how do i become popular on BL?

Seek the Gauntlets of Ogre Power from the level 9 mage who lives in the fire giant's dungeon.

You hope to be cool on a 'net board, yet you don't understand a D&D joke?
Pfft.

• Have a definite personality. Whether that be sweet and true (Mellabopper), sandpaper abrasive (PhreeX), or fucked up bizarre with a sense of humor to prove it (Drunken Hobo), figure one out.
  • Don't be like me, who is blandly neutral, hates to offend people and basically wants everyone to like her. You have to stop being worried if you're going to be popular if you want to be popular.
  • Demonstrate that personality. Think your own thoughts, write opinionated posts, and stand by them. For bonus points bribe liquidocean into teaching you how to master the art of the perfect turn of phrase. Say things that other people will repeat and go "remember when djwhirlpool said ... ?" or that are quotable and can go into aforesaid "phatty signatures".
  • Meet people and do and say things that others will find worth telling stories about. Legends don't make themselves - they are made by the stories others tell.

Originally posted by stardragon:
  • Have a definite personality. Whether that be sweet and true (Mellabopper), sandpaper abrasive (PhreeX), or fucked up bizarre with a sense of humor to prove it (Drunken Hobo), figure one out.
  • Don't be like me, who is blandly neutral, hates to offend people and basically wants everyone to like her. You have to stop being worried if you're going to be popular if you want to be popular.
  • Demonstrate that personality. Think your own thoughts, write opinionated posts, and stand by them. For bonus points bribe liquidocean into teaching you how to master the art of the perfect turn of phrase. Say things that other people will repeat and go "remember when djwhirlpool said ... ?" or that are quotable and can go into aforesaid "phatty signatures".
  • Meet people and do and say things that others will find worth telling stories about. Legends don't make themselves - they are made by the stories others tell.
dude i was totally kidding about being popular. this is too funny though. thanks for the 12 step program on how to be cool, but like my other post says. BL is clicky. i was more making fun than trying to join. i love BL as much as the next kid, but it was purely a fun post.

it's true tho.... ya need a BIIIIIIIIG signature -- and don't forget to kiss plenty of ass ;)
disciple
--
~P~L~U~R~
BAD COP NO DONUT
*~^~*official member of the PHAT SIG POSSE*~^~*
"we can't stay here! this is bat country!"
-johnny dep as H.S.T. FALILV
Mean People Suck
«-=proud member of the social-masturbation society=-»
--
*officialy sponsored by Burger King° - home of the Whopper!*
~¥~offical member of The Triad~¥~
"four scour and seven years ago...."
-abe lincoln
«-«-<proud member of the ugly justins club>-»-»
"E = MCª"
-albert einstein

*~*~*~official member of the stuckup 8ups~*~*~*
--
YOUR AD HERE! (1 - 800 - DSCPLSI G*)
"i'm a petty tyrant; watch as i spank myself"
-PhreeX
Dont Blame Me - I Voted For Nadir!
www.gheypr0n.com
~@~proud member of the clique-consolidation clique~@~
Can you FEEL it?
"goddamn my sig is too long"
-MDMA desciple

I think you had to be there.
It's more paraphrase than quote, though.

If you were someone else, then we certainly might have been.

it's true tho.... ya need a BIIIIIIIIG signature -- and don't forget to kiss plenty of ass
disciple
--
~P~L~U~R~
BAD COP NO DONUT
*~^~*official member of the PHAT SIG POSSE*~^~*
"we can't stay here! this is bat country!"
-johnny dep as H.S.T. FALILV
Mean People Suck
«-=proud member of the social-masturbation society=-»
--
*officialy sponsored by Burger King° - home of the Whopper!*
~¥~offical member of The Triad~¥~
"four scour and seven years ago...."
-abe lincoln
«-«-<proud member of the ugly justins club>-»-»
"E = MCª"
-albert einstein
*~*~*~official member of the stuckup 8ups~*~*~*
--
YOUR AD HERE! (1 - 800 - DSCPLSI G*)
"i'm a petty tyrant; watch as i spank myself"
-PhreeX
Dont Blame Me - I Voted For Nadir!
www.gheypr0n.com
~@~proud member of the clique-consolidation clique~@~
Can you FEEL it?
"goddamn my sig is too long"
-MDMA desciple
--
Shades Of Blue
AIM: Aluvitar
*founder & official member of the Tussin Crew*
"Raving is the wave of the future."
-Ryan Haight 1982 ~ 2001
*~*Proud member of the Egotistical Prick Society*~*
"it's okay, oopsz....we've all accidentally finger banged a 14 year old on e to the point of orgasm"
-RadarLove
~*~Official Member of the 3AM Waffle House Crew~*~
it seems to be clear to me...join alot of "crew's" (which are all pretty dumb to me, i mean the "south florida" crew, or the "so cal crew" were alright, the "stuck ups" were cool too, but i mean come on, just BE yourself, shoudlnt hafta be in a crew to be cool)...
but aparently this is the way to be popular, so that i wont be...i guess start your own crew!
by the way...your pretty cool to me :)
~hydra
[ 20 March 2002: Message edited by: HydrA ]

ok so what's with all the dj whirlpool business?
impulsive state...you'll always be my love in the far away land!

aww adam you're so sweet! if you didn't live a thousand miles away i would so be in the i did hydra club...hehe

*lol at disciple*
And really, I think I was just blurting out something I had originally wanted to say in the "what makes a Bluelight legend" thread, but couldn't articulate at the time. Sorry for being such a poseur tool ;)

If this is actually a serious question (I am hoping it is a joke), well, becoming popular by conforming to other people's suggestions and ideas is actually pathetic - because - it means you aren't being your natural self. Besides, most people are popular for the wrong reasons anyway.
Popularity Shmarity!!!!
If u wanna be seen - post a neked pic on B/L.. that should give u attention - all be it the wrong kind. lol!!!!