• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How have psychedelics helped in your life?

Yeah this psychedelic section seems to have more mature members then most drug forums Iv been too. the psychedelic salon podcast impressed me too.

Also one more question for this thread. Has anyone experienced any therapeutic effects from MDMA? Iv been reading that it used to be used by some psychologists before it was outlawed.

long term or ?

i only really use it (mdma) these days by myself wen i need to escape.

works wonders.

after really satisfying experiences i almost notice a slight afterglow the next day or two
rather than the nasty scatteredness.

though that may be just down to purity . i duno

My peers(highschool) joke about me being "stoic" and never talking, while at home I'm basically the complete opposite. I also work pretty hard to keep these different projections consistent, sometimes even purposely acting quiet at school because that's what my peers know me as.

It's definitely come apparent to me that going on with different versions of myself is ridiculous, and probably related to my social anxiety, but I don't really know how to rectify it or "just act myself."

Yeah this was me for a very long time, i had several different 'versions' of myself. I would act like a different person around particular people.. it works temporarily, but its horrible in the long run.. because you start to forget who you really are. The best way i found to approach this was to slowly change little things about yourself around particular people.. bring your true colors to the surface in small ways.. slowly integrating that personality which you believe is YOU into the social group.

It's a slow process, but i found it to work wonders for myself. That and to also find people who don't judge you or expect you to act a certain way. I find it also comes with age and maturity. I'm certain psychedelics will give you more insight into this.

Peace =D

Positive effects that changed my life:

-I am more open to people
-Improved my confidence
-Helped with my ego
-Made me love nature
-See things in a different perspective
-Made me appreciate my environment
-Helped me with knowing what other people could think of me
-Helped me bond with close friends
-Made me think of things i would never of thought about before

Stoped me turning into a social recluse - LSD allowed me to look at the world & the way I interact with it from a totally different perspective. In short, it saved me from becoming a fucked up, too tightly wrapped person (not that I'm claiming to be a model of psychologocal stability - I know there are still daemons top slay in my psyche, it just got me started on the road to being a happier, self aware person). It has come with a price, in that my manic-depression genie was let out of it's bottle, but in the overall view of things, it has been a positive influence on my life & a price that I'm happy with...

Also one more question for this thread. Has anyone experienced any therapeutic effects from MDMA? Iv been reading that it used to be used by some psychologists before it was outlawed.

Yes. MDMA has helped me a lot; especially in the beginning. As time goes on it becomes more recreational and now I feel I may have gotten everything I can out of it. It still feels good but doesn't give me any earth shattering revelations anymore. I'm starting to move away from it and stick to the real psychedelics but MDMA is what really got me started.

In a way, I like to think of psychedelics as my mind reset button. Whenever I get too caught up in human ideas or culture or anything relatively unrelated to the true nature of the world, I experience a psychedelic and it brings my realization of the world back into perspective. It allows me to let go of any petty thoughts I had stored up and it helps me work towards achieving my true life goals, with a bit more clarity after a nice trip.

If you dig enough you find something new about yourself every single experience. To me, the best thing about a trip is the mental clarity that you have a day or two after you come out of the fog.

Yes. MDMA has helped me a lot; especially in the beginning. As time goes on it becomes more recreational and now I feel I may have gotten everything I can out of it. It still feels good but doesn't give me any earth shattering revelations anymore. I'm starting to move away from it and stick to the real psychedelics but MDMA is what really got me started.

Touche brother.

I'll never forget the first day i tried MDMA (a while before i experimented with psychedelics) as it was the day that changed me forever. I use to be a angry, narrow minded metal head.. that hated people, socializing and had such a closed mind to so many things. After my first experience with MDMA all that changed forever.. i never looked back.. this was probably 3-4 years ago now.

It still amaze's me at how much a chemical can change a person's personality from just a single dose. I've also moved away from MDMA for obvious reason's.. even slowed down my psychedelic use to the point of not needing them as much as i use too.. but that was the chemical that started it all. ;)

i believe that psychedelics have had a hugely positive effect on me. i feel that before i started to use them (namely lsd and psilo) my eyes were closed to how many things in the world really work. they have opened my mind to many different things in nature and alot of spiritual things and the way people's minds work (as well as my own). i have also developed an appreciation for many things i really took for granted before, like things in nature. i feel i have really benefited and will continue to benefit from these amazing substances

Cured me of depression and stopped heavy drug abuse, mainly meth and MDMA.

May be not cured exactly but pushed me in the right direction. Which quite likely saved my life.

Really hoping I can use them to over come my laziness. I would be an almost perfect person then:p

Title pretty much says it all..

I'm particularly interested to hear from anyone that use to have social anxiety. I'll be taking a dose of mescaline soon and I hope it will help me out with this

MDMA helped me with being more open and social around people.

The only other psych that i feel has helped me was LSD, pot to a lesser extent (i know its not a psych, but as far as how drugs have helped me it pertains to the discussion). I used to be pretty depressed, no real reason that i could find behind it but when you boil it all down, i was bored with my life. Everyday seemed the same bullshit with a different day on the calender. For the longest time i saw life for all the negativity and bad shit that happened while seeing none of the good in it all. By all means i should have been happy, but i wasn't. Then i was introduced to the wonderful world of drugs, i had always had a curiosity but never did anything with it. I smoked pot, and loved it. I finally had something to break up the monotony and bullshit that was living through the same shit every day and i was now content with my life. I wouldn't say i was happy, but it was a nice change of pace.

I started to develop an interest in psychs, and wanted to drop acid. After a few snags, i manged to get ahold of some (my sister tried to keep me from doing it) but i did it anyways. 1.5 hits took me to insanity and back, for that one night i felt more happiness than i believed the mind was ever capable of feeling, it went beyond words, ecstasy and euphoria are insufficent to describe it. The happiest i had ever felt up until that point multiplied by thousands. It went beyond all sanity and reason. I laughed harder than i had ever laughed in my life, simply because it felt good to laugh. I saw that i had so very much to be happy for and that even though life has its ups and downs shit has a way of working out. I saw the beauty in the world around me, in my friends, and my family. I went from having difficulty finding reasons to not just end it all, to that not even being a notion.

That was more than 2 years ago, and while im not the happiest guy on earth, im happy with the way i am and where i am in life. There are so very many reasons to love living, it just took one acid trip to show me that.

The experience was the most profoundly beautiful experiences of my life. You have any memories that are just so powerful that even when you look back on it years later you have to fight back tears? Thats how my first acid trip was with me, if i had never smoked pot or dropped acid i honestly think it all would have gotten to me and i would have killed myself...

The experience was the most profoundly beautiful experiences of my life. You have any memories that are just so powerful that even when you look back on it years later you have to fight back tears? Thats how my first acid trip was with me, if i had never smoked pot or dropped acid i honestly think it all would have gotten to me and i would have killed myself...
Fuck yes. I only know 2 people in real life that share this type of experience, and one of them was tripping WITH me. I wish more people could feel that, but when it comes down to it, that experience was amazing because of the months before it, and how they built me up. And even more so, the months after it, while my consciousness as I knew it was transformed into one accepting of reality, and more 'in touch' than I've ever been in my life. I feel like I was shown "the light", I commonly end messages "love and light", I came up with it on my own but I saw that several other bluelighters say it too, I had a good laugh. It feels so personal and special, but at the same time universal and completely fundamental to the way shit is.

Fuck yes. I only know 2 people in real life that share this type of experience, and one of them was tripping WITH me. I wish more people could feel that, but when it comes down to it, that experience was amazing because of the months before it, and how they built me up. And even more so, the months after it, while my consciousness as I knew it was transformed into one accepting of reality, and more 'in touch' than I've ever been in my life. I feel like I was shown "the light", I commonly end messages "love and light", I came up with it on my own but I saw that several other bluelighters say it too, I had a good laugh. It feels so personal and special, but at the same time universal and completely fundamental to the way shit is.

Yea, seeing the light is a good way to describe it. Others seemed to have experienced it.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.
--Grateful Dead Scarlet Begonias

I absolutely agree, I would have never thought that your life can be so much changed by a single trip. Although it's weird, it wasn't really predictable, I had trips that were essentially nothing special at all and didn't change me in any way despite decent dose and ideal set, setting etc. pp. and others where I didn't expect a life-changing experience turning into exactly that.

Love and light is a Rainbow Family saying.
And trust me, there are a lot of us who know where your coming from :)
The problem is that it is beyond symbolism; it's a raw experience of the transcendental.
Namaste +

I absolutely agree, I would have never thought that your life can be so much changed by a single trip. Although it's weird, it wasn't really predictable, I had trips that were essentially nothing special at all and didn't change me in any way despite decent dose and ideal set, setting etc. pp. and others where I didn't expect a life-changing experience turning into exactly that.

When I tried mushrooms for the first time, I expected a life changing or at least mentally intense trip. I did all this preparation, set, setting, meditation- for the trip, and it ended up euphoric, lighthearted, and still amazing. That taught me to just let the psychedelics do what the want. Because they will do what they want whether or not you like it, you have to go with it.

Yea, that's true nearjat. Who can understand these things?
It took me countless experiences with mushrooms/LSD over a 6 year period before 'the peak' happened. To this day all I can think is wow :) haha
Namaste +

HELL yes! But you have to use it with that intention to get results. In other words, if you pop at a rave with hedonism in mind, you're not gonna get much out of it.

Also, it stops being therapeutic when you take it for the high.

4E0cryQosWCE.png