• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how long do your concentrates last?

More than one plot to cover the loss of stolen plants? lol that sounds like extraneous work if I have ever heard of it.

Not really. It took me a couple of days to find three plots, then a day to cultivate them and dump organic matter. All I had to do was plant/cage, water them in and then I did virtually nothing apart from caring for them occasionally. Not a bad deal for 200g per plant. Never lost a plant yet to rippers. If I did, it's not the end of the world. I could grow indoors if I had to but I don't because growing outdoors has never failed me.

Losing a crop after a years labor doesn't sound like profit to me.

You still don't get it.

Last edited:
Not really. It took me a couple of days to find three plots, then a day to cultivate them and dump organic matter. All I had to do was plant/cage, water them in and then I did virtually nothing apart from caring for them occasionally. Not a bad deal for 200g per plant. Never lost a plant yet to rippers. If I did, it's not the end of the world. I could grow indoors if I had to but I don't because growing outdoors has never failed me.
One plot can be a nightmare aside from the rippers you also have bugs, animals, weather, diseases and mold, the list goes on and on of instant GAME OVER for a grower. By having 3 plots all you are doing is making your problems 3 times bigger and 3 times longer and 3 times more expensive.

You still don't get it.
Please enlighten me.

Even with pests, diseases and the weather a good gardener usually is successful. By having three plots your hedging your bets. I don't remember the last time I lost more than one mature plant so the world is not quite as scary as you make it out to be.

List all the potential problems in the world, in most places a good guerrilla grower will see a lot of success.

Three times as expensive? Are you fucking kidding me? The tiny added cost is nothing relative to the potential yield.

Three times longer? Again, are you fucking kidding me? No, I run them simultaneously at the same time. Same length of time.

If you think growing outdoors is such a burden to you then just stay at home. I on the other hand will grow indoors and out, happily.

Last edited:
I don't remember the last time I lost more than one mature plant so the world is not quite as scary as you make it out to be.
Then why do you bother with 3 plots if you are so successful?

If you think growing outdoors is such a burden to you then just stay at home.
That's historically where I have grown my outdoor; at home.

Then why do you bother with 3 plots if you are so successful?

3 smaller plots is more stealthy than one large plot.

There is a small chance of rippers, not no chance. Isn't this obvious?

That's historically where I have grown my outdoor; at home.

You don't do guerilla growing in the ground though. Growing in pots in your garden is a completely different experience to growing in clearings in the woods.

Last edited:
This is the first rule that you should look at for labeling your product. You will face the difficulties in making the label for your product if you do not know its category.

Obviously growing cannabis works out to cost the grower less than the market price for cannabis, if it did not then the market price for cannabis would be higher, since the grower dictates the price and obviously does not break the law without the expectation of making a fairly considerable profit for their efforts.

To the OP, I have had oil last me for months at a time, maybe 5 or 6 months was the longest and I can't say I noticed any degradation in potency. That said, I am only an occasional dabber (I should say was, I broke my dab rig not too long ago :() and there is a possibility I just did not notice the degradation, I can definitely say with confidence that if the potency had degraded it was not considerably, since I still got a lot more lit than I ordinarily would.

I have kept bubble hash for well over 6 months and feel pretty confident saying the degradation in potency was absolutely minimal, to the point it either did not happen or was imperceptible to me.

Last edited:
w01fg4ng you are hilarious dude, maybe you are just a shitty grower or something?
Wow. Do you really think I'm gonna bother reading the rest of your drivel after starting your argument like this?

Get a grip.

^ I kinda did, but since I shared more personal info than was wise I have since edited my post.

It is ridiculous to suggest that growing cannabis is not cheaper than purchasing it, how would you propose growers make any money if this is the case?

Logic would surely tell you that growing works out considerably cheaper, if your growing experience doesn't back this up then you are forced to consider that this is more likely due to your shortcomings as a grower than the shortcomings of growing in general.

Last edited:
It really fluctuates depending on setting. On a work day I may only do one or two .05-.1g dabs. On the weekends though I can go through a gram a day if I try.

how would you propose growers make any money if this is the case?
I would never suggest for growers to make money off of their grow. I've had plenty of grower friends that were into that sort of thing prior to legalization and now they are all pissed cause they can't rip everyone off anymore.

Legalization sucks for people like them (and you?).

It's a personal thing for me...I'm not in it to make money. I actually enjoy smoking EVERY gram I grow.

^ You miss my point entirely dude, I am pointing out the simple logic that the people who produce a product are the ones who ultimately get to set a price for it, bearing this in mind, it would make no sense for the price to be set at a level which they are not making any profit.

The claim growing cannabis does not work out cheaper than buying it is fairly naive, it suggests to me that you think people who do grow for profit are either not making very much money or require very expensive equipment and/or a great deal of experience to consistently pull highly profitable yields. In my experience, none of these things are true.

Obviously, the potential to make money from growing cannabis is less in a legal market than it is in a black market, because the illicit nature of a substance inflates its value without considerably increasing the costs involved in producing it (for cannabis at least). However, I am aware of the going rate for cannabis in legal and medicinal States of the US, and I know from experience that a reasonably inexperienced grower could easily be pulling down a lot more weed for an equivalent amount of time and money than they could buy for a similar value at the retail level.

Your time is money argument also fails to account for the fact that many do not consider growing to be work, if you are a long term daily smoker with a genuine passion for the plant, then the 20-45 minutes you spend on your grow each day is not likely to be viewed as much of a chore.

I don't have a problem with you, and I can see how the way I started my first post in this thread could be taken as disrespectful towards you, I apologise for that. However, in regards to your personal experience dictating that it is hard to undercut retail prices for cannabis, I have to suggest that the problem likely lies in your skill as a grower, because saving money is precisely the reason most growers I know took up the hobby, and they are far from struggling to accomplish this.

The fact that you view growing as such an effort and not worth your time is likely a major factor in your lack of success as a grower, most people I know who have a passion for growing tend to be pulling reasonably impressive numbers within a few grows. :)

Last edited:
No, YOU missed the point that being a grower does not and NEVER will equate to being a dealer.

I'm so sick of arrogant DEALERS who call themselves growers...it's pathetic. You aren't a grower, you are a business man.

This is CANNABIS DISCUSSION

Take your business smart ass elsewhere.

Oh, and if you feel confident enough to PM me your bud and so called "competitive pricing", I'll gladly send you a pic and price of legal weed that will blow your over-confident self out of the water.

Test me.

It is ridiculous to suggest that growing cannabis is not cheaper than purchasing it, how would you propose growers make any money if this is the case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

IME commercial growers do the same sort of feasibility survey that legit companies do, i.e. "at the current market value of herb, can I profit if I invest X amount and expect to harvest X amount every X days?" usually they are looking at existing market values, unless you can offer some herb that is extremely unique you won't be setting any prices you will be pegging your prices to the market averages.

Logic would surely tell you that growing works out considerably cheaper, if your growing experience doesn't back this up then you are forced to consider that this is more likely due to your shortcomings as a grower than the shortcomings of growing in general.

depends how much you're growing and how much you need. i don't know exactly how much i would need to toke a year to make growing worthwhile but i do know that i spend <$500 a year on nugs so it's simply not worth the time investment to grow myself. i've pulled surprising amounts out of CFL grows in the past (which is why i'm always quick to recommend them) so i'm fairly confident that i wasn't failing as a grower, and i did enjoy the time i spent with the plants but overall it was a colossal time sink. there's a point where growing for sale just makes more sense than growing just for yourself, and not just from a monetary view but also passion because it's easier to try new things if you already have access to a proper grow infrastructure.

I'm so sick of arrogant DEALERS who call themselves growers...it's pathetic. You aren't a grower, you are a business man.

dealers need growers to make the product, and growers need dealers to make the income. the average dealer might be just an arrogant salesman but ultimately they are the front-man for a grower's goods so that's not necessarily a bad quality for a dealer to have.

^ I'm not going to continue this conversation with you here. You clearly are only here to talk about PRICE DISCUSSION.

Please PM me if you have the balls.

Well, since your comment, which I was replying to, was in relation to how growing is not more cost effective than buying cannabis, yes my comments are largely in relation to how untrue this statement is, which I know from personal experience. I am not attempting to discuss specific prices in any way.

If you can't produce cannabis for cheaper than they sell it at the store, you are a below average grower at best, this is a fact. Common sense should really be able to tell you that, but because of your arrogant tendency to blindly argue in the face of facts we still aren't getting anywhere. You would rather make misguided assumptions about me than consider the merit of what I have to say.

I don't feel the need to enter a PM exchange with you, I have said pretty much everything I have to say to you in this thread. You haven't provided any real argument, other than to falsely accuse me of growing for profit. I am telling you that most people who grow for personal use do so because it works out considerably cheaper than buying it, your experience may be contrary to this, but I would suggest if this is the case then your experience is either quite limited, or you are plainly full of shit for the sake of argument.

The fact that you think me messaging you to continue what has now become a petty argument equates to my balls or courage tells me quite a lot about your mentality, and explains a lot about your approach to this discussion.

Last edited:
Your ability to think logically is horrendously poor, for a store to sell cannabis at a given price, it means they bought it off a grower who has produced the cannabis for less than they charged the operators of the store, unless the cannabis store is a charity organisation, to make a profit the store is going to charge more for the cannabis than they paid for it, that means by the time you are forking out your money, the product has been marked up twice from what it actually cost somebody to produce.

I don't care how cheap the store you go to is, someone produced the cannabis products you consume for less money than you are paying for them.

If a commercial grower can produce cannabis cheap enough to be marked up twice before it reaches the end user, there is no reason that somebody cannot replicate these results on a smaller scale as a personal use quantity grower, because, for the most part, the principles of growing remain the same regardless of scale.

Enjoy spending much more money than you need to on your cannabis habit. :)

Last edited:
I am not talking out my ass, I know because I do it myself, and the fact of the matter is a gram of good quality bud does not cost much more than a few dollars to produce, if that. I am factoring labour into this cost equation as well, despite the fact that most growers enjoy the time they spend with their plants and for the most part would not consider it something they need to be reimbursed for.
You finally got the price discussion out of your system, congrats!. I'm rather disappointed in your numbers however, after all the hype you lead me to believe you could make pot for so cheap.

I'm sorry you can't cop pot for less. I know I can.