• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How many days are you able to stay sober?

I smoke pot whenever I can, I rarely ever drink. If I didn't have any drugs I'm pretty sure I could stay sober for an indefinite amount of time. I would hate everyday of my life, but I know I could do it.

iv never been sober for six yeeeeeeears
but after tonight im stopping. for real. and hopefully forever.
arghhh

I can go as long as I want when I quit pot. And I have been clean from rx's for 9 months now.

Maybe two days. Even then, I'll need at least enough of an opiate to keep from getting sick. If it's just enough to prevent withdrawal but not enough to feel anything good, I'll count that as sober.

I could stay sober longer if I wanted to, but I don't.

SO,

I didn't spend a day sober for 3 years... and now i've been over a month sober.

I have hardcore felony probation to thank for that. Drug tests all the god damn time...

and i don't wnana lose my life in prison... so i'll just stay clean. I smoke/drink when i can... i can drink alot ( but don't like it as much as most people) and i love to smoke but can rarely do that.

Making it one week is really tough for me, however sometimes the longer I've been sober the less I feel the need to get high.

In terms of "the program" one or two. Without alcohol involved, 2 weeks but i dont continually use anything except marijuana and benzos, generally. I have done and still will do any drug, if its the right timing and setting. Addictions a mindset, not a disease. Understandably though, if you get accustomed to something the more you come to "need" it. All it takes is the realization that your mind is caught in a cycle. This is of course excluding the physical addiction of opiates, speed and benzos. The mind and body working in congress with the chemicals cannot simply shut off the supplies; like food and water sometimes its necessity but only because of mental weakness and habit-forming actions does this happen.

Last month was my first try at going sober. Went 28 days. Im a binge drinker & at one point, I was binging every night of the week with two tall boy Heineken's, and a liter & a half of cheap wine. Every night for a bout two years. I've calmed way down with the drinking but now im starting to catch a tolerance with Xaneez. Im not scared or anything, just dont wanna take too many....& go comma. Ya know?

-V-

I haven't been able to stay sober for more than 2 or 3 days for quite a while. Mainly it's pot that I use, but 3+ times a week I'll do some coke, opiates, benzos or some mixture of em all.

Normally I can go about a week - - twice this year I went 3 weeks. Now I want to try to go longer (maybe) but I love getting that fantastic fucked up feeling after taking a huge hit off the crack pipe. Hmm - - my dealer has gone whacky lately so maybe I should go a few months sober?

depends on what i'm doing...I've gone weeks and weeks with being sober with no problems. I just had lots of other stuff to do that was awesome and keep me busy. (machine guns and anti tank guns are damn cool)

I usually go sober for at least 3 days in a row during the week, just to help keep tolerences down a bit. However, it might not meet the strict meaning of sober, as I generally consume alcohol with my meals, but I dont get intoxicated. (under .08 so legally sober) so that would depend on if you call that sober or not.

as long as i want, most of the time, not including alcohol. i drink every weekend. other substances, i can usually go as long as i want. i may really want to use mentally, but i wont if i cant, for whatever reason. this is just recently though. i have wanted to quit smoking weed for a long time, but up until a month ago, i would have a hard time saying no when it was around. i dont know what happened, but i have only smoked twice since i stopped (for the most part), both times when i was drunk, and i know thats not an excuse. i turned it down multiple times before those 2 times, and normally i wouldnt of been able to. i think im doing pretty damn good, if i say so myself, and i do. =D

i've been trying to get back to normalcy for a long time now... i always seem to take 1 step forward and two steps back though. I think I've made it two weeks at the most, not counting 30 days in rehab. This is for the past 5 years.

Been clean 1 month 20 days now, x mas is in 7 days and my birthday is in 14 so that will change quickly

Ever since I started heroin close to three years ago, I've only spent a handful of days sober and even then it was only for a day at a time.

In jail last week, I set a personal record. I went 6 days without nicotine, heroin, pot, or suboxone. Surprisingly enough I didn't withdraw too hard in there. I don't know what caused it but maybe it's the mentality that you're bound to that cell with no way of getting dope. Since getting out I've picked up my dope habit again and am getting withdrawals again though very mildly.