• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How do you get your anger out?

I have a HUGE problem of keeping it in as I dont' have access to a gym right now and my schedule is so fucked up that I can't bring myself to jog in the quarry at six am . . . :\ . . . I used to meditate and do yoga, but that is sparing anymore . . . loud music and thrashing around helps too.

Violent video games, maybe listen to some Marilyn Manson or some hardrock type of music.

Originally posted by chrissie
i get my anger out by giving digitalduality a candygram ;)

Or by biting people. Owww.

I listen to angry punk rock music, and once every month or so when I go to a gig I mosh.

Works for me generally.

Unfortunately sometimes I still break things, so maybe not the best method.

lacey k said:
Punch the walls. =P problem is when im angry somehow i go fuckin IncredibleHulk style. too many holes in my wall to count :\

I gotta find a better way but my anger is all physical. it always has been.

I remember one time when i was like 6 or 7 and i was tryina build a fort out of sheets outside. but the wind kept blowing em down.

it was the first time i experienced comeplete rage. cuz i realized i couldnt punch the wind. i felt like a caged rabid animal like whoa...im so pissed and cant take it out...what the fuck am i gonna do now.FUCK YOU WIND!!!!!!

i got 2 stages of rage. when im wilin out, straight up crazy im out for blood. i black out and just feel nothing but rage and thats how alot of my shit gets broken and shit.

but then when i get pushed beyond that its like....white-hot steel. thats what i see as lunatic-angry because im dead silent and straight burning up like nobodys business.
its deadly style, worsse than the blackout shit because its so intense that im almost calm about it, but if you fuck with me in that state...oh i pity you. it scares me tho that it can be that intense, that shit is hard to let out because the rage is easy. throw shit punch shit do something physical u know? get it out.

but i dont even know what to do honestly in that other state its almost like im not real. its so intense it feels like im going outside myself or some shit like i gotta jump outta my skin because its too much even for me.

when im just pissed i smoke a cigarette and try and chill and get analytical about whatevers pissin me off. see what the problem is so i can fix it.

i feel your pain, today i was ganged up against from people i felt to be friends, screwing at me and causing hassle over something that wasnt really important!

mate thought he was a big man giving me abuse over the phone, and i went mental like you said, and i have done it before and it scares the absolute fuck outta me at how so angry i get, i had a barbell in one hand legging it towards my front door where my mum and friend prevented me from getting out.

i was going to use it on this fella, infront of public and on CCTV i had no second thoughts at the time, i was truly going to do it.

looking back i do regret not doing anything, but respect my self for not been so stupid.

thing is, dont think my mate who prevented me actually realised that i was ACTUALLY going to smash this guys face with this barbell.

scary shit that i hate, and puts me in a pit of depression like now, and all i want is some comfort, some assistance, life can be so unfair.

I get drunk, climb trees for no reason, and scale barbed wire fences and then punch random shit when I inevitably hurt myself through getting myself willingly into stupid situations, I feel a sense of relief.

surfing. Being out in the ocean in the wee morning hours is just amazing. Perfect place and time to just meditate and let everything go.

To be quite honest, I learned to curb my temper a few years ago. I can't remember the last time I was absolutely furious about anything...

I have fallen back on my training, and its taken a while but RBFT, Knife fighting, and hand to hand exercise is always more effective 'practice' if you imagine someone you hate, which is likely to make one angry, so I just wait til get mad now, 1st:)
"... we all know that as long as a smiley face is added after something, that makes it okay." ~ randycaver

I find when I'm upset or pissed about things, I rarely if ever tell people how I really feel. I just sit and let it fester, let it build up over time, until I finally break down and cry or something. Was never one to get violent. Wow, it sounds worse than it seems written out.

usually i will go cruise in my mustang, that seems to always do the trick and if not i will go do some racing. or i get drunk with my buddies and bitch. or workout.

I get angry really easy, and most of the time it's physical. I've torn curtains, pillows, smashed holes in walls, broken numerous glasses, thrown shit at people. One thing I am truly ashamed of is that once I hit my own mother. That is just disgusting behaviour and I would usually never do that, but I was absolutely enraged and not thinking correctly. So whenever I am angry it gets let out physically, by screaming or breaking or throwing something. Not a healthy way :(

Though this is going to sound really dumb, when I'm upset I work on a model if I have one. Without fail, when I'm vexed and working on a model--cutting the pieces, setting them carefully, applying the glue and waiting for it to harden--it obliterates almost any thoughts I'm having besides putting the model together. I assume a puzzle would have the same effect, or any activity that requires your full attention.

If I don't have a model, I draw, or write (particularly journal entries).

Last edited:
LOL. Take it out on a model....Between her thighs ;)

/end immature mode

When I'm angry my bench max goes up ten pounds. :)

Commonly when I'm angry:

-long walk in the woods, to the river
-throw stuff
-punch something (usually my bed; I'm afraid of breaking things in my house)
-listen to really hard rock... saw S&M somewhere in there! <3
-pacing (not really that effective)
-weight lifting
-running
-tennis
-swearing... a lot.
-a cold shower (as cold as it gets... to the point where I'm gasping uncontrollably) really helps.
-clenching my teeth
-detach myself socially... also not too effective

Very uncommon, but happens:
-fighting
-insulting someone
-hurting myself (no cuts or anything) :)
-crying
-yelling at the top of my lungs where nobody can hear me

The best thing I can do though, is fix the problem that's making me angry.