• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How did everyone get into psychedelics?

The first time i smoked pot it was a mates dad's home grown sativa. Really strong weed. That was bordering on a psychedelic experience. I was 12 or 13 at the time.
At 17 i tried LSD for the first time. It was a Purple Om blotter. It blew my mind. Quite strong and made me reevaluate just about everything in my life. Pretty soon after that tried a number of different trips that were circulating in Oz back then in the late 80's , early 90's such as Strawberrys, Green Pyramid Gel tabs, Black poppy seed sized microdots (incredible!!), Ying Yangs, Robots. It was the start of a life long love affair.
At 18 we got into the mushies. Some older crew let us know where to go picking and we would pick garbage bags full of Psilocybe Cubensis. Many crazy nights on those.
At around 30 i was introduced to DMT. This is where everything changed for me again. Totally mind shattering / belief shifting experience. It still is every time i take it whether in an Aya brew or smoked.
Tried Salvia 10x extract twice and hated it. Horrible stuff compared to DMT. Also tried Ketamine and did not like that at all. Too dark and sinister for me.
Psychedelics are my substances of choice. I have some 2cb 20mg tablets here to try. I have not explored the RC psychedelics apart from 1p-lsd and I dont have any real desire to as I have good access to high grade acid and dmt and mushies. Maybe ALD-52 but not too worried either way.

Alcohol to MJ to mdma to hbwr/mg to 4am mushroom hunting. It took me another 6 years to get into the RC scene. Then it was like pokemon, gotta catch em all.

Depending on who you ask, depends on wether they'd class as weed a psychedelic or not. Personally, every time I smoke, or make edibles, it's the usual, much loved high I always get. I don't hallucinations or get CEV's. I got into weed though around about 3 years ago, in AS at college. I was just really interested in what being "high" was like. My friends had all smoked before in school and during college so once when I got invited to play some snooker in city centre and smoke, I went along. Coincidentally, we also planned to go watch Wolf of Wall St that day and I remember walking to the cinema absolutely blazed was the best thing ever.

From there about a year later, I was interested in MDMA. Idk what was in the crystals but the third time I did MD, I ended up hallucinating, auditory, and visually, with CEV's as well.

Now I'm going creamfields this August and to avoid doing purely MDMA in 3 consecutive days, I've chosen to do 2-cb on the Saturday, with maybe a little MD, and MD on the Sunday, with perhaps a little 2-cb.

Looking through these topics I am always shocked at how people claim the first drug usage they had was 10-14. This is much different than my experience. Myself and most other psychedelic users I have known began psychedelic usage ~19-21 as independent young adults. This strange trend concerned me and I plan on explaining why.

The majority of harms from drug usage result from the War on Drugs. Continuing this failed and devastating war on people requires excuses justifying those failed policies. Creating the picture 14 years old kids constantly abuse drugs is the just the demoralizing excuse the DEA needs.

Oddly, in the United Sates, the same government agencies create drug propaganda, determine if drugs remain illegal, and police drugs. Obviously this creates conflict of interests. If those agencies propaganda and decisions on drug laws ended the War on Drugs then people loose the jobs they have there.

Absurdly these government agencies often produce propaganda in direct conflict with other government agencies. The obvious result of this was the constant production of false and inaccurate drug propaganda being produced.

Now obviously I should say, the comments in this topic weren't anti-drug propaganda in any way.

Regardless, keeping people informed on the realities of drugs usage is imperative in keeping the public safe.

Hence, here are the real numbers on first time drug usage in the United Sates.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES said:
nfr-fig5-3-2k13.gif
http://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.htm

I got into psychedelics after a friend gave me a tab at a party and i was up frying all night... had to make a BL account and research it after that mindblowing experience ;)

Prior to that I only had misinformation about psychs, things like "you hallucinate" (aka see stuff that isn't there, which is more typical of deliriants than psychs). After that first acid trip, my mind was opened and I caught of glimpse of the rabbit hole and I've been fascinated ever since

I was always fascinated by drugs from as long as I can remember but cant remember how i first found out about them. Smoking weed and drinking as a young teenager and experiementing with various stimulants like mdma before the big UK drought spiked my interest in harder drugs. I finally aquired some LSD at the age of 17 and was given some free DMT with my first purchase and never looked back despite the first trip being somewhat traumatic and difficult.

Once i descovered LSD I viewed the euphoria from mdma and stimulants as fake and boring although MDMA did play a huge part in my personal development and I wouldnt be the person I am today without it. But now I rarely take it as it leaves me an emotional wreck for a week or so after unlike psychedelics.

My only wish is that I could have entered the world of psychedelics with more education about their dangers, set and setting etc as like most people I found out the hard way taking eye balled doses of 2c-i or 2c-e ontop of MDMA at illegal raves etc.

I first ate mushrooms when I was 16 , definitely enjoyed the experience, so I did it a few more times. . . then one day at school I was walking to PE and this stoner guy was selling acid under the bridge by my high school. I bought like 2 hits of blotter and took them both later that afternoon. Well I knew nothing about set and setting at the time; I was tripping face at home with my mom! Luckily mom is an old hippie and she didn't give me a hard time about it.. anyways, that was the one and only time I did LSD - I never wanted to do it again for some reason.... same with mushrooms, I did them a few times, and then I was like "ok I'm done" . No bad trip really, just never had the urge to take mushrooms or LSD again.

Started drinking tussin at 12, my girl at 16 got me into k acid shrooms etc.

Looking through these topics I am always shocked at how people claim the first drug usage they had was 10-14. This is much different than my experience. Myself and most other psychedelic users I have known began psychedelic usage ~19-21 as independent young adults. This strange trend concerned me and I plan on explaining why.

The majority of harms from drug usage result from the War on Drugs. Continuing this failed and devastating war on people requires excuses justifying those failed policies. Creating the picture 14 years old kids constantly abuse drugs is the just the demoralizing excuse the DEA needs.

Oddly, in the United Sates, the same government agencies create drug propaganda, determine if drugs remain illegal, and police drugs. Obviously this creates conflict of interests. If those agencies propaganda and decisions on drug laws ended the War on Drugs then people loose the jobs they have there.

Absurdly these government agencies often produce propaganda in direct conflict with other government agencies. The obvious result of this was the constant production of false and inaccurate drug propaganda being produced.

Now obviously I should say, the comments in this topic weren't anti-drug propaganda in any way.

Regardless, keeping people informed on the realities of drugs usage is imperative in keeping the public safe.

Hence, here are the real numbers on first time drug usage in the United Sates.

http://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.htm

Do you not realize people lie in these surveys?

The highschool I went to in the US, a lot of 14 year olds were using drugs. By senior year, 17-18 years old, many many people had tried more drugs than they could list on one hand.

We were all out through DARE (drug abuse resistance education) with a lot of obvious bullshit before highschool. So obvious most could see it for lies, and figured drugs cant be that bad lets do em.

Perhaps they do not have this propaganda in your country.

Do you not realize people lie in these surveys?

The highschool I went to in the US, a lot of 14 year olds were using drugs. By senior year, 17-18 years old, many many people had tried more drugs than they could list on one hand.

We were all out through DARE (drug abuse resistance education) with a lot of obvious bullshit before highschool. So obvious most could see it for lies, and figured drugs cant be that bad lets do em.

Perhaps they do not have this propaganda in your country.
Not to mention its information from the government which is designed to back up their bullshit drug war.

Its propaganda not facts. The facts are kids use drugs. Not trying drugs till you are 21 is not the norm. Its the exception.

I first smoked pot when I was 18 years & 5 days old. Mushrooms were one year and one month later. Acid was about a year after that. Adderall somewhere in there too. pain pills @ 17.5 years, shortly after my first morphine (which I loathed, pediatric ER, burst appendix, loaded down with dumb shit parents (not mine); I was irritable beyond belief (possibly due to learning the word suppository the literal way), but the walls were breathing like nothing before or since, also, everything sounded tinny). DMT around 25-26? Never got there. Close, but looped out back to earth. Salvia @ 18 and change, the first drug I found out independently and introduced my more experienced friends to, it's eh. That about rounds it out

Provide any explanation y'all choose. While disusing this at least include the graph I provided while quoting my previous comment.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES said:

For me the order is pretty similar to that.

Dissociatives
Then uppers
Then weed
Then hallucinogens
then mdma
then painkillers
then benzos

So only stimulants is out of order for me compared to surveyed people.

I'll never forget that first hit of Beavis & Butthead blotter from the early nineties that started my lifelong obsession with psychedelics... After that I got my first gram of Sigma-Aldrich AMT from my local priest-owned chemical supply store for dirt cheap?
Ah... The nineties lol!