, Binky, Cresider, Monty, Tarquin or Morgan then you can fuck off as you don't belong to breath the same air as me.

I sometimes drink that sparkly French water .....only seldom buy the ultra economy range.......usually the "upper end" economy tinned food.

I am......as I say...........Upper class.......If your not........Then you can fuck off back to the cespit hence you came :)

I'm upper class don't you know. I have a shower at least once a month
I occasionally wash my hands after a piss (after a shit would be being simply pretentious).

I buy my suits from Primark or Store One. ......wouldn't be seen dead at poundland (lower class's of clientele.....poundworld is where those with "real" money shop)....I mean poundworld even have a cardboard cut out of an officer of the law in the window to defeat theft (saves on employing a genuine G4S fuckwitt).

I drive the "revolutionary" Ford Ka.....(even sounds oriental). ....actually I'm one of the few people who's work vehicle is worth about 100 times their own car.

If your first name's not Chelsea, Binky, Cresider, Monty, Tarquin or Morgan then you can fuck off as you don't belong to breath the same air as me.

I sometimes drink that sparkly French water .....only seldom buy the ultra economy range.......usually the "upper end" economy tinned food.

I am......as I say...........Upper class.......If your not........Then you can fuck off back to the cespit hence you came :)

Poundworld? Well la-de-fuckin-dah! You're quite the aspiring aristocrat ain't ya? The 99p Store is good enough for me pal...