• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How do you get your anger out?

Not sure if I've already posted in these threads, but my natural reaction to anger has always been to clean. I think it stems from my need to be in control at all times.. When I'm angry, it's often because I feel helpless and cleaning helps to remind me I do have control of my immediate surroundings.

It's pretty twisted, but I can clean with such fervor when I'm pissed off... I often say to Busty that it's probably a good idea to really annoy me at least once a fortnight so the house is cleaned thoroughly. ;)

haha! This is me! We even have the same joke, "honey, piss me off...the refrigerator needs cleaning."

I gotta channel anger through comedy. Just watching comedy will save my blood pressure loads of stress. Bill Burr, Joe Rogan, Nick Swardson, Doug Stanhope, George Carlin, Dave Chappele, Louis CK, and probably many others.

Also when I blast my guitar along to a few favorite songs...Like a Rolling Stone is the perfect venting song IMO, I especially the love version where Bob Dylan is fighting the ungrateful cunts in the audience who booed him for using amplifiers. That version gives me chills. When you're pissed at one douchey person in particular, Positively 4th Street couldn't be more relevant.

Music and comedy and exercise and yard work are my big 4 outlets. Anything loud really.

I masturbate until I cry and then it goes away. Haha

Seriously though, the trite "count to ten" thing is somewhat applicable for me. I know some breathing techniques and after several minutes of doing them I can retard the anger a little. Drugs too depending on anger.

I am by no means good at ange control. I often black out when I get very angry....

I internalize anger much more frequently than getting it out. One thing that helps is talking with people and getting another viewpoint on the situation. Sometimes you'll find that you got angry for no reason.

When I used to play tennis, and lost- and of course got angry...I would smash my raquet on the net post.

Then I would have to buy a new raquet.

Im pretty wreckless when im extremely angry, and infact I can be pretty damn destructive as well.

this was me in my teen years
i wouldnt hurt anyone but id definitely destroy one of the not so awesome things in my room
oh therapy

now that im older ive been able to control myself better but i still have heaps of emotions i dont know what to do with
writing has always been a healthy outlet for me
rereading what ive written gives me kind of an outside perspective and im able to see things more logically

im naturally angry though
i can relate to lewis black on various levels and try to use humor to ease my outbursts
i get my point across but try make the other person laugh with me at how stupidly angry i get about things

half the time, i just shout an obscenity

problem solved, serenity achieved

the other half i just bottle up

i can't wait till the cork flies off one day

I internalize anger much more frequently than getting it out. One thing that helps is talking with people and getting another viewpoint on the situation. Sometimes you'll find that you got angry for no reason.
Yeah me too - that used to be me.

Now I usually just use pranayama. If I don't then I will shout, a lot...and maybe work out.