• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How long have you been on opiods including bupe?

zagor

Bluelighter
Me, since 2014. Trying to quit (bupe) now but since I am also addicted to klonopin and recently weaned off amphetamines it is tough plus my shrink wants me to do Klonopin first.

I’ve been on and off heroin and suboxone for almost 6 years. Went to jail December 2018 got out February of 2020 and went back to using heroin. Except now everything has fentanyl in it. I used to be able to take suboxone as soon as 12 hours after my last dose of heroin and I shoot it. When I went to a sub dr last year he told me I would have to wait 72 hours before I could take it or I would go into precipitated withdrawals. And the man was right. I waited somewhere between 36 and 48 hours and was sick as hell when I took it and went into PWDs. Eventually I just ran out of money and lost my job and my car wouldn’t run and I tapered down off of H just resoaking cottons and shooting them until the water was clear. Took about a week to feel normal but I got clean like that in November 2020. Was clean about a week and sold my suboxone to make money and ended up getting heroin. Been back on the Heroin/Fentanyl train since. I finally had to stop IVing because after 6 years and never really having great veins to begin with plus not being able to get new/clean needles. All my veins have terrible scar tissue from using the same rig for months at a time. I’ve been “skin popping” in my upper thighs, upper arms and in my butt. I’ve noticed recently in my thighs and my butt the places I injected into went from having these round knots to losing all fat in that area like the dope just ate up the fat/tissue. This SCARES the living crap out of me so I need to get clean ASAP. Tired of having knots and bruises all over my body. Plus who knows the long term damage I’m doing to the tissue injecting god knows what into it. I’m a female and I think it’s been since I got clean that shirt amount of time in November since I’ve had my period. I feel like my body is shutting down. Pretty sure my kidneys are getting close to shutting down. I’ve started using coke again to stay awake at work because the amount of H it takes for me to get well also makes me nod/fall asleep if it’s a batch with fent in it. All in all it’s just time to stop. It’s not fun anymore. Never really was after the first month honestly. Don’t know why I keep going back to it.

I’ve been on and off heroin and suboxone for almost 6 years. Went to jail December 2018 got out February of 2020 and went back to using heroin. Except now everything has fentanyl in it. I used to be able to take suboxone as soon as 12 hours after my last dose of heroin and I shoot it. When I went to a sub dr last year he told me I would have to wait 72 hours before I could take it or I would go into precipitated withdrawals. And the man was right. I waited somewhere between 36 and 48 hours and was sick as hell when I took it and went into PWDs. Eventually I just ran out of money and lost my job and my car wouldn’t run and I tapered down off of H just resoaking cottons and shooting them until the water was clear. Took about a week to feel normal but I got clean like that in November 2020. Was clean about a week and sold my suboxone to make money and ended up getting heroin. Been back on the Heroin/Fentanyl train since. I finally had to stop IVing because after 6 years and never really having great veins to begin with plus not being able to get new/clean needles. All my veins have terrible scar tissue from using the same rig for months at a time. I’ve been “skin popping” in my upper thighs, upper arms and in my butt. I’ve noticed recently in my thighs and my butt the places I injected into went from having these round knots to losing all fat in that area like the dope just ate up the fat/tissue. This SCARES the living crap out of me so I need to get clean ASAP. Tired of having knots and bruises all over my body. Plus who knows the long term damage I’m doing to the tissue injecting god knows what into it. I’m a female and I think it’s been since I got clean that shirt amount of time in November since I’ve had my period. I feel like my body is shutting down. Pretty sure my kidneys are getting close to shutting down. I’ve started using coke again to stay awake at work because the amount of H it takes for me to get well also makes me nod/fall asleep if it’s a batch with fent in it. All in all it’s just time to stop. It’s not fun anymore. Never really was after the first month honestly. Don’t know why I keep going back to it.
Why do you think it damages your kidneys? And why did the needle cause tissue loss?

Why do you think it damages your kidneys? And why did the needle cause tissue loss?
I’ve been drinking nothing but water lately and my urine is close to orange everyday. Smells like straight ammonia. Something isn’t right with my kidneys. I just feel like the amount for drugs I’ve been using is slowly shutting me down. I use a gram or more of H a day and about a dub to half a gram of coke a day. Not sure what caused the tissue loss other than shooting heroin straight into my tissue multiple times a day. Possibly infection beneath the surface of my skin? Sometimes the area I would skin pop in would be red/sore for a day or two but I never got an abscess that had to be drained or anything or that bubbled up like I did when I would miss an IV shot. Once I injected straight into my thigh/ass I would get a knot there for a few weeks. Then I would notice once the knot disappeared it was like I would have a dent or like crater where the fat or tissue got eaten away from the dope I injected. I was watching “botched” the other day and the drs were talking about like when people get silicone ass injections it can create granulomas (like the knots I was feeling) or sometimes injecting something under the skin can introduce bacteria that eats away at the tissue in the area. So I’m not sure. It just scares me enough that I’m actually actively trying to decrease my use and stop. I take the steps to use alcohol swabs now and clean needles every time to try and prevent an infection. Because I know with skin popping I could easily get an infection and get sepsis and lose a limb or die.

I’ve been drinking nothing but water lately and my urine is close to orange everyday. Smells like straight ammonia. Something isn’t right with my kidneys. I just feel like the amount for drugs I’ve been using is slowly shutting me down. I use a gram or more of H a day and about a dub to half a gram of coke a day. Not sure what caused the tissue loss other than shooting heroin straight into my tissue multiple times a day. Possibly infection beneath the surface of my skin? Sometimes the area I would skin pop in would be red/sore for a day or two but I never got an abscess that had to be drained or anything or that bubbled up like I did when I would miss an IV shot. Once I injected straight into my thigh/ass I would get a knot there for a few weeks. Then I would notice once the knot disappeared it was like I would have a dent or like crater where the fat or tissue got eaten away from the dope I injected. I was watching “botched” the other day and the drs were talking about like when people get silicone ass injections it can create granulomas (like the knots I was feeling) or sometimes injecting something under the skin can introduce bacteria that eats away at the tissue in the area. So I’m not sure. It just scares me enough that I’m actually actively trying to decrease my use and stop. I take the steps to use alcohol swabs now and clean needles every time to try and prevent an infection. Because I know with skin popping I could easily get an infection and get sepsis and lose a limb or die.

You need to get some kidney function tests (a blood test and urinalysis to see if there is excessive protein in the urine). You can actually order your own blood work online, i do it all the time to see whats going inside 🤯

Codeine ,2010
Oxycontin 2012
AND from 2013-2020 ,,injecting morph errday

My urine has often smelled like that and often been orangish without any dehydration. I did ultrasounds and blood/urine tests which were normal. Could be many possible causes. But like the fellow above suggested get some tests to be sure. Your body is probably not shutting down.

Any chance to quit the drugs?

BTW, how did you feel in jail if you were hooked to H going off cold Turkey?

My urine has often smelled like that and often been orangish without any dehydration. I did ultrasounds and blood/urine tests which were normal. Could be many possible causes. But like the fellow above suggested get some tests to be sure. Your body is probably not shutting down.

Any chance to quit the drugs?

BTW, how did you feel in jail if you were hooked to H going off cold Turkey?
I was coming off of suboxone/heroin when I was in jail. Took me about a month to detox. The main thing was sweating profusely everyday

I was having to do weekly drug tests at the time. So tuesdays I would take my ua. Then Tuesday after the test, Wednesday-Friday I would use heroin then switch back to subs to pass the drug test. So it was mainly the subs I was detoxing from when I had to turn myself in to jail.

Started doing heroin in 2013, then stopped and started taking kratom daily till in '14 till about 2018 and then I switched back to heroin until 2020, I quit dope, and have been on suboxone since 2020.

Last edited:
From 2010 to 2016, with the y13-14 of cleanness between, so it's been 2times of 5y depandence (seems like i speak in code, that's cool :cool:)

About 11 years. not too long comparing to some
Yeah but stArted very young 15 yo without counting the last 2 years smoking crack hardcore up to 5 grams a day Wirth the morph

I've been on and off opioids for about 20 years. I'm currently on bupe and planning to staying on it for long term, possibly never coming off.
I think the same as you , taking Tramadol 200mg (otc un my country) AND i dont. Plan on coming off en ever. I have chronic pain aswell so it's justified imo

Why never come off?
I have come off and hopped back on so many times i've lost the track. Last time after quitting I was completely sober for a year and i realized i just do not feel well without some sort of medication, so I started taking buprenorphine again .I've tried virtually every type of antidepressant available and none of them has helped at all. On buprenorphine I feel considerably less depressed than when being "'sober" (i do not think I'm intoxicated at all on daily bupe). In my situation i don't see a reason to come off. Why go through withdrawals if it only leads to lessening your quality of life.

30 years BUT I have had chronic back pain my whole life (spine is flugged up) @ 21 I got off oxycodone, methadone, phenyl, hydromorphone, heroin.. oh hell what wasn't I on.. lived a normal life on suboxone until I got cancer (testicular, it spread to my lungs and kidneys) I died (got a blood transfusion and they brought be back) and went on with chemo.. now my neuropathy is about to the point where I am going to be in a wheelchair, but I WILL NOT LET IT.. and yes I am STILL off all the crap except suboxone, I was at 16MG a day I am now at 8MG a day.. the back pain still hurts but the neuropathy is the one that is the killer, damn chemo brought that on so bad that I can't sit for long or stand for long and sleeping is a bitch.. I got a new MRI and looking at past MRI's over my life the outlook makes me feel ill but I don't want to go back on the damn opioids. I lost control on them, my oxy intake went from 30MG a day to over 1000MG a day at one point.. plus a bunch of other crap ontop of that.. mind you this was b4 operation hard pill and having 6 or so "pain management" doctors was easy here in florida.. I have retired from that, with nothing to show but a banged up body and a lot of regret. But I am now processing it in a healthy way, a better non self destructive way.. none the less I still can't keep a job as I have doctor visits so often (this time not for meds, but just to stay alive) that no one will deal with my phisical condition nor the time I have to take off from a job. so I just try to help others any way I can. oh and I made it thru chemo and cancer and the operations on just suboxone.. they gave me a script to oxy but I just tossed it in the safe (no, I DO NOT throw away meds.. they do have a use other than getting high)
SO 30+ years lol

I have come off and hopped back on so many times i've lost the track. Last time after quitting I was completely sober for a year and i realized i just do not feel well without some sort of medication, so I started taking buprenorphine again .I've tried virtually every type of antidepressant available and none of them has helped at all. On buprenorphine I feel considerably less depressed than when being "'sober" (i do not think I'm intoxicated at all on daily bupe). In my situation i don't see a reason to come off. Why go through withdrawals if it only leads to lessening your quality of life.
You are not the only person who I met that is using sub permanently for depression. I am afraid that will be the case with me as well. Just like you said I feel so depressed when not on something and no antidepressant has any effect.

But I have 2 fears. One is are we really sober on this? Is sub blocking the antidepressants? And the second is can long-term sub be neurotoxic?