how do i become popular on BL?

djwhirlpool said:
dude i was totally kidding about being popular. this is too funny though. thanks for the 12 step program on how to be cool, but like my other post says. BL is clicky. i was more making fun than trying to join. i love BL as much as the next kid, but it was purely a fun post.
if you read this you would know it was a JOKE!
omg people liten up!

De Nile is a river in Egypt.
Thanks to Red Arrow for the inspiration to bump this thread (which I missed out on the first time 'round...a shame because I could really have used it. :))

what's hilarious is this thread is just one big splooge of irony

Catch-22 said:
Now it is time for the advanced suggestions!
  • Pick fights with other people and then play the victim
  • If you are going to stab someone in the back, be sure to always select the sharpest knife!
  • Don't let the flames deter you from self-indulgently monopolozing an entire forum
  • Become aloof and constantly refer to the good old days
  • Make no mistake about it: The rules don't apply to people like you
  • Lament the decline of a forum while simultaneously contributing to its demise
  • Engage in flame wars whenever possible
  • Always giggle at the inside jokes, even when they are surrepticiously ridiculing people such as yourself :(
  • Post schmaltzy self-aggrandizing comments and then plead humility when someone calls "bullshit!"
  • Engage in gossip and never miss an opportunity to slander a fellow Bluelighter behind his/her back
  • Nobody liked the kid who played hall monitor!
  • Attempt a few ill-conceived practical jokes
  • Troll relentlessly! :X
  • Never miss an opportunity to interrupt a thread with private banter
  • Make more than your fair share of melodramatic announcements
  • Create a few banal catch-phrases :\ Woot!
  • Always appeal to the bored or the witless (they provide a great fan base!)
  • Insipid egotism
Ugh, I feel nauseous! 8)

ahh.. i miss the days of this c-22 :)

Actually when he was a noob he was much better at kissing ass and doing some of the things he satirizes in this thread instead of becoming...whatever he is now.

:)

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A WEBSITE FOR TRADING/GIVING INFO TO OTHERS ABOUT ILLICT SUBSTANCES? NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST....IF SO, I GUESS I'M HERE FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS, ALSO CAN I ENTER THE CONTEST???? LOL!!!!

Only if you get naked... because that's how people become popular here. See the official nudie thread for more details... of course it works better for the girls than it does for us, but whatever.

Visit my yes coca no cocaine thread in best of. They loved me in that.

i believe to be truly liked on BL you have to leave and let those who you leave behind reminisce...

be yourself and hope that your (naturally) well-mannered, positive and cheerful personality which is reflected in your postings will rub off on other bluelighters and leave a smile on their faces :) But if you're a totally jerk-off to begin with, then not much can help you unless you own a cocaine plantation in South America :)