• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How have psychedelics helped in your life?

knk

Greenlighter
Title pretty much says it all..

I'm particularly interested to hear from anyone that use to have social anxiety. I'll be taking a dose of mescaline soon and I hope it will help me out with this

Hi, knk. Welcome to BL and PD in particular :)

This has been covered many times and a lil nudge of the search button or a click here (or even down there on the linky in my sig or the big one at the top of the forum) should give you plenty to digest. Feel free to continue discussions in one of the many threads already out there on this subject :)

EDIT: Changed my mind (I blame the dro0gz :\) may have been a lil hasty on the close perhaps so discuss away until I find a better place to put it :)

Last edited:
My belief is understanding of life and universal wisdom relies heavily on keeping your consciousness flexible and dynamic and being able to keep your perspective on things loose and look at things from many different sides.
Psychedelics have helped me in my life in countless ways but one of them is showing me perspectives I never knew existed and teaching me there are infinitely more perspectives.
In conflicts there is hardly ever (if ever) one truth but every party has something to say for itself. That keeps the most real truth quite in the middle, the golden median.
Playing not only the devils advocate but everythings advocate in a situation is similar to the buddhist idea of compassion. I feel this is vital.

} hence the term openmindedness... --> freedom --> peace

showing me perspectives I never knew existed and teaching me there are infinitely more perspectives.
In conflicts there is hardly ever (if ever) one truth but every party has something to say for itself. That keeps the most real truth quite in the middle, the golden median.
Playing not only the devils advocate but everythings advocate in a situation is similar to the buddhist idea of compassion. I feel this is vital.

I wholly agree with this. I've come to see things in a light very similar to this one, in large part because of my experience with psychedelics. I feel I have gained such a sense of clarity that psychs helped to impart upon me. (And though, as hinted toward above, I try to question what I believe as much as possible and to remember that so much in life is extremely transient. Some instinct, however, is leading me to trust what I gain from psychs even beyond this doubt.)

And I'd say that this sense of clarity is only one of many positives I gain from tripping.

Every human brain could stand to use a healthy dose of a good psychedelic every once in a while just to keep the ego in check ;)

The world might be a better place if that happened.

It's extremely hard to say - especially since I've been taking them through my adolescence (where lots of changes happen anyway). But I could imagine them doing something for my self confidence and social skills, though not in a direct way such as through a "revelation" with that theme, but rather through all the minute facets that my mind has been shown to have.

:)

Oh yes - psychedelics have also helped me come to terms with the fact that everything is transient, and feel simultaneous sadness and joy for the totality of cosmic cycles e.g. life and death being sort of part of each other. They have teached me to see the wondrous beauty of totally mundane details and fundamental aspects of life previously taken for granted. I have lost the feeling of attachment as a dependency-thing, also regarding life - so losing my fear of death and gained ultimate satisfaction.
The weight and intensity of these themes have been stunning me like permanently for a long time now. I don't feel like careless shits and giggles anymore - only very seldomly. My gaze goes beyond a lot of things now. I probably tripped too often lol.

Oh yes - psychedelics have also helped me come to terms with the fact that everything is transient, and feel simultaneous sadness and joy for the totality of cosmic cycles e.g. life and death being sort of part of each other. They have teached me to see the wondrous beauty of totally mundane details and fundamental aspects of life previously taken for granted. I have lost the feeling of attachment as a dependency-thing, also regarding life - so losing my fear of death and gained ultimate satisfaction.
The weight and intensity of these themes have been stunning me like permanently for a long time now. I don't feel like careless shits and giggles anymore - only very seldomly. My gaze goes beyond a lot of things now. I probably tripped too often lol.

I'm happy seeing that you've managed to integrate these insights into your every day self. I for one have been very familiar with most of these concepts on an intellectual level before ever trying psychedelics, but I still struggle to shape myself according to these values.

Well I should add that giftedness and especially overexcitability made me conscientious to begin with. I'm very sensitive to everything pertaining deeper understanding and widening the mind and have been my entire life.
It comes at a price though: ADD-like irregular attention patterns and symptoms resembling something in the autism spectrum. It's all connected, but doesn't fit classic psychological understanding. Look into the above link, Dabrowski figured a lot of it out.

I'm always hesitant to talk about it since I don't mean to come off arrogant or boasting or whatever. Its a gift but also a curse and people don't realize that.
I've had many times where I considered fleeing society because of folding under all the pressure.

Well I should add that giftedness and especially overexcitability made me conscientious to begin with. I'm very sensitive to everything pertaining deeper understanding and widening the mind and have been my entire life.
It comes at a price though: ADD-like irregular attention patterns and symptoms resembling something in the autism spectrum. It's all connected, but doesn't fit classic psychological understanding. Look into the above link, Dabrowski figured a lot of it out.

I'm always hesitant to talk about it since I don't mean to come off arrogant or boasting or whatever. Its a gift but also a curse and people don't realize that.
I've had many times where I considered fleeing society because of folding under all the pressure.

I don't take it as boasting or whatever. But I do recognize some of that in myself. I'll check the link!

They turned me on to the infinite nature of music, and they taught me the importance of forgetting myself and pouring my energy outwards creatively. :)

I'll give a short answer.

mushrooms (psilocybine) saved my life,

they saved me from killing myself.

greetings.

Before using psychedelic drugs i was overweight, had nearly all Fs and I was into "gang-banging". I was young dumb, and didnt care about anything, not even myself or the others around me. What an asshole.

Once i did a psychedelic, I was able to reflect upon my life, and i was able to see the multiple problems and problem causers in my life, and learned to appreciate it for the finer things, such as nature, love, friendship, and the daily struggle we all share. After my first deep trip, i wanted to experience it so much again, and wanted to keep that sort of mind state that i started meditating, and got into buddhism, and other eastern religions. I now enjoy life, and help spread the joy with the others around me. I also have have nearly straight As and am no longer fat. I owe it all to psychedelics, and more importantly my good friend who got me into them. Thank you Ryan, and thank you psychedelics!

Last edited:
My heavy use of psychedelics likely resulted in pushing me into a very bad manic and psychotic episode in my recent past. If that hadn't happened I probably wouldn't have found out that I have bipolar disorder before it got even worse, probably wouldn't have realized I really need medications and that I needed to follow along seriously with my treatment. So, as much as I have had other important revelations from psychedelics, I'd say that was my most important one. Even though it sent me to a pretty bad bottom... I'm much better now today.

I always have all of the other insights that I've gained from psychedelics to reflect on and draw further realizations for the rest of my life.

When I was younger they gave me a hell of a lot of fun and time to bond with the people I love and I partially attribute how close we all are now to those times. More recently they've helped me sort my life out by letting me think about stuff that's bugging me in ways I'd never have come across straight-headed.

I owe them a lot, I think!

Psychedelics have shown me things.

Things I have chosen have made me what I am.

they havnt helped me whatsoever. if anything i would call them a hinderance.

ya wanna get hiiiiiiiiiiigghhh?

Interesting that you're looking to deal with anxiety issues, as that's exactly where psychedelics have helped me most! Which answers your original question.

Yes, psychedelics are amazingly effective therapeutic tools for patients with anxiety problems. They really help you find the "key" within your mind to an anxiety-free state, which you can then utilize in sobriety as well. However, one mescaline experience isn't guaranteed do the trick. You might need a few psychedelic therapy sessions as I did.

In any case, good luck. :)

Haven't helped in my life at all unfortunately, and I have used my share of psychs (mainly mushrooms) I got some issues that some people feel psychedelics helped them through but it was never the case for me.

I enjoy tripping every now and then (less and less these days though) and I am not saying that they can't help people but I think you should consider the possibility they might not help you. They might not even be enjoyable to you for that matter.

I know this probably isn't the kind of response you want in your thread but it is my honest experience with them and I think it is important to balance out the thread by showing you that your expectations may not be met.