• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did you get off your butt today V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning:

Yoga: Ashtanga: Standing Series (complete)

Afternoon:

Biking (~10 miles); run (1 mile)

the arm challenge is doing good for my biceps. my tris aren't phased yet, but it is good overall for forming a daily body weight routine. halfway done. :)

Gym full cardio workout, situps, pushups squats weights

This thread seems to be all about how you got off your but and did some physical exercise, but I have pretty bad motivational anhedonia, so getting up and doing anything around the house is pretty much deserving of a round of applause, and I am forcing myself to do these things, and I improve over time, so it is a psychic exercise that I got up and did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, and tidied/cleaned the counter today.

I had a random surge of motivation when speaking with a BLer on AIM and had to abandon him for a while to seize the moment. :)

This thread seems to be all about how you got off your but and did some physical exercise, but I have pretty bad motivational anhedonia, so getting up and doing anything around the house is pretty much deserving of a round of applause, and I am forcing myself to do these things, and I improve over time, so it is a psychic exercise that I got up and did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, and tidied/cleaned the counter today.

I had a random surge of motivation when speaking with a BLer on AIM and had to abandon him for a while to seize the moment. :)

Well at least you did something right? :D How about add maybe some pushups? ;)

^You know, you're not the only one who has been after me to start a push-up routine. I'll have to incorporate that into the daily routine I'm rebuilding. I was going to go walk down by the lake today, but the sky exploded and now it's all wet out.

Maybe push-ups by the lake tomorrow?

Yep! or maybe situps/crunches in your room? At least something right just to get the exercise going.

I exercise because it is necessary like sleep, water, food, and sex.
I don't always get enjoyment during exercise but I like the results.

After taking my boy all over the city today I was damn spent when we got home. Wondered how I would manage day 17 of the arm challenge. Structured my sets well, so it came out a breeze.

30 arm curls (7kgs each arm)
35 dips
30 arm curls
35 push-ups
15 arm curls
30 dips
15 arm curls
75 seconds shadow boxing (1.25kg plates in each hand)

Had some real quality time with my son today. Feels good, man

Good job dude! I completed Day 17 keeping on with the 10lbs for biceps and 3 lbs for punches.
I ran a 5K trail race in 23:01. First in my AG. Last Aug I was 23:23 and first in my AG.

Got into exercising doing time in jail, had many months to get into shape. I fucking busted my knee up somehow though so in a month ive gained 6 pounds , gotta get a gym membership or something.

Got into exercising doing time in jail, had many months to get into shape. I fucking busted my knee up somehow though so in a month ive gained 6 pounds , gotta get a gym membership or something.

Go go go!! It's great to have a gym membership, specially if the weather outside is bad. I love cardio exercising and running outside but sometimes you just can't if it's raining :p

Yoga: Primary Series (Ashtanga)

Standing Sequence + Finishing Sequence (~12 poses or so?)

Whew! Feel great! Another day or two of that routine (although not tomorrow; it's a Full Moon tomorrow! Yay for off days!) and it's time to start adding some Primary Series postures.

So that's what, only ~30 more poses until I'm completing the entire Primary Series every day? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.