• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do meth/amphetamines make you act?

Rahcookiemonster

Bluelighter
From other users...

How does your personality change when you take classic amphetamines? (Prescription, sulphate or methamphetamines etc).

What was it like prior? Is it a big change or just an amplified effect?

I don't mean how you feel internally, or high etc. I mean your objective, outside characteristics that other people see.

When i first started taking adderall which is basically amphetamine i would feel great and super confident for like 8hrs now it still does that but only for 1-1.5 hrs and then after that i just feel focused and anxious for 3 hrs after then first...meth supposedly is more smooth and lasts longer than adderalll/street amphetamine and more "clear headed" with none of the bad side effects of adderall unless of course youd take to much

It started great at first, I've always had a problem with socializing and suffered from horrid anxiety when faced with new situations or with new people, and amphetamines seemed to cure this! The major confidence boost paired with fantastic euphoria truly made me feel like superman. Granted, my first dose ever was a 30mg Adderall XR. I kept the habit to just a couple times a week, and only ever 30mg in a day.

But eventually, tolerance grew and I found myself needing more and more, and I craved the feeling of invincibility and "Superior intellect". But eventually, the side effects got the best of me. I was no longer high all day, but instead paranoid, anxious, nervous and jittery. Over time, every side effect began to unfold and I was losing a lot of weight, which brought my confidence down. I was no longer taking amph to socialize better, but because I thought I needed it. The mental addiction completely took over, and I tricked myself into believing that the side effects would subside, and I would return to the old days of feeling like superman. But this wasn't the case, and my doses rose to up to 120mg a day, snorted.

I turned into a tweaky, awkward, sweaty smelling baffoon who would just talk and talk and talk about nonsense to everybody. Luckily I was able to kick the habit, but even to this day I suffer from increased anxiety and difficulty concentrating. I crave speed from time to time, but I've realized that it's not worth it, and that it will never give me the magic it used to. My advice is to stop before it gets out of hand, because amphetamine truly changes your thought process, you will trick yourself into believing that the side effects mean nothing, and you will do anything just to get more. The side effects worsen (The insomnia, anxiety, paranoia) the more you use, and it's just best to stop. Just my 2 cents, I've lived through an amphetamine addiction for 4 years, and just recently kicked it.

^^
Grim story. I'm sorry that you couldn't control your use.

Anyways, an amphetamine addiction almost never occurs when amphetamine is taken in therapeutic dosages [SOURCE]. You were one of the very rare cases where you couldn't control yourself and I'm sorry that you had that experience. With that being said - 99% of people who get prescribed stimulant meds never have any sort of addiction issues with them.

They make you act better, better at everything. The cureall for any issue, any illness, any mental state of mind, any problem with life or your circumstances. Everything you do is better, then you could do it before. Or so it seems. Fortunately for me it makes me very hedonistic, anti productive, cocky etc so luckily, i never bought into the whole, it makes me function better thing.

Funny enough i think its because i always toolk large silly doses of good quality crystal. At high doses it does not make you more functional, it might seem that way, but the reduction in quality is obvious, you simply cannot ignore its reduction in functional ability in large dosages for long. With lower stricter dosage, i think it might be more sneaky in terms of its usefulness and might have been more addicting for me. High silly dosages probably saved me from daily usage due to this, strangely enough.

Other people will notice that you are peculiarly more confident, possibly acting slightly arrogant or snooty and being inconsiderate of other people's turn in conversation. You'll have a more jerky disposition (literally) and you will smell like you just got out of gym class. People will think you're either wildly eccentric, just got done working out, or that you're on amps, depending on how well they know you. You will display delusions of self importance in social scenarios, and not realize it.

All the while, you have no idea these things are taking place, because you are high.

Last edited:
if i just get high i'm a lot more social if i get tweaked out i'm super introverted

if i just get high i'm a lot more social if i get tweaked out i'm super introverted

I am usually this due to high dosages. I dont want to be around people at all, stresses me out to much, plus they annoy me. My usual session is just sitting in my room for 3 days on the pc, usually in the exact same position on a chair hours/days, which hurts a whole lot later when you come down and notice it.

Even when im feeling social in the beginning im to conscious of the fact that im talking tons of shit to everybody and not acting normal. My biggest issue is i cant stop myself from talking over people constantly, just ignoring what they are saying and carry on with some new rant on whatever the topic is. Everybody else just seems to be talking so slow, and everything they say is wrong. The pause between the end of your sentence and when they start talking takes to long, within those 1 seconds ive already come up with 10 new viewpoints on the conversation and need to share them immediately.

So i just hide in my room all weekend with the curtains shut and the lights off, hoping people leave me alone, like thats any less weird and unnoticeable.

^ I suffer that from long term abuse or doses higher then 60mg. Me and my girl do it a lot together and many times we won't talk for hours she will be organizing the same stuff over and over for hours. Me I'm online , constantly on here and FB , or afraid or too nerve wrecked to talk to ppl, when someone talks to me I get all bug eyed and respond back real defensive and annoyed..ugh I hate that.. Ever since I tried meth for the first time it gets me like that . Smoking it and snorting . I prefer oral adderall. Crystal is too much 200mg .2 for half a Benjamin... Since very rare where I live to have quality from south us. Here I thought a bump of crystal is a 15hr high and a few hits is an eight hr high..yea ok..I wanted hits like crack . Maybe the years of adderall abuse messed me up idk

I am prescribed 20mg adderall a day. I rarely take more than 10mg. I don't feel any euphoria, really. I do, however, clench my teeth quite a bit and play with the seams of my pillowcase quite a bit when I'm home. Yesterday, I took both 10mg within an few hours of each other and I felt decidedly different. Not really euphoric, but more motivated to do stuff. And I was commenting on Instagram like crazy lol.
I asked for the adderall for 2 reasons - one because I wanted to see if it gives me euphoria so I can kick my methadone habit and second, I actually have problems concentrating and completing tasks.
Well, sadly, I think I am actually ADD because I can sleep on Adderall and I don't really get any euphoric feelings.
This morning I took the Adderall first, rather than my normal Methadone. I'm really tired of the Methadone and I want to taper and kick it for good.

Other people will notice that you are peculiarly more confident, possibly acting slightly arrogant or snooty and being inconsiderate of other people's turn in conversation. You'll have a more jerky disposition (literally) and you will smell like you just got out of gym class. People will think you're either wildly eccentric, just got done working out, or that you're on amps, depending on how well they know you. You will display delusions of self importance in social scenarios, and not realize it.

All the while, you have no idea these things are taking place, because you are high.

The pause between the end of your sentence and when they start talking takes to long, within those 1 seconds ive already come up with 10 new viewpoints on the conversation and need to share them immediately.

They make you act better, better at everything. The cureall for any issue, any illness, any mental state of mind, any problem with life or your circumstances. Everything you do is better, then you could do it before. Or so it seems. Fortunately for me it makes me very hedonistic, anti productive, cocky etc so luckily, i never bought into the whole, it makes me function better thing.

These are the kinda replies I thought there would be.

Definitely true.
Are you talking amphetamines or meth? Or both?
The only reason I asked is I have just come out of a 4 year cloud of methamphetamine use, mixed in with other drugs (Benzos/Alcohol).
I am contemplating the way I acted while high a lot. Trying to figure out the way I acted, and how I went to work/socialized/had a sort of normal life, all while high.

Would you say these effects diminish after a certain peroid of time? I mean,
The overly "Amped Up" Character is hard to hide if you are visibly high as fuck on amphet/meth. In smaller doses, with experienced use. I thought maybe I was able to somewhat lower these effects, and be better at listening/carrying normal conversation timeframes.

People must think I am crazy, fuck.

The funny thing is, during all this peroid of use...
Besides the people using with me, no one could really tell. When actively hiding drug use, do you think these side effects diminish also? How could no one possibly know I was on amphetamines is beyond me.

These are the kinda replies I thought there would be.

Definitely true.
Are you talking amphetamines or meth? Or both?
The only reason I asked is I have just come out of a 4 year cloud of methamphetamine use, mixed in with other drugs (Benzos/Alcohol).
I am contemplating the way I acted while high a lot. Trying to figure out the way I acted, and how I went to work/socialized/had a sort of normal life, all while high.

Would you say these effects diminish after a certain peroid of time? I mean,
The overly "Amped Up" Character is hard to hide if you are visibly high as fuck on amphet/meth. In smaller doses, with experienced use. I thought maybe I was able to somewhat lower these effects, and be better at listening/carrying normal conversation timeframes.

People must think I am crazy, fuck.

The funny thing is, during all this peroid of use...
Besides the people using with me, no one could really tell. When actively hiding drug use, do you think these side effects diminish also? How could no one possibly know I was on amphetamines is beyond me.

I'm talking methamp and amphetamine but this could also go true for most stimulants with maybe some exceptions..

But as i get older and my use gets spaced out a lot more, i can really start to pick up on my own mood and actions when taking certain drugs. As far as the effects going away, for me they definitely have, i used to use stimulants regularly whereas now i take them in little bursts a few times a year. I think you can hide it at the right dosage, but if used regularly i think our personalities are definitely altered significantly. And it really depends on how well those people know you. One job that i had for 6 months, i was using 2fma daily throughout the entire period so they never 'noticed' a big difference in my demeanor, but my parents for instance would be able to tell instantly.

I have met people who used meth heavily in their younger years and still have certain physiological ticks that sort of gives their history away, but i think this is a product of extreme abuse.

I took high doses every weekend for 3 day binges for the past year or more living with family and nobody noticed. Well they noticed things, but it was easily explained as "i didnt sleep well" or "im hungover" etc, so the actual drug usage wasnt suspected.

I find you are very aware of your actions and anxious to hide any weirdness and therefore its easy to hide usage. Meth also makes you act more like yourself, i dont find i act wierd or different or not like myself, just a better version of my personality.

The only things i struggle to hide is talking to much, and talking over people, not letting them get a word in. And writing long stupid irrelevant emails. And i also become far to nice, friendly, generous, helpful. Very noticeable if your not normally like that.

The main reason me and my fiancé take amphetamines is purely for the intense mind blowing sensual encounter, touch of skin, noises made , characteristics of my fiancé become a lot more physically stimulating in a sense like it's heaven on earth, I never thought my body can
feel as good as it did and the emotional factors . Sex on speed is better than any drug on this planet , I wish I can say regular sex is, but the amps and sex drive produce 10hr sex sessions and each second feels like orgasm my gosh !

^ Correct. And the secret is to not actually reach orgasm until you want to stop, rather teeter on the border for 10 hours, its almost as good but lasts hours and hours longer.