How do YOU cope with your anxiety?

Props for the Avenger's reference.

I love Mark Ruffalo.

if only I could learn to cope with my anxiety iv been on clonazepam for 3 years but I'm tapering off so well see how I cope.

Have you thought about safely getting off the clonazepam, going on an SSRI, or talking to a therapist/counselor? Those things can help. good luck.

Definitely a good idea. You could also see a psychiatrist. I have gone through therapy and it really helped, the psychiatrist would work for better options to taper benzos with other sort medications you can take without necessarily becoming dependant to them.

That's my secret.... I'm always anxious. I just practice conditioning my mind. When I start to have panic attacks, it's as if my thoughts are overwhelming me. Attacking. The only thing I can do is practice silencing my thoughts as if I were pulling a plug from a radio. It's not easy, but it ain't easy being breezy.

That's a very hard thing to do. I have tried it many times but I think I'm too anxious too control these sort of situations. Good that you do that.
Welcome to Bluelight btw! ;)

That's my secret.... I'm always anxious. I just practice conditioning my mind. When I start to have panic attacks, it's as if my thoughts are overwhelming me. Attacking. The only thing I can do is practice silencing my thoughts as if I were pulling a plug from a radio. It's not easy, but it ain't easy being breezy.

I can relate. I do not have panic attacks any more, though every now and then I find myself winding into that sort of frenzy. But, I have learned how this maladaptation doesn't assist me in making anything better; the intense fear and terror make things worse. Its gotten so I truly understand this, deep within myself, and so I instantly start deep-breathing and rationalising if I feel that hint of panic. For me, it took practise- and some amount of willpower.

You're right, it ain't easy- but well worth the effort involved.

Yes, this one area where practice and willpower can override early conditioning (or simply one's nature?). It has taken me years to unlearn my own anxious thought patterns but I am so much freer now. Those that persist are deeper and have been diagnosed as PTSD but I think of them as deeper splinters in my subconscious. One day I hope to be free of them but even the effort feels positive. What occurs to me in this process is how much I must use my rational mind--consciously stepping outside of my thoughts and unemotionally observing them, using real information to confront the erroneous past/future panic in the otherwise calm present. This works well in most sources of my anxiety. But the deeper stuff calls for deeper work and the rational mind alone is hardly equipped for that. I've tried various forms of body work or somatic healing--some seems like bullshit but some has been surprisingly powerful.

I was being intentionally hypocritical.

You know, because I'm 15.

Obviously I care enough not to seriously deter anyone from a harm reduction site.
___

I joined when no one else was listening.

You guys did.

^ And what is the best is that now you are listening. Kudos for you.
Imo you are the smartest and most mature 15 year old I know.

If I thought that of myself, I'd just lose my touch.

Thank you, Mr Root.

In return, you're the coolest retired peacekeeper I know.

:) hoping today is good for everyone.

Found a new way of coping : Drink (a lot), Go out and find an alpha-type male (or dyke) at a party or random location, verbally provoke this person, until they start to get ultra mad and physical, then RUN !!!

Best way to cope. Bukowski-style. %)

My last unorganized fight was in kindergarten.

First grade indian-american boy kicked me in my stomach. I was sad.

The only way to resolve that childhood trauma is to drink (a lot), go out and find that guy at a party or random location, verbally provoke this person, until they start to get ultra mad and physical, then RUN !!!

Yes, nothing like a physical fight to reduce anxiety. :\

Nothing beats beating some meathead.

I was talking about people, you dirty fucks. :)

I fight anxiety everyday by trying to accept this distress as part of my day and hoping that I get better on the following day. However, sometimes I just feel like going to bed.