How do YOU cope with your anxiety?

By working too much, exercising too much. Non toxic addictions, although it can be a bit toxic sometimes.

Drugs. I have no healthy coping mechanisms so I stick to what has always worked.

Coping or beating anxiety is probably different for everyone. I feel like anxiety is fear based and I got rid of my anxiety by facing and challenging the fear.

Yes, nothing like a physical fight to reduce anxiety. :\

lol

Don't knock it ;till you try it...then again, if you never knock it; you probably wouldn't have tried, so...scrap the whole thing. Or not 'scrap' as that may be too close to it. I can't win - but then, neither can anyone... language dictates it. :D

I kno all about anxiety. I'm severely bipolar and have a service dog with me at all times n public. I can't do the outside places where ppl r at all. I've been hospitalized 7 times n 12 years for it. I live n a legal state so I use medical marijuana daily and strongly recommend it for anxiety especially. It may not take it away but it sure helps a lot if u kno what strain to use and how to use it for health reasons instead of recreational use. So between my basset hound best friend and some of natures miracle I do way better. I went from 6 different meds a day to 2. Just a thought. Not for everyone of course.

Last edited:
^ I'm sorry to hear that SLH. It seems quite tough.

Have you tried doing some exercises to feel better. Swimming for me was the best one. But some other people prefer walks or bikes.
It will make you feel better imo/e.

I know the comments at the beginning of the thread are old, but...I have to respond anyway.

Kids take drugs. Some kids start doing drugs at like freaking nine. So telling a fifteen year old that he shouldn't be on a drug harm reduction forum is both misplaced and harmful. Why shouldn't he get advice when he asks for it? The first time I ran across bluelight I was 17 and looking up info on E.

Anyway, for me, hot yoga. Huge endorphin rush and wonderful relaxation.

Sometimes I just need a good night of sleep without any interruption whatsoever. I wish I could be like my wife and sleep 8-9 hours non.stop.

I drink. Nearly every day and in large quantities. Without booze, I'm an anxious wreck and it severely interferes with enjoying life. I feel like I am rarely able to have a good time without being drunk, and it's beginning to make me quite concerned. I have thought about quitting drinking, but then I find myself getting drunk night after night yet again. I worry sometimes that if I don't find a better way of dealing with my anxiety, I'll become a raging alcoholic like many family members of mine have been. I came to this thread because I desperately need to try a new way of reducing my anxiety that doesn't involve getting smashed every night. At times, I really hate drinking. I woke up this morning feeling like such utter shit that I didn't want to drink again, yet throughout the day I just keep thinking about getting beer.

^ I think I know this feeling. It seems like it's urgent that we do it, but we keep on doing it anyway.
I have always been told that we either quit by love or by pain. In my case it was due to a lot of pain and being rock bottom.
I hope things work out for you so you can quite at your own pace. We have a saying here which was somehow like that "there's no problem that doesn't get worse when you drink." I think it does not apply to everyone but it did apply to my addiction, so here I am dealing with sobriety which sometimes sucks too.
Good luck + take care!
E.

Ethanol consumption is a symptom and not a root of a problem. Distance yourself from the cause of the problem and it will dissolve. Even if you totally isolate yourself from every programmed subject, the probability to pursue a sober lifestyle is higher than when you are around pathologically sick individuals. I would like to invest time into a study for a proof, but at the moment you have to just trust my word an experience.

I agree although alcohol has always helped me getting some sleep. It did not have to be a lot just a couple of beers or so.
But back to your point I also believe alcohol generates much more anxiety than we might think. Including lack of sleep.

I think there is a rebound effect from booze. It's why I don't drink, it makes me grumpy and then wide awake. Plus hangover feels like mild benzo withdrawal. No thanks!

drugs and alcohol usually but it doesnt seem to be working lately.

I kno all about anxiety. I'm severely bipolar and have a service dog with me at all times n public. I can't do the outside places where ppl r at all. I've been hospitalized 7 times n 12 years for it. I live n a legal state so I use medical marijuana daily and strongly recommend it for anxiety especially. It may not take it away but it sure helps a lot if u kno what strain to use and how to use it for health reasons instead of recreational use. So between my basset hound best friend and some of natures miracle I do way better. I went from 6 different meds a day to 2. Just a thought. Not for everyone of course.

Would you mind telling me what strains you use? It looks like Ireland may be going down the medical marijuana route too.

They put me on Buspar for my aniexty. It helps some, but other than that I have no ways to cope. I am an agoraphobic so I avoid all places.